Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Initializing script run: File not found" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Initializing script run: File not found" ??

OK, so I've created a new event where I want it to test a script. I select the script via the drop-down... yes, Homeseer does apparently "see" it when it scans the Scripts subdirectory.

However, when I try to manually execute the event, I get the following output in the log:

12/21/2009 4:44:56 PM Event Event Trigger "Test playsoundfile.vb script"
    12/21/2009 4:44:56 PM Event Running script and waiting: playsoundfile.vb(60; "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\hallelujah3.wav")
    12/21/2009 4:44:56 PM Error Initializing script run: File 'playsoundfile.vb' not found.

???
    This file was actually pre-existing. I'm "swinging back around" to tackling an old problem again: making some of my old scripts work with Homeseer once again, or tweaking them further.

Any idea why it can't "see" them?

I might be wrong but i'm not sure if the parameters are being passed correctly, what is the name of the subroutine in the script you are passing the variables to?

Does it run without errors if you don't pass any parameters to it?

Comment

Try restarting HomeSeer and if that doesn't work try renaming the script and see if that works.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think you're right

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        I might be wrong but i'm not sure if the parameters are being passed correctly, what is the name of the subroutine in the script you are passing the variables to?

Does it run without errors if you don't pass any parameters to it?

Circling around back to this problem again. Yeah, I think you're right. Did some more forum searching. Found that I may have been passing parameters incorrectly. (And that's my problem... figuring out how to take my old vbs scripts and "translate" them into .net).

I changed the script call to be:

playsoundfile.vb("Main","60|C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\hallelujah3.wav")

I'm still getting that stupid error, though ("Initializing script run: File 'playsoundfile.vb' not found.").

But I can't cycle Homeseer itself right now, as I'm working remotely and I just don't have that remote capability set up yet on my Homeseer PC.

Comment

Found a work-around

Located the following thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137578

Followed the advice there-in: Removed the parameters from the event. Saved the event. Ran it. Went back in to edit it. Added back in parameters. Saved it. Ran it again.

Now it at least runs to the point where I get my own debug statements written to the log. It "sees" the script now.

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Comment

Working...
          X