ISY Insteon Beta 1.0.3.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Insteon Beta 1.0.3.17

This is version 1.0.3.17 Beta of the ISY Insteon Plug-in.

Version 1.0.3.17 has been verified to work with the latest ISY firmware (3.3.3), fixes bugs.

Version 1.0.3.16 has been verified to work with ISY firmware (3.3.2), fixes bugs and adds additional device suupport.

Version 1.0.3.15 is a bug fix for FanLinc actions.

Version 1.0.3.14 adds support for FanLinc devices. These will show up as two HomeSeer devices. The light device will look and behave like a standard dimmer device. The fan switch device has 4 settings: off, low, medium, and high. The fan switch device is a unique device and thus has it's own triggers, actions, and conditions. Keep this in mind when trying to integrate this device into your system.

There were some fairly significant architectural changes to the plug-in internals with the 1.0.3.12 release. In general, these changes shouldn't be noticeable under normal operation. The expectation is that they will improve the stability and robustness of the plug-in while making it easier for me to maintain.

The one visible change is on the configuration screen. It now contains a section that lets you configure which types of event status messages you would like to see and which you would like to ignore. The message filtering only effects the status messages that are output when the log level is set to status or greater.

The way program ID's are stored internal to the plug-in changed after version 1.0.3.3. The plug-in will automatically correct any program ID's in event conditions/triggers/actions that it finds. If you are upgrading from a version of the plug-in prior to version 1.0.3.3, version 1.0.3.5 will update everything in HomeSeer that depends on Program ID's. This includes the HomeSeer device record, event triggers, event actions, event conditions, etc. Because this touches so many areas in the HomeSeer configuration it is highly recommended that you back up your HomeSeer install before installing 1.0.3.7 or later.

This is being released as an installation package that will update an existing installation of the plug-in to this version. It will re-use the your existing license key.

Installation
    1. Download the ISYInsteion-1.0.3.15.zip file
    2. Unzip the contents
    3. shutdown HomeSeer
    4. Run HomeSeerPluginISYInsteon_3_0_0.msi
    5. Restart HomeSeer

Updates since 1.0.3.0
    - Added a "watchdog" timer that monitors communication status with the ISY and will raise a HomeSeer event if a communication failure is detected. Use the new plug-in trigger type "ISY Error Trigger" to use this feature.
    - Added initial support for MorningLinc devices. These will show up under the type "ISY Access Control". I don't currently have a MorningLinc so please test and report any issues.
    - Added support for the Weatherbug evapotranspiration value added in ISY firmware 3.1.3
    - Fixed bug in iMeterSolo devices where using the device control web page would corrupt the device name in HomeSeer.

Updates since 1.0.3.1
    - Added support for the new ISY Irrigation module (requires ISY firmware 3.1.4)
    - Added a "Remove Duplicate Devices" function. This will attempt to remove any duplicate HomeSeer devices that the ISYInsteon plug-in created. Big Warning: Always backup your HomeSeer configuration before using this function.
    - No longer reports an error when trying to query network resources if the networking module is not installed.
    - Changed the ISYInsteon plug-in initialization flow slightly. This should be completely transparent.

Updates since 1.0.3.2
    - Added check when the plug-in attempts to create a duplicate HomeSeer device.
    - Changed program ID's to force them to be unique. (see above notes)

Updates since 1.0.3.3
    - Fixed bug that prevented execution of program commands. This was caused by the change to program ID's in 1.0.3.3.

Updates since 1.0.3.4
    - Updated some of the I/O device types. Previously the inputs on these devices was assumed to support values that ranged between 0 and 255 and the values were reported in 0 - 100%. This caused some confusion in the plug-in and could cause the status to be reported incorrectly. I think I've fixed this by changing these to only support the values of 0 (off) and 255 (on).
    - Fixed a problem with scene status. It was not updating the display even though the internal state of the device was getting updated.

Updates since 1.0.3.5
    - Fixed problem with plug-in that caused it not to work with .NET 3.0

Updates since 1.0.3.6
    - Fixed bug in program query. It was not reading the program parent folder.

Updates since 1.0.3.7
    - Add compatibility with ISY firmware 3.1.12.

Updates since 1.0.3.8
    - Internal changes to ISY message parsing. You may see some additional log information as more ISY messages are now parsed.
    - Internal changes to the plug-in start sequence to make it more robust.
    - Internal changes to the plug-in's thread management.
    - Added verification of device records on plug-in startup.
    - Added ability to configure which status messages are output to log.
    - Updated to support ISY firmware 3.1.17
    - Added new SmartHome device strings.

Updates since 1.0.3.9
    - Fixed bug with program status events not getting processes properly.
    - Fixed bug in log level. The displayed level was off by one.

Updates since 1.0.3.10
    - Fixed bug in initial program query. The status of programs was not getting queried.
    - Fixed bug in program change code. When program changes were saved on the ISY, the plug-in's message processing thread would hang.
    - Added support for variable initial value messages. When a message with a variable's initial value is received, the plug-in sets the variable to that value.
    - Improved the code that sets the HomeSeer device state when the plug-in starts.

Updates since 1.0.3.11
    - Fixed bug in device status display. The updates in the previous version broke the status string value for devices. The device status would display incorrect values instead of the correct On/Off/Dim.
    - Fixed bug with program status. If a program changed to a "running" status, it would not clear the "running" status after transitioning to the non-running true or false.
    - Fixed a bug where the plug-in would not be able to execute program commands if the ISY was rebooted. This would happen because the ISY would change the key value needed to authenticate program commands, but the plug-in is not notified of this. Now, if the watch dog timer times out (which will happen if the ISY is rebooted), the plug-in will re-query the ISY for program status and get the updated key.
    - Improved the "Resync to ISY" button on the status page. Previously, this would restart the message thread and the ISY would send status info for each device/group. Now the button will query the ISY for program, device, group, network resource, and variable status. Any differences to the current internal plug-in information will be corrected.

