No announcement yet.

Does Homeseer have a garage plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your main wall switch don't even work just turn off your relay in HS so its not always a closed circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      If your main wall switch don't even work just turn off your relay in HS so its not always a closed circuit.
      Yah 😀. Realized that about an hour later

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Hey jumper.. this is way above my head so far. Unfortunately, since i already moved the evolve binary switches over, now my doors don't even work at the main wall switch...

so... can you do me a HUGE favor and help put your events into my names to guide me through one?

Small Garage door (this is the evolve switch)
        Small Door Sensor (this is the ecolink tilt sensor)

I'll owe you a sixpack!
        No worries, at all. So this is what you want to do -

First, create a Virtual Device just like the one in this attached screenshot. Call it, "Garage Door Virtual Device" (mine is called "Gate 1")

Then, look at my post here - http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=24 and replace these names -

"Gate One" with "Garage Door" ("Gate One" Will be your main event, so create that first).
        "First Floor Front Yard Gate 1" with "Garage Door Virtual Device"
        "First Floor Front Yard Gate 1 Sensory Binary Reserved" with "Small Door Sensor"
        "First Floor Front Yard Gate 1 Toggle Switch" with "Small Garage door"

Also, take note of where I call mine "Gate 1" vs "Gate One". "Gate One" is the name of my main Event, and "Gate 1" is the name of my Virtual Device. They're different.

Hopefully, that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK... so close. it works, but the icon status in the HS dashboard and the control are opposite. When the door is actually open, the icon shows closed, and the control shows closed.

attached. what did i screw up?
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure the actions for your "Virtual Garage Door SMALL" should say "Open" or "Close", NOT "On" or "Off". In your screenshots they look correct so I'm not sure why the wording is different in your Events. Did you manually type those values in, or do you only have "On"/"Off" in your drop down list?

HOWEVER, if you've fully tested it and everything works exactly as it should, but just in reverse, then how about if you just flip the status in your "check if small garage door is open" Event and your "check if garage door is closed" Event?

So basically, do this -

Change "Then Set Device Virtual Device Garage Virtual Garage Door SMALL to Off" to "ON" instead, and do the opposite for your other Event.

Let me know how that goes. Hopefully, it works

Comment

funny... when i set it up, i remember all that was available was on/off... but now open/close was there now. that did it!

Thanks so much! One more vera thing moved over!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                I had the same exact problem, but came up with a fairly good solution. This was my solution - http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=24. I basically disable the event, poll the status, and reenable it. Seems to work pretty good.

And here's the full thread if you want to see other people's suggestions - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180273
                You're a lifesaver. As a fresh convert from Vera to HS3, this allowed me to set up imperihome the same way it was before.

Thanks

Comment

Event running in the middle of the night?

@jumper4000

This has been working great! But noticed something funny looking at my logs this morning. Why would this be running in the middle of the night? We were all asleep. I thought maybe my Ecolink tilt sensor was acting up... but would be too much of a coincidence that this was happening on both my large and small garage doors. any thoughts on how to debug?

This seems to be happening about the same time every night.

Dec-29 4:53:14 AM
                  Event
                  Running script and waiting: &nhs.enableevent("Large Garage Event")
                  Device Control
                  Device: Garage Doors Garage Virtual Garage Door LARGE to Close (2)
                  Event
                  Running script and waiting: &nhs.disableevent("Large Garage Event")
                  Event
                  Event Trigger "Garage Events Check if large garage door is closed"
                  Dec-29 3:51:52 AM
                  Event
                  Running script and waiting: &nhs.enableevent("Small Garage Event")
                  Device Control
                  Device: Garage Doors Garage Virtual Garage Door SMALL to Close (2)
                  Event
                  Running script and waiting: &nhs.disableevent("Small Garage Event")
                  Event
                  Event Trigger "Garage Events Check if small garage door is closed"
                  Event
                  Device Control
                  Event
                  Event
                  Dec-29 12:50:56 AM
                  Event
                  Running script and waiting: &nhs.enableevent("Large Garage Event")
                  Device Control
                  Device: Garage Doors Garage Virtual Garage Door LARGE to Close (2)
                  Event
                  Running script and waiting: &nhs.disableevent("Large Garage Event")
                  Event
                  Event Trigger "Garage Events Check if large garage door is closed"
                  Dec-28 11:49:39 PM
                  Event
                  Device Control
                  Event
                  Event
                  Last edited by Tomgru; December 29, 2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I think it has to do with this logic we have in there - "Sensor had its value set On-Open-Motion/Off-Closed-No Motion". What happens is that when every few hours your sensor sends its status, the virtual garage door status gets reset. It's fine though, it shouldn't cause any issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                      I think it has to do with this logic we have in there - "Sensor had its value set On-Open-Motion/Off-Closed-No Motion". What happens is that when every few hours your sensor sends its status, the virtual garage door status gets reset. It's fine though, it shouldn't cause any issues at all.
                      Ah...makes sense. thanks!

Comment

using this with Alexa

@jumper4000

hey there...

since you were so great helping me get this running... any advice on how to get it working with the new Alexa v3 skill. Works great with Jon00's skill... but i have all sorts of weird issues using anything else.

I figured i'd just setup the virtual device to work, but this doesn't always seem to work. before i debug more, thought i'd reach out and seen what (if anything) you did?

thanks.

Comment

This is a lot of complexity for a simple function of garage door control. In my case a So off is used and expect a command of open or closed as to the desired door position. It will control relay and use the sensors/contact sensors that come with the garage door opener to know if relay action is needed to achieve the desired position. At the HS level it is a device to command open/close and a returned status to show current position. Can even do "Alexa close garage door" independent of HS and HS will still be updated as to current/changed position. Really do not want to be dependent upon HS for a security action, but do want HS to know state of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            This is a lot of complexity for a simple function of garage door control. In my case a So off is used and expect a command of open or closed as to the desired door position. It will control relay and use the sensors/contact sensors that come with the garage door opener to know if relay action is needed to achieve the desired position. At the HS level it is a device to command open/close and a returned status to show current position. Can even do "Alexa close garage door" independent of HS and HS will still be updated as to current/changed position. Really do not want to be dependent upon HS for a security action, but do want HS to know state of the door.
                            anyway you can share in an easy enough way we can replicate? :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X