Lock vs Unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock vs Unlock

I have Schlage BE369 deadbolts installed on both my front and back doors.

If the deadbolt is locked and I enter a code to unlock it, the announcement states "Randy has locked the front/back door".

If the deadbolt is unlocked and I enter a code (knowing there is no logical reason to do so since a code is not required to lock the door), the announcement states "Randy has unlocked the front/back door".

These announcements seem to be the exact reverse of what they should be.

Can this be corrected?

Randy

2.0.73.0: BLLock

That seems odd - Can i get you to turn on debug logging and then do the same thing so I can see what values are getting passed to the plugin
    Attach the BLLock-Detailed.log zipped
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It kind of makes sense, because when you enter the code you haven't changed the lock status, you are only reporting it. Perhaps it should say "Randy has entered a code" then when you turn the deadbolt (before the timeout) it would then say you "Locked the deadbolt", or "Unlocked the deadbolt".

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        That seems odd - Can i get you to turn on debug logging and then do the same thing so I can see what values are getting passed to the plugin
        Attach the BLLock-Detailed.log zipped
        Log file attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
          It kind of makes sense, because when you enter the code you haven't changed the lock status, you are only reporting it. Perhaps it should say "Randy has entered a code" then when you turn the deadbolt (before the timeout) it would then say you "Locked the deadbolt", or "Unlocked the deadbolt".

Stuart
          I think you're evaluating it correctly. When the code is entered, it reports the current status of the lockset. But I wouldn't be entering a code if I wanted the status of the lockset to stay at its current setting.

I suppose one might accept an announcement stating "Randy has engaged the front/back door deadbolt mechanism". Then it wouldn't matter whether the lockset was locked or unlocked.

Comment

It is doing that because the user code is being sent to the plugin before the lock change status - Now how to fix....
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              It is doing that because the user code is being sent to the plugin