Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my environment when I select a song from a playlist (m3u file extension) from an HS-Touch client worked fine, it works fine it added all songs in the playlist to the now playlist for the player and played the selected song. Is you playlist also an m3u file? Can you enable debug logging for the plug-in and send me the resulting log file? I would like to check if the plug-in is actually called to play the playlist.

Originally posted by vossenh View Post
    Sorry to post this question here, but there are a lot of experience Squeezebox Plugin users in this thread, so I just want to pick your brain. In my HSTouch screen for Squeezebox, I have a button for Artist, Album and Playlist, Each populates the Music Selector with the relevant list. For Artists, I can then click on an artist, the Music Selector then shows the albums for that artist, Click on an album, it then shows the songs in the album and finally you can click on a song and it plays the song. Same idea for Albums, all works fine. however, If I populate the Music Selector with a list of all my playlists, I can select a playlist, and it then shows all the songs in the playlist. However, I cannot click on a song to play a song from the playlist. The selection just dissappears after a second or so and the player does not respond. Even clicking on the All Tracks item at the top of the track list does not play a thing. Has anyone got the use of the playlist sorted at all?? Thanks for any help you can give on this. Harry

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
      I'm also have the same error in HS log. Everything works as it should its only the error in the log.
      The Spotify plugin to Squeezebox Server
      Are you using the latest plug-in version in this thread? I posted a revision a week ago or so (beginning on this thread) that corrects an issued fetching artwork from a SB plug-in (Sound effects, Pandora for example). I am not sure if this error applies to the Spotify (I haven't tried it yet), but could be a similar problem to the issue mentioned above. If you enable debugging for the HS2 SqueezeBox plug-in an email it to me I can look into it as well, though upgrade to the latest Beta first.

The error does not break functionality except that you don't get the expected artwork specified by Spotify. It is a trace (lots of them in your case!) indicating that it failed fetching the artwork.
      Last edited by pcp; June 28, 2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Updated the plugin to latest beta and all errors in log are gone! Thanks pcp!

Comment

I found an issue last night. I don't have a screen shot but I think the repro steps are pretty easy (one I corrected the problem I did not try to make it fail again):

Set the volume of a player instance to 0
          Error log entries will be generated ~every 30 seconds

I don't have a copy of the exception, but is was a cast exception in a squeezebox ParseCommand function. It could not cast a 'nan' to a Double.

Comment

Originally posted by BootsC5 View Post
            I found an issue last night. I don't have a screen shot but I think the repro steps are pretty easy (one I corrected the problem I did not try to make it fail again):

Set the volume of a player instance to 0
            Error log entries will be generated ~every 30 seconds

I don't have a copy of the exception, but is was a cast exception in a squeezebox ParseCommand function. It could not cast a 'nan' to a Double.
            Were you setting the volume using the plug-in script APIs, HSTouch or setting it on the player (via remote or SB Server web page)?

Comment

Via the web interface of the server.

Comment

I have a bug to report (I think). I was using the MusicAPI to change shuffle and had poor results (switched to shuffle by album but never moves from there using the shuffletoggle command in the musicapi). So I tried scripting using the SqueezeboxAPI and some if/elseif statements. When polling the current shuffle status from my squeezebox using the PlayerGetPlayerProperty method, the status returned is always "shuffle by song" no matter what the player is set to (I used the HS device to change to shuffle by album and no shuffle). This may be why the MusicAPI shuffle toggle is also not working. Can you take a look and let me know if you see the same issue. I am using v. 2.0.0.9 of your plugin.

Comment

I have to look into this... I recall I made a small change to cover an issue but may not be related to this. There are some difference between SqueezeBox and MusicAPI shuffle states/terminology, but should still report new states when using the APIs. When you toggle the shuffle state, using either the SB Server Web page or the remote for the player, do you see it changing on the HS2 status page for the player (you need to refresh of course)?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    I have to look into this... I recall I made a small change to cover an issue but may not be related to this. There are some difference between SqueezeBox and MusicAPI shuffle states/terminology, but should still report new states when using the APIs. When you toggle the shuffle state, using either the SB Server Web page or the remote for the player, do you see it changing on the HS2 status page for the player (you need to refresh of course)?
                    Yes, all works fine if I change via the web server for SB server.

Comment

Besides working find one the player, does shuffle information get correctly displayed on the HS2 status page for that player in its shuffle/repeat HS2 device? Your reply was not specific about the status page update, just wanted to ensure that is working fine. It would help to determine if a more general problem or specific to the APIs.

Comment

Yes, the information is correctly displayed in HS2. That is what I meant by all works fine in response to your question.

Comment

I looked at the code and could not find why it would not return the correct shuffle status using the APIs while correct in the HS2 device. Will continue this weekend...

Comment

I did some tests running a script and could not reproduce the issue. The shuffle and repeat status returned by the APIs changed as I change the status (I used the HS2 device page to change it). Attached is the script I was running from an event and logging the output to the HS2 log. Please try this script (adjusting player name in PlayerGetPlayerProperty and instance number in GetMusicAPI).
                            Attached Files

Comment

pcp,

here is the simple script I am using to change the shuffle with the music api. This was getting caught/stuck on shuffle by album. I then tried using the squeezebox plugin API by reading status and advancing to the next shuffle method. I had the same result....sticks on shuffle by album. So maybe it's not what is being reported back but there is some issue in toggling the shuffle status using the API.

I lost the code for the squeezebox API script I was using. I will try to recreate. Inn the meantime, please take a look at the attached and let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

pcp, I think I narrowed down my issue. I was executing the script from HSTouch and I hadn't noticed that it was also trying to set the shuffle through the music API in addition to the script. It took me a while but I narrowed down the issue was only happening when executing from HSTouch. Sorry for any inconvenience. I think I have the issue resolved.
                                Last edited by heatvent; July 25, 2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X