Help me I am stuck!!! (Solved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skozin View Post
    Well for some reason, my phone is now working. Don't know what I did, but I reran setup connection. I am able to communicate to HS3 just fine on wifi and on cellular.

One other question. I also have a tablet. Can I setup up this tablet (Android) and use 2 devices to work with Tasker or will there be a conflict between the 2?

Thanks again for all your help!

Steve
    Great, I was writing when you reply.
    When you are done with Debug, set it to 0 to disable all debug messages on screen.

You can have as many devices as you want
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Okay, then please help with this one. I copied the info from my phone to setup home network and this is what I put in:
      192.168.2.4:8080

Use ssl not checked

steve (for routers id)

I push Load SSID and it finds my wifi

Then I save it.

When I click to turn off a light, I am using the same code as on my phone and it won't work.

I am using my hsconnect.

Steve

Any suggestions

Comment

Okay, then please help with this one. I copied the info from my phone to setup home network and this is what I put in:
        192.168.2.4:8080

Use ssl not checked

steve (for routers id)

I push Load SSID and it finds my wifi

Then I save it.

When I click to turn off a light, I am using the same code as on my phone and it won't work.

I am using my hsconnect.

Steve

Any suggestions
        Hi Steve,
        I'm just helping with the easy bits and must remind you I'm not a pro.

This plugin is crazy! It makes you love Android.I advise anyone with a learning curve like me to try the easy bits first and then go to the hard bits. What I advise here

is say you have an event already created in HS3 Server:

"TURN BEDROOM LIGHT ON"

Then in Tasker depending on what is triggering that event would be, let say you used Profile "TIME"

So in Taskers TASKS try this:

VARIABLE SET

%HSCommand to

TURN BEDROOM LIGHT ON

If you can't wait for the time you set try and run the play button on left bottom of the task you are creating and see what you get. You don't have run all your events from the phone. Create them on HomeSeer 3 Server and then run the %HSCommand to run those events.And don't forget to check back on this:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158888

I also have some other examples I posted here:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174452

Regards.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman:

Thanks for the help. I understand that part and I have 1 device up and running.

The problem I am having is on my Android tablet Version 4.0.4. I am using the same settings as my phone but for some reason, it wont communicate to Homeseer. Home can talk to the tablet fine.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Comment

Eman:

Thanks for the help. I understand that part and I have 1 device up and running.

The problem I am having is on my Android tablet Version 4.0.4. I am using the same settings as my phone but for some reason, it wont communicate to Homeseer. Home can talk to the tablet fine.

Any suggestions?

Steve
            Sorry Steve,

Every device needs a new install and gets a new API key. So you start from scratch. Every device is treated as a different user. Correct me Tonlof if am wrong.

Regards.

Eman.

Comment

No need to apologize. I am just frustrated trying to get this tablet to work. It is on the same network as my Homeseer machine.

This is just driving my crazy!!!

Steve

Comment

No need to apologize. I am just frustrated trying to get this tablet to work. It is on the same network as my Homeseer machine.

This is just driving my crazy!!!

Steve
                Hi Steve,
                If you are using MHSconnect on both devices then that could be part of the problem as we discovered in the past. Try and use the normal connection or DDNS on one of the devices and see what happens. Or else Tonlof wil sort this one out.

Regards.

Eman.

Comment

What do you mean by the normal connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                    Steve,
                    The Tacker plugin needs to have it's own port, which is the ssl port and not HS3 port. I did find that 443 doesn't work on Server 2012. So I added on another extra number. I hope that helps.
                    Eman.
                    AFAIK, the Tasker plugin uses JSON to send commands back to HS3 server. JSON is just like normal URL call, and it can be done on regular HS3 port (80) or SSL port (443). It doesn't have its own port.

If you can open your HS3 server with your android browser, then technically the Tasker plugin can access and communicate with your HS3 server too. It's just a matter of setting it with the right info.
                    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                      AFAIK, the Tasker plugin uses JSON to send commands back to HS3 server. JSON is just like normal URL call, and it can be done on regular HS3 port (80) or SSL port (443). It doesn't have its own port.

If you can open your HS3 server with your android browser, then technically the Tasker plugin can access and communicate with your HS3 server too. It's just a matter of setting it with the right info.
                      I am using 8080 as my port and type in http://192.168.2.4:8080 and can show up the HS3 web control page fine.

I was able to set up on the dyndns side but still no communication from Tasker to HS3.

Very strange.

Comment

I am using 8080 as my port and type in http://192.168.2.4:8080 and can show up the HS3 web control page fine.

I was able to set up on the dyndns side but still no communication from Tasker to HS3.

Very strange.
                        It's best to focus on local-access first, before dealing with external access (through dyndns, etc). Btw, when you make changes on Tasker, like run its ConnectionSetup script, I think you may need to exit Tasker and restart it to make sure the new settings are used.

Go to Tasker's menu and click 'EXIT'.
                        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

I have done that. I noticed that the tasker icon still is running next to the clock. Is it really exiting?

Comment

I have done that. I noticed that the tasker icon still is running next to the clock. Is it really exiting?
                            Yes, seems so.

How are you testing the connection?

One thing that this plugin is sorely lacking is a way to quickly test the connection. I was doubly confused at the time because i've never used Tasker nor JSON either.

Comment

Tonlof told me to activate the debugger on tasker where it shows info. When I click on the (On) event and changed the device number to my reference number, I would press the play button and it will show the correct username, password, and hs connection to tell me that this was correct. For some reason I just checked my HS3 Log and this is what I have:

May-21 11:36:41 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Tasker Plugin

May-21 11:36:41 PM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (WanIP) but there are none defined in the system.

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin Checking for devices owned by Tasker Plugin

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin 0 triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...

May-21 11:36:40 PM Ref: 41

May-21 11:36:40 PM Ref: 36

May-21 11:36:40 PM Info Plugin Tasker Plugin has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65122

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin Running time limeted beta. Ending in 39 days

May-21 11:36:39 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in HSTouch Server

May-21 11:36:39 PM Info Plugin HSTouch Server has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65118

Why did these ports change?

Comment

Tonlof told me to activate the debugger on tasker where it shows info. When I click on the (On) event and changed the device number to my reference number, I would press the play button and it will show the correct username, password, and hs connection to tell me that this was correct. For some reason I just checked my HS3 Log and this is what I have:

May-21 11:36:41 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Tasker Plugin

May-21 11:36:41 PM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (WanIP) but there are none defined in the system.

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin Checking for devices owned by Tasker Plugin

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin 0 triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...

May-21 11:36:40 PM Ref: 41

May-21 11:36:40 PM Ref: 36

May-21 11:36:40 PM Info Plugin Tasker Plugin has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65122

May-21 11:36:40 PM Tasker Plugin Running time limeted beta. Ending in 39 days

May-21 11:36:39 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in HSTouch Server

May-21 11:36:39 PM Info Plugin HSTouch Server has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65118

Why did these ports change?
                                Steve,
                                I think the system automatically reroutes communications internally. As you see the first part is Tasker and the second is HSTouch. Network admins should jump in here.

Regards.

Eman.
                                Last edited by Eman; May 22, 2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X