Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billbingaman View Post
    That worked, but home kit still thinks its a dimmer. Any advice?
    Go to homekit device, and click on details, and check the type, and make it switch

Comment

Switch implies on/off, the commands are really a on way command. Off is a separate command which has a different Virtual Device. Is there another homekit command that would be better for one-way communication. This may be something i need to change in Homeseer also. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        Here is HomeSeer platform for HomeBridge V0.10.1

- Added support for security systems (arm/disarm).

Sample configuration:

PHP Code:
                    {

"ref":230,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference of a Security System

"type":"SecuritySystem",        // Required for a security system

"name":"Home alarm",            // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"armedStayValues":[0],          // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-STAY

"armedAwayValues":[1],          // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-AWAY

"armedNightValues":[2],         // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-NIGHT

"disarmedValues":[3],           // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=DISARMED

"alarmValues":[4],              // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ALARM

"armStayValue":0,               // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in stay mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system

"armAwayValue":1,               // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in away mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system

"armNightValue":2,              // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in night mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system

"disarmValue":3                 // Required - HomeSeer device control value to disarm security system

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING IF THIS GETS HACKED !!!

*EDIT* Attachement removed as a new version is available
        There's no interface available that will allow HomeSeer to work with my real security system. However, I have a couple of Aeotec alarm devices that I'd like to have HomeSeer turn on or off based on events such as motion, doors being opened, etc. (the Aeotec alarm devices basically just make a loud alarm sound when they are turned on).

I'm not sure how the Homebridge "SecuritySytem" device type works. Can someone show how they created a HomeSeer virtual device that's used with the "SecuritySystem" device type? And provide a description on the events that are needed to support this device type?

EDIT: posted this question in a new thread:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...61#post1364261
        Last edited by randman; May 2, 2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Just in case someone is still looking at this old thread . . .
          The current HomeSeer / HomeKit plugin is on github and instructions to install it can be found on the main page and in the Wiki located here:
          https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer

Comment

Thanks for posting this link. I am currently using the Apple Home app to control my home automation devices that are not supported by HS3. HS3 does not support “iDevices”, Lutron (original hub), Amazon switch, and most of the smart light bulbs that have recently come on the market. These devices are supported by Apple HomeKit.

I would like like to be able to control these device via HS3. Will your plugin allow this? Can you give me some examples of how you are currently using the plugin?

This 59 page thread has lots of information about programming but I didn’t find much basic information about the plugin. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Homebridge allows you to create a bridge device to include HS3 devices in HomeKit, but not the reverse. It will not allow HS3 to control HomeKit devices that are not supported by HS3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi jvm,

I’m using your plugin for a long time now and I am really happy with it.
                I realize with your last post that my version of your plugin, homebridge and nodejs are most likely outdated. Since I am a complete noob with npm, I would really appreciate if you can explicitly clarify in the wiki what is the safe way to upgrade nodejs, homebridge and homebridge-plugin-2018 with loosing my device configuration.

Thank you.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
                  Hi jvm,

I’m using your plugin for a long time now and I am really happy with it.
                  I realize with your last post that my version of your plugin, homebridge and nodejs are most likely outdated. Since I am a complete noob with npm, I would really appreciate if you can explicitly clarify in the wiki what is the safe way to upgrade nodejs, homebridge and homebridge-plugin-2018 with loosing my device configuration.

Thank you.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
                  What platform are you using? Windows or Linux?

Usually all you have to do to upgrade the plugin is to executed the following command from a command shell (at least this is all you need to do in Windows):

npm -g update

This *should* preserve your configuration - I'd say I'm 95% confident. However, I can't guarantee it - there are libraries of code provided by others (homebridge, hap-nodejs) that have changed over time and if you have really old versions of these libraries, its possible that something could go wrong. My recollection is that, at some long-ago time in the past, I did an update that did require me to reset the configuration, but I can't be sure if that was really related to the upgrade process or something else. That's why I originally included this page in the Wiki: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridg...or-config.json
                  I can also say that I don't recall anybody complaining about an issue (at least not in a long time), so that should give some confidence.

This will update the plugin as well as all of the other JavaScript libraries that it depends on (homebridge, hap-nodejs, etc.).
                  As for updating nodejs itself, on Windows, that's easy - you just download the latest version from www.nodejs.org and double-click the file to install it.
                  On Linux, I think its a bit trickier, but you should be able to find instructions on www.nodejs.org

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                    Thanks for posting this link. I am currently using the Apple Home app to control my home automation devices that are not supported by HS3. HS3 does not support “iDevices”, Lutron (original hub), Amazon switch, and most of the smart light bulbs that have recently come on the market. These devices are supported by Apple HomeKit.

I would like like to be able to control these device via HS3. Will your plugin allow this? Can you give me some examples of how you are currently using the plugin?

This 59 page thread has lots of information about programming but I didn’t find much basic information about the plugin. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
                    My HomeBridge / HomeSeer plugin allows control of HomeSeer devices using an iPhone / Homekit, not the other way around - so you would need to figure out some other way of getting your devices to be recognized by HomeSeer.

Comment

Thank you jvm,

I’m running your plugin on Windows, so I’m going to install the latest version of nodejs and try the « npm -g update » command.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

My HomeBridge / HomeSeer plugin allows control of HomeSeer devices using an iPhone / Homekit, not the other way around - so you would need to figure out some other way of getting your devices to be recognized by HomeSeer.
                        Couldn't you create a device in Homeseer, enter it's info into Homebridge, then create a HomeKit automation that reacts to changes in the Homseseer device to then change a HomeKit device?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyInLA View Post

Couldn't you create a device in Homeseer, enter it's info into Homebridge, then create a HomeKit automation that reacts to changes in the Homseseer device to then change a HomeKit device?
                          Yes, in theory it should work, but I had tried this one time and my recollection was that it didn't work reliably - in my case, I think I found there was too much of a time lag which is why I didn't mention it. But for some use cases, it may be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Yes, in theory it should work, but I had tried this one time and my recollection was that it didn't work reliably - in my case, I think I found there was too much of a time lag which is why I didn't mention it. But for some use cases, it may be just fine.
                            oh, yeah, HomeKit automations/scenes are horrendously unreliable. But I do have a few HS devices setup in this way. I had installed iOS 13 Beta for a few weeks and know they have really added a LOT to HomeKit. I'm hopeful it becomes more reliable as well.

Comment

It would be awesome to add audio control. I have 8 x 8 audio amp that I would like to integrate into the user interface. so, volume and source control. Any way of doing this?

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I do it with virtual devices. For example I have a virtual device called mute TV. I have a mute event that is triggered by the mute TV virtual device. The virtual devices is added to my HomeKit devices as a switch. I just say "Hey Siri mute TV and voila.

Comment

Working...
                                X