No announcement yet.

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6, Gen5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to set the parameter 4 to value 5 by an event and I got a zwave error in the log:

Feb-09 6:54:08 PM Z-Wave Warning A Z-Wave action in the event Test set parameter returned an incomplete (failed) result.
    Feb-09 6:54:08 PM Z-Wave Error Event Action Set Configuration Parameter failed in Event Test set parameter

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
      I just tried to set the parameter 4 to value 5 by an event and I got a zwave error in the log:

Feb-09 6:54:08 PM Z-Wave WarningA Z-Wave action in the event Test set parameter returned an incomplete (failed) result.

Feb-09 6:54:08 PM Z-Wave ErrorEvent Action Set Configuration Parameter failed in Event Test set parameter

Did you wake it up before you sent it?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
        Al,

Above sounds like a good idea---how do you handle the device wake-up? Or does it really send the changes the next time the device initiates it's own wakeup?

BobSpen

If you've added it while it has batteries, then in theory it does, although I haven't tried it that way. If you've added it while on usb power, then I think HS will not try to queue it.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've got two of these, one on USB power. It is always awake (or at least wakes up right away) and reacts immediately to any sent commands. The battery powered one has to be woken up again and again to be able to send commands.

However, I just updated both of them to FW1.08 so I'll see if communication with the battery powered one improves. The FW update was done using Zstick and the OTA process. Not painless, but not too bad.

Comment

So with v1.08 I removed and added again. I get 7 out of 8 but don't seem to be missing anything. However, I can no longer reset notifications. The option just isn't there.

The unit on battery power has to be manually woken up if you want to know you set a parameter. I'm not sure it gets queued and sent properly when the device wakes up.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              So with v1.08 I removed and added again. I get 7 out of 8 but don't seem to be missing anything. However, I can no longer reset notifications. The option just isn't there.

The unit on battery power has to be manually woken up if you want to know you set a parameter. I'm not sure it gets queued and sent properly when the device wakes up.
              I will add that the only reason I upgraded to v1.08 was because I wanted to turn off that bloody green update/motion light. The product literature stated that you could control the light and its color - but that's never materialized. Firmware v1.08's release notes clearly stated the addition of parameter 81 to disable the LED.

Anyway, I bought a UZB stick just for the purpose of upgrading the firmware. Upgrade was successful this week. Set parameter 81 - NO CHANGE.

I removed, re-added, clicked my heels - tried different values for parameter 81 - and no change. The LED illuminates upon movement, vibration, and (I think) when it delivers updates.

This is all while on USB power. I haven't tried on battery, I suppose... but I want the sensor to live in my bedroom, and I see that green light in the darkness.

And yes I've tried to cover it -- white tape, 2 layers of white tape, 2 layers of white tape and a piece of thick white stock paper cut to shape -- and in the darkness, it still shines as brightly as with none of those treatments.

OK, rant over.

Comment

One tiny piece of black vinyl electrical tape? Then a piece of white tape over it so it doesn't look ugly...

Comment

Does anyone have the threshold working? Ive adjusted parameters 42 and 43 but I only get updates from luminance, humidity and temperature every automatic report rate and not earlier.

parameter value size
                  42 5 1
                  43 25 2

---- Edit -----
                  Nevermind I had to change parameter 40 to 1 1 byte. Now it works
                  Last edited by alan_smithee; March 1, 2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X