Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotely enable HSWeb server. ?? HS2

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but ..:-|

Can I after receiving an email trigger an event in HS 2 either by script or plugin
    enable the WEB server access.?

like this>
    I leave home and send a email to HS and it turns on access to the web server so I can access pages and stuff. see status and logs.
    when finished.
    Send a second email to turn the web server access OFF.

TIA
    22v10

Why would you want to do this? You could change the ini setting to enable /disable HS but then you would have to restart HS for the settings to be read.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by 22v10 View Post
      Not sure if this is the right place to ask but ..:-|

Can I after receiving an email trigger an event in HS 2 either by script or plugin
      enable the WEB server access.?

like this>
      I leave home and send a email to HS and it turns on access to the web server so I can access pages and stuff. see status and logs.
      when finished.
      Send a second email to turn the web server access OFF.

TIA
      22v10
      I have a very strong password on my router for remote access. I also set the management of my router to an uncommon port. I can remotely control port forwarding and turn off the external to internal routing. You could leave HS up and just kill the forwarding in your router.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

LoL... That.s what I ended up doing...using the secure port on my router
        to turn the forwarding on/off.

It will do I dont' want to restart anything. Someone was hacking or tying to hit my web server ..HA,HA they tried ROOT, ADMIN, Connect, and many others. (thank goodness for STRONG passwords and a belief in using them) upper & lower & a Number with a Symbol. ..Like
        My log was full for an hour...I did some back checking ..ie trace-route etc.
        I ping flooded them back for a while..but it got me thinking about being able to remotely turn off access ..
        I think the router forwarding is probably sufficient.

But thanks again to the forum for helping me make up my mind...YOI!
        22v10
        Last edited by ; May 22, 2014, 10:35 PM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Working...
        X