Tasker in the HS Store/Updater!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasker in the HS Store/Updater!

Nice to see this make it into the Homeseer store and Updater! Gladly purchased it, well worth the price.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
    Nice to see this make it into the Homeseer store and Updater! Gladly purchased it, well worth the price.
    Thank you TechHA, I have not got any confirmation from HS that the licence part is okay and working so that's why I have been quiet until I get reply from them.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Same here, glad to see I can finally pay for it. Appreciate the efforts in making this plugin. It's helped make my tablets around the house much more functional.

Comment

Nice one man and well-done

Regards.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Great news.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Do I understand correctly that this plugin requires a web service to use? I did see there is an option for direct connection, but it looks like it only tries once before defaulting to the web service. I would consider buying the plugin if there was an option to explicitly allow only a direct connection, which would then retry the direct connection if it can't connect. I use Tasker and have it automate connection to the home VPN any time we are away from home. However, there are moments when the VPN might be not connected or busy reconnecting. I already use Tasker with HS, using my own scripts and such, but might consider a plugin if the above features were supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
              Do I understand correctly that this plugin requires a web service to use? I did see there is an option for direct connection, but it looks like it only tries once before defaulting to the web service. I would consider buying the plugin if there was an option to explicitly allow only a direct connection, which would then retry the direct connection if it can't connect. I use Tasker and have it automate connection to the home VPN any time we are away from home. However, there are moments when the VPN might be not connected or busy reconnecting. I already use Tasker with HS, using my own scripts and such, but might consider a plugin if the above features were supported.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Congrats!
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Hello Automated, in updater you will found a new beta that is based on your request. You can now disable Google Push. Local commands makes up to 10 retries.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks. I will try it out as soon as I am back home from a business trip.

Comment

Looks good. I went ahead and purchased the plugin, as it is sufficiently further along than my existing Tasker setup/scripts, that I will change over. I now also fully understand what you meant by the fixed IP changing. When I am connected back home via VPN, the IP address is indeed different than when I am on the local WiFi. Could you implement a feature so that the plugin can look at another device's string value to find the IP address it should use on each communication attempt? I can easily set that up, so that other events will set the correct current IP, depending if our phones are local or on the VPN. I really appreciate services that I can configure to work with my own setup and not cloud providers.

Comment

Looks good. I went ahead and purchased the plugin, as it is sufficiently further along than my existing Tasker setup/scripts, that I will change over. I now also fully understand what you meant by the fixed IP changing. When I am connected back home via VPN, the IP address is indeed different than when I am on the local WiFi. Could you implement a feature so that the plugin can look at another device's string value to find the IP address it should use on each communication attempt? I can easily set that up, so that other events will set the correct current IP, depending if our phones are local or on the VPN. I really appreciate services that I can configure to work with my own setup and not cloud providers.
                        Sounds great, there is a new beta 3.0.3.7, in the localip field you can now use replacement variables. If you first create an virtual device in HS3 and then set devicestring ref 123 with the updated deviceip from tasker and then use $$DTR:123:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tonlof; November 9, 2015, 01:58 PM.
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                          Sounds great, there is a new beta 3.0.3.7, in the localip field you can now use replacement variables. If you first create an virtual device in HS3 and then set devicestring ref 123 with the updated deviceip from tasker and then use $$DTR:123:
                          Fantastic! I will try it tonight...
                          Last edited by tonlof; November 9, 2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Fantastic! I will try it tonight...
                            Hi, have you tested it yet?
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                              Hi, have you tested it yet?
                              I started to, and then I had to fly out for work again. I will be back tonight, so will resume testing over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X