Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Thermostat CT-80

Radio Thermostat CT-80
    I've been looking into this thermostat as it has some features that I may want to use.
    The manual mentions that you can use both a Z-Wave module and a Wi-Fi module. The example they gave was to have the Wi-Fi module get rate and usage information while using the Z-Wave module for control.
    I like that it can control a fresh air baffle and control a humidifier.

Is anyone using the CT-80 with 2 modules? If so, do the 2 modules play together without any issues? For those that are using a CT-80, if you had to buy another thermostat today, would you go with another CT-80 or would you go with a Z-Wave + unit?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Jeff --

Was using a CT-80B (their latest hardware version) with their RTZW-02 Z-Wave Plus radio module and their Wifi module successfully for our old Trane system until the compressor died this summer. Worked great with HS3:

https://radiothermostat.desk.com/cus...ration-manuals

https://radiothermostat.desk.com/cus...le-information

Our replacement AC system was a Daikin and required a custom communicating thermostat so the CT-80B was taken out of service. Gave the WIFI module to a friend who also had a CT-80 but still have the CT-80B and Z-Wave Plus radio module in perfect condition if your interested, send me email (worrall at lakecomm.com).

Joe

Comment

Working...
    X