This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Much Traffic

Anyone that knows how to stop the excessive traffic from Insteon please chime in. Seems every command is follow by a crazy amount of blinking.
    Ive gone through and deleted unnecessary lincs and such.
    Its hard to keep up with the latest firmware because of smartlincing.
    I'm not sure what to do (or should I not worry). Most of the communication is valid (no red blinking on devices) but the diagnostic keypad buzzes every now and again.
    I read that maybe the hub is searching for absent devices or scenes.
    I have deleted some scenes, however no devices are absent.
    I dread a system reset.

Current Date/Time: 3/18/2018 1:41:12 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 14 Minutes 14 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.104
    Number of Devices: 349
    Number of Events: 27
    Available Threads: 1023

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.37: EnvisaLink
    3.7.0.0: Harmony Hub
    3.7.0.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.6.16: Insteon
    2.0.1.6: JowiHue
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.3.6389.22764: Yamaha

i would suggest the following approach:

try cutting circuits one by one until the noise is gone. then look at the devices on that circuit and unplug them to see if you can identify the specific device causing the problem. you can then add a filterlinc to that device.

if you suspect an insteon device, pull the set btn on the switch to cut power. i have seen this when they go bad; they just start broadcasting garbage. You can try a factory reset on the device.

if all else fails, there are plenty of other threads in this forum about locating and eliminating noise and what type of devices cause noise. they might help.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Tried cutting circuits like you said and it slowed down some but ultimately when I unplugged the hub2 is when all was quiet.
      Seems the hub is the culprit.
      But how do I fix that?

Comment

try a reset and reprogram on the hub from the plugin config page. this will erase the link database. the routine will replace the links it needs.

if you created links with other software you would need to recreate those.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Seems Insteon should offer some api logging and to manually get rid of unwanted access that has accumulated .
          Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

I would definitely like to see more diagnostics tools for improving the insteon signal.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ive tried resetting and reprogramming to no avail.
              Can I reset the hub2 and then reprogram it? or should I delete devices in insteon app first? not sure what to do about excessive traffic.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
                Ive tried resetting and reprogramming to no avail.
                Can I reset the hub2 and then reprogram it? or should I delete devices in insteon app first? not sure what to do about excessive traffic.

Thanks
                if you ran the 'reset and reprogram' from the plugin then you did reset the hub2

there must some other device causing this; i think you just need to keep searching
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X