Lost Config (NOT kidding!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Config (NOT kidding!)

I don't know how it happened, but I've lost my configuration. I don't have a backup more recent than September. I'm using that now, but it has no events in it. In case the config files somehow got moved instead of deleted, can you tell me what files I need to look for to get back up and running?

Oh, yeah...

MESSAGE BOARD (copy/paste section below to message board posts)

Current Date/Time: 6/24/2017 5:59:15 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 47 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.121
    Number of Devices: 207
    Number of Events: 0
    Available Threads: 600

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Check the ConfigBackup folder for any recent backups.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

HS keeps up to to 10 backups of your config in the Data folder.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        HS keeps up to to 10 backups of your config in the Data folder.
        The latest one in ConfigBackup is from September.

Regarding the \data folder, does it keep them automatically? Checking...

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Yes, there should be 10 files there with filenames that match your config file and have numbers attached.

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
          The latest one in ConfigBackup is from September.

Regarding the \data folder, does it keep them automatically? Checking...
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Yes, there should be 10 files there with filenames that match your config file and have numbers attached.
            There are 10 files named HomeSeerData_x.hsd. These contain my config files?? I assume I choose the most recent one and move it...where?

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

take a backup before changing anything... and just remove the _x and start up HS...

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                take a backup before changing anything... and just remove the _x and start up HS...
                OK, tried this, tried various .hsd files going back to 6/15 (definitely before the problem appeared), and I have still lost my events. Most everything else appears to be intact. But I really don't want to have to rewrite all my events...

Any other suggestions?

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

OK, tried this, tried various .hsd files going back to 6/15 (definitely before the problem appeared), and I have still lost my events. Most everything else appears to be intact. But I really don't want to have to rewrite all my events...

Any other suggestions?
                  You are moving that file from the backup folder to the HS root folder - right?
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I suppose that you are shutting down Homeseer before copying over these files; eh?

Do you have a Homeseer Directory backup?

It seems to be a database corruption issue. Try shutting down HS, copy over an older HSD file and reboot your computer for a cold start...just guessing...
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Any other suggestions?
                      I don't believe the backup directory is used anymore. Easiest way is to go to the Setup page and select another Configuration file from the dropdown list. It lists all of the HS3 data backups (that are now in /Data)

Z
                      Last edited by vasrc; June 27, 2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                        I don't believe the backup directory isn't used anymore. Easiest way is to go to the Setup page and select another Configuration file from the dropdown list. It lists all of the HS3 data backups (that are now in /Data)

Z
                        I understand this. I have 10 .hsd files, I tried HomeSeer_1.hsd and HomeSeer_3.hsd (cycling the program after each change), and neither one brought back my events. Are my events stored in these files?

Jim Speiser
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          You are moving that file from the backup folder to the HS root folder - right?
                          They are not in a backup folder, they are in \data.
                          Do I need to move them somewhere else?

Jim Speiser
                          Still don't know squat

Comment

OK, I'm getting a little confused, guys. Do I
                            • turn off HomeSeer, change the name of an .hsd file, and turn it on again?
                            • Use the Setup page to change the active hsd file?
                            • move something from another directory?

...or do something completely different?

I wish I knew HOW this happened, that might give me a clue. I think I know, but I don't want to be blaming family members.......yet......

Jim Speiser
                            Still don't know squat

Comment

They are not in a backup folder, they are in \data.
                              Do I need to move them somewhere else?
                              You could try opening the HS webpage, going to Tools > Setup, then selecting the most recent .hsd file that you know had your events/config in it. Then restart HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X