discovery failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discovery failed

Currently, I don't have any Echo devices. Just the Alexa app or using the alexa.amazon.com website.
    I'm assuming I should be able to setup HS without any physical Echo devices, am I correct?

When I setup homeseer on alexa, I quickly get the error message "discovery failed" from the Alexa app on iPhone, iPad, or on the website alexa.amazon.com ...picture below from iPhone.

My MyHS account works fine when using computers or the HStouch app on same iPhone. I have the latest beta of HS3. My profile is below.

I have tried some ideas I have found on the web such as

1. reinstall the skill
    2. close any open logins to Amazon on other devices

Any other ideas?? I don't see any messages on the board about this so evidently this hasn't been a common problem for the homeseer skill...

I am using the basic Homeseer skill. Option 1 at https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/ ...I can't find the option 2 "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" on the Alexa website. Has it been removed?

Current Date/Time: 11/25/2017 5:49:50 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.387
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 42 Minutes 43 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.102
    Number of Devices: 514
    Number of Events: 82
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Sophos Anti-Virus

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.49.0: BLBackup
    2.0.22.0: BLOccupied
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    3.4.5.0: IPThermostat
    2.17.0.19: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    1.1.17325.308: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.0.2: UPB
    3.0.0.15: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ricky; November 25, 2017, 08:44 AM.

discovery failed - solved

To update this thread. All is well, the homeseer skill discovered all my devices with voice set to on EXCEPT a Schlage z-wave lock and garage doors connected through the MyQ interface. I have alexa control these via the "tell homseer" skill.

I installed both homeseer skills and bought some echos and now everything is working, except it would be nice for the "alexa-enabled" groups to work like alexa advertises with the homseer skill. Alexa-enabled groups are supposed to be self-aware and the physical alexa device (say, an echo) is supposed to know what group they are in so you don't have to add the group name to the verbal command. But this is currently not working with the homeseer skill...
    Last edited by Ricky; December 2, 2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

As far as I know, Alexa does not find locks controlled through homeseer yet. You could create a virtual device that accepts open and close - create and event to control the lock based on the status of the virtual device (open or closed) and have Alexa discover it and then you could say open the back door, close the back door. Major word of warning is that although Alexa can distinguish voices that function is not currently supported on the homeseer skill. That means that anyone outside your door could shout - Alexa open (unlock) the front door and your door would be unlocked. I do not call my doors, I use a code word instead.

Comment

Working...
      X