IOS 11 update broke local

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IOS 11 update broke local

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I agree; it's frustrating to go to a touch screen to do a task, only to see that HSTouch has dropped out.
      Don

Comment

The iPad connects to the network fine... I can use the browser to connect to the HS server directly fine for manual control.
        The MYHS connects fine as well, it is only the LOCAL <networkname> connection that fails.

Everything, and I mean everything else, seems to connect and work fine, it is ONLY the local connection, as mine is set to ASK, that fails.

Comment

Originally posted by rsisson View Post
          The iPad connects to the network fine... I can use the browser to connect to the HS server directly fine for manual control.
          The MYHS connects fine as well, it is only the LOCAL <networkname> connection that fails.

Everything, and I mean everything else, seems to connect and work fine, it is ONLY the local connection, as mine is set to ASK, that fails.
          It has to be something with your local network. We have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones, all running 11.0.2. They will all connect by local IP, my DDNS and MyHS. You might try turning the firewall off on your HS server to see if port 10200 is blocked.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Comment

Does your myHS login have admin + local and is it the only account with local? Have you tried restarting HS3 since this change and it's also a good idea to restart (disable/enable) the HSTouch plugin?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, that would be a username or password problem. Have you reentered both on the local connection credentials settings in your phone and confirmed them on the HS3 network tab under settings? MyHS uses a different username and password.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Are you using 2 factor authentication? Try turning it off/on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Ok, so we have eliminated several potential issues. Great.

Would you be able to attach a screen snapshot of the error? While I personally have not seen a "can't authenticate" screen, I do recall seeing the username/password dialog popup even though I have entered it correctly previously. I have in these situations checked in the HSTOUCH settings user interface and sometimes seen that the previously entered credentials have disappeared. Hence my original post.

But, if they are still there, and you're getting authentication issues, then further troubleshooting potentially needs to be done by HomeSeer support.

All I am stating that things are somewhat wonky, and am very interested in hearing more about this as it may resolve some of the issues that I have experienced. HSTouch is not a critical app as I have ventured to other technologies. But, should this be corrected, then I may be open to further testing....

Thanks for sharing your issue.
                    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Have you tried:
                      1) Deleting the HS3 app from the device and reinstalling.
                      2) Setup a new User and password in HS3 under the Network tab with admin+ local rights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

UPDATE

Please understand, that in 15min the ONLY thing that changed was HS3 iOS 11 update.

I did not change any passwords on HS3.
                        I did not change any passwords on my network.

I Updated to the latest HS3Touch patch that was supposed to work with iOS 11

I haven't re-booted HS3 as I don't like doing that for "no reason" as the REST of my system is running fine. Everything is WORKING except the one thing that changed.

I am getting the same error on my iPad, my iPhone, and my WIFE's iPhone.

UPDATE - didn't even get to hit send

OK... trying to stop/Start HStouch LOCKED my server up but good.
                        I had to stop HS3 via task manager
                        Starting HS3 loaded an update...
                        (NOW) HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.368
                        Now it connects, but exits as soon as I attempt to control a lock, lights seem to work. But as soon as I touch LOCKS I am back to my desktop.

Getting the following error message in the LOGS each time...

Alexa has no problem with the locks, or lights, so the API works.

Not sure what is going on the HS3Touch, but my wife is not happy, she has to find her house keys (again), and I was just getting her used to using HS3touch...

Comment

Does your myHS login have admin + local and is it the only account with local?

Comment

It has the same privileges it did before the update, admin and local.

There are three accounts with those privileges.
                            Ninovan
                            Whereiscarmen (HS3Touch)
                            Attached Files

Comment

So you are not using your myHomeSeer account to connect?

Comment

Working...
                              X