This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with configuration

I just got my tax refund and stimulate the economy by buying a TruColor II.. and having a difficult time getting the plug-in to work.

I'm using a Sena ether->serial, it is set up properly and using their port monitor. I have configured the to use interface protocol ProLite and sign firmware prolite. using 1.0.70

When I send the test command to via LEDAM I see this in port monitor:

Code:
    <ID01><PY>This is a test
    <ID01><PY>This is a test
    <ID01><RP>
    <ID01><PY>
    <ID01><RPY>
    From what I have gathered this looks like it sets page Y to 'This is a test' (twice), performs a 'run page', then sends a blank message, and another run page. The problem is the sign does not do anything with this.

So I connect with their lovely software (looks like an early win95 reject app) and I see this on the monitor:

Code:
    <ID01><PY>this is a test^M^J
    (closes the COM port and reopens)
    <ID01><RPY>^M^J
    And everything works as I expect. To me it looks like LEDCAM is not sending the ctrl-M and ctrl-J, and I can not find an interface/protocol combo that sends the data in the proper format. Am I missing something?

Secondly, why use page Y over page A?
    Last edited by BootsC5; May 5, 2009, 11:20 PM.

Here is a quick test app that confirms the LEDAM tool is not sending the CRLF (test app ran perfectly):

Code:
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Text;
    using System.IO.Ports;

namespace ledamtest
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                SerialPort port = new SerialPort("COM5");
                port.BaudRate = 9600;
                port.Open();
                port.Write("<ID01><PY>This is my .net test\r\n");
                port.Write("<ID01><RPY>\r\n");
                port.Close();
            }
        }
    }
    And I don't see any options in the signdefs.xml to append these chars.

Also, at least with this device, to clear the display you need to send a single space, not a 0 length string.

Comment

The support for the ProLite signs is somewhat limited. I had to make some changes to support older signs (why I don't use page A). I don't currently have a ProLite hooked up, and am limited in time available, but I'll do what I can. The double entries for sure are not correct. I'll take a look at it.

I've attached a more recent version, although I don't know that it will make a difference.

Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight.

Comment

The plug-in is still not sending the \r\n to the sign with the test message.

And maybe I am not configuring the trigger properly, but it is not even attempting to send down the messages from events.

Comment

I think I found the problem and I'm working on a fix.

I can't explain the double message, I haven't been able to duplicate it here. The third command should have been RPY, not RP, this is why the message did not display. The following PY and RPY clear the sign.<id01><id01><id01><rp><id01><id01><rpy><id01><id01><id0 1><id01><rp><id01><id01><rpy><id01><id01><id01><rp><rpy><id0 1><id01><rpy><id01><id01><id01><rp><rpy><id01>
            <id01><rpy>
            I suspect you've set the message up for one time display, so the plug-in will send the message, wait a little while and then clear the sign.

I'll try and post an update to the plug-in later today. Once we've got past this part, then we can dig deeper into how messages get set up.

Bill</rpy></id01></id01></rpy></rp></id01></id01></id01></rpy></id01></id01></rpy></rp></id01></id01></id01></rpy></id01></id01></rp></id01></id01></id01></id01></rpy></id01></id01></rp></id01></id01></id01>

Comment

Sounds good. You might want to add an option to sign.xml to either create a new prolite sign or an option to append the \r\n (crlf) or not. For this prolite it is a requirement.

I know this sign has the ability to upload graphics to it. Is this common for most signs? If it is I would like to extend an offer to help get that working for as many signs as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                I think I found the problem and I'm working on a fix.

I can't explain the double message, I haven't been able to duplicate it here. The third command should have been RPY, not RP, this is why the message did not display. The following PY and RPY clear the sign.<ID01><ID01><ID01><RP><ID01><ID01><RPY><ID01><ID01><ID0 1><ID01><RP><ID01><ID01><RPY><ID01><ID01><ID01><RP><RPY><ID0 1><ID01><RPY><ID01><ID01><ID01><RP><RPY><ID01>
                <ID01><RPY>
                I suspect you've set the message up for one time display, so the plug-in will send the message, wait a little while and then clear the sign.

I'll try and post an update to the plug-in later today. Once we've got past this part, then we can dig deeper into how messages get set up.

Bill</RPY></ID01></ID01></RPY></RP></ID01></ID01></ID01></RPY></ID01></ID01></RPY></RP></ID01></ID01></ID01></RPY></ID01></ID01></RP></ID01></ID01></ID01></ID01></RPY></ID01></ID01></RP></ID01></ID01></ID01>
                Bill - did you ever get this finished and posted anywhere?

Thanks
                Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
                X