Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Real Living Z-Wave Deadbolt Lock By Touchpad Notification Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Real Living Z-Wave Deadbolt Lock By Touchpad Notification Missing?

I'm using the Yale -Wave deadbolt to arm and disarm a security system though HS3. The arming comes when the deadbolt is locked, but the notification code is the same for manually locking from the inside and locking from the outside by touching the touchscreen. Obviously, it's the latter method that makes sense. In fact, setting the alarm from the inside by manually locking is irritating. Does anyone know if there are other notification codes available from this lock, hopefully one that indicates locking from the screen?

Does it have a logging child device in addition to the notification device? The logging device may have different codes to differentiate between the inside and outside. You may need to set up an event to poll the logging device when the notification device changes.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, it does have a logging device and I just tried your suggestion. I poll it when the lock becomes locked and it does report that it was locked by the keypad, so all good. The event looks for that occurrence (exactly how it shows in the log), but it doesn't seem to trigger from that.

UPDATE: Figured it out. Thanks, Sparkman!
      Last edited by chuckk9032; June 26, 2017, 08:26 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
      X