Updates since 1.0.3.12
    - Fixed a couple of bugs in the program trigger code. With the new event processing, new program messages are being handled, but they were generating duplicate triggers. This fix add additional options to the ISY Program Triggers. You can now create events that will trigger when a programs starts running and when it stops running.
    - Verified that the plug-in is functional with ISY Firmware version 3.2.0
    - Made some changes to the installer. This shouldn't have any noticeable effect.

Updates since 1.0.3.13
    - Added support for the Insteon FanLinc device.
    - Verified plug-in is functional with ISY Firmware version 3.2.6
    - Turned on code that updates the HomeSeer device record for each device based on the latest info from the ISY. If you notice any issues with how a device is configured in HomeSeer, let me know.

Updates since 1.0.3.14
    - Fixes a bug in the FanLinc event actions. The Off action was broken and would not turn off the fan.

Updates since 1.0.3.15
    - Fixes a bug with IOLinc devices (and possibly other relay type devices) when sending an On command to the device with an on value of '0', the ISY will respond that the device is now on with a value of 255. The plug-in compared the returned value with the set value and since they didn't match, assumed the command failed and would retry.
    - Fixed a bug with rename events. Processing a rename event when the name didn't change could crash the plug-in.
    - Fixed a bug where energy events were being treated as Flex Your Power events.
    - Fixed a bug where the plug-in status page would fail to display until all the weatherbug data was updated.
    - Changed the behavior when the ISY returns a HTTP 501 error. Previously, this would cause the plug-in to retry the command. A 501 error from the ISY usually means the command was invalid so retrying it isn't useful.
    - Added identification of new Insteon thermostat devices.
    - Added experimental support for the SimpleHomeNet ZigBee energy monitor.

Updates since 1.0.3.16
    - Fixed bug in device polling. Polling ISY devices that are split into multiple HomeSeer devices (like iMeter Solos) would return only the main device value.
    - Added support for the new ERR control messages. These are sent when the ISY is reporting an error communicating with a device.
    - Added support for WeatherBug Elevation data.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpwwer; October 8, 2012, 03:21 PM.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Hi Bob,

I've updated and Im getting this error in the log.

COMM: ISY REST request to URL, /rest/networking/resources, failed with {405} OK

Things seem to work OK but thought I would report it anyway

Jon

Comment

Jon,

That is very strange for a couple of reasons.

1) That code in the plug-in has not changed in a very long time, it's also very simple in that it is querying the ISY with a standard HTML request.

2) 405 is a HTTP error code (Method not available) and its description should not be "OK".

3) According the ISY error list, it shouldn't even return this error.

If you have the network module (I think that's required to create network resources), you should be able to plug that URL into a browser along with the ISY's IP address and get some text back. If you don't have any network resources defined or don't have the network module, then that may explain it, but you should have been getting the same message for quite a while.

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
      Hi Bob,

I've updated and Im getting this error in the log.

COMM: ISY REST request to URL, /rest/networking/resources, failed with {405} OK

Things seem to work OK but thought I would report it anyway

Jon
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Just uploaded version 1.0.3.2. See first post for change log.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Posted 1.0.3.3. Make sure you read the note and backup HomeSeer before installing.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

How can I get out of the beta 3.3 and go back to 3.2?????

Comment

Originally posted by hoods View Post
              How can I get out of the beta 3.3 and go back to 3.2?????
              Bob posted 3.2 just above the 3.3beta
              -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Tried that - won't install older version!!

Comment

Delete the HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll from the HomeSeer directory and then install 3.2. However, if you already ran 3.3 and it converted all your programs, triggers, actions, and conditions over to use the new id format for programs, switching back to 3.2 will probably not work so well. It won't convert those back,you'll have to restore the HomeSeer database from a backup or manually fix them.

If you made a backup of the HomeSeer directory prior to installing 3.3, then the easy way would be to just restore everything from that backup, including version 3.2 of the plug-in.

Is 3.3 doing something it shouldn't?
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

It seems to work really good. However in previous versions I could put a program command into Homeseer (such as Query) and run in without going into Admin Console and now I can't. Device filters will show up in Homeseer with a "P" but none can be controlled. Different from .3.2.Is this the way it should work???

Comment

It seems to work really good. However in previous versions I could put a program command into Homeseer (such as Query) and run in without going into Admin Console and now I can't. Device filters will show up in Homeseer with a "P" but none can be controlled. Different from .3.2.Is this the way it should work???
                      That would be a bug. It should work the same as 3.2.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Need a clearer explanation?

Comment

Need a clearer explanation?
                          I don't think so. I just uploaded a new version that should fix the problem. Looks like I missed two things that needed to change.

1) Sending of commands to the ISY was using the modified ID instead of the ISY's unmodified value.

2) The filter settings were not carried over and thus could be ignored in some cases. There's still a problem with the filter device code in that it leaves all the old settings around, but HomeSeer doesn't seem to give me a way to delete those. I don't think it will hurt anything though.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.3.5. See the first post for details on the changes.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Just about to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.7. I am likely also going to update my ISY firmware. . . have you tested 1.0.3.7 with firmware 3.1.7 yet?

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X