Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon API - Thermostat Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Just got word that the V3 API has been approved. As of this post the message said that the skill will be enabled "shortly". You can try to re-link your account and see if you get it. When I verify that its actually working I will post.

If your locks are discovered when you run the discovery, then you have the new skill.
    Is this the HomeSeer API skill (the simpler one where you don't say "Tell HomeSeer to" or the other HomeSeer skill? And, do we need a new version of HomeSeer?

Comment

Just got word that the V3 API has been approved. As of this post the message said that the skill will be enabled "shortly". You can try to re-link your account and see if you get it. When I verify that its actually working I will post.

If your locks are discovered when you run the discovery, then you have the new skill.

Very cool! Will there be a set of relnotes of new things we can do? [emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, the smart home one.

Originally posted by randman View Post
        Is this the
        HomeSeer API skill (the simpler one where you don't say "Tell HomeSeer to" or the other HomeSeer skill? And, do we need a new version of HomeSeer?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Looks like both the V2 and V3 skills are both live. To use the new V3 one select the one named " HomeSeer Smart home Skill".

We will update this thread with release notes shortly.

Comment

Yes, can assign an Echo to a room, then add devices to that room and control them as a group.
            Yes, I have that setup. The challenge (at the moment) is when telling Alexa to turn on the lights in that group it doesn't recognize the HomeSeer switches in the groups as lights even though they're shown as lights in the group. I'm hoping this API update fixes that.

Comment

New skill installed and devices discovered. I like the new switch icons. I think I also properly disabled the V2 skill.

I edited my Master Bedroom group as a test and added the newly discovered switch objects. This group has an Echo Dot associated to it.

"Alexa, turn on the lights" results in "I can't find lights."

"Alexa, turn on the Master Bedroom" results in all of the HS-WS100+ switches in the group being turned on.

When editing the newly discovered devices within the Alexa app I see they are set as type "Switch" whereas I still see some previously discovered devices are type "Light." Is there a way to specify certain switches as Lights so they're included in the natural language commands? The switches in that room are a mix of switched outlets and ceiling lights. I'll add photos of what I see in the app in a moment...

Comment

I started a new thread to keep it out of this thermostat thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193562

Comment

Make sure you are on the latest beta of HS3 (build 3.0.0.398 or later). Edit your light switches and check the "Is Light" property. This tells Alexa that the device is a light, even though its not dimmable. Be sure to re-discover after changing this setting.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                  Yes, I have that setup. The challenge (at the moment) is when telling Alexa to turn on the lights in that group it doesn't recognize the HomeSeer switches in the groups as lights even though they're shown as lights in the group. I'm hoping this API update fixes that.

Comment

Make sure you are on the latest beta of HS3 (build 3.0.0.398 or later). Edit your light switches and check the "Is Light" property. This tells Alexa that the device is a light, even though its not dimmable. Be sure to re-discover after changing this setting.
                    Was any thermostat support added with v3?
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm on build .404. I did this last night (I think it bled to the top of the next thread page) and all is going well. <thumbsup> I'm impressed that my Philips Hue bulbs on HS-WS100+ are working well with each other in the same Alexa group. I was afraid Alexa would try to turn on the Hue bulbs and find them unreachable and not bother turning on the WS100+. Thankfully it just turns on the switches and doesn't complain that the Hue bulb is unreachable.

The only downer was re-importing every device from scratch back into Alexa, reconfiguring the groups, and going back to delete the old smart home skill's devices. I'm going to rename all my devices (again) from 2nd Location - 1st Location - Device Name to something more natural sounding in the Alexa app.

Comment

Working...
                      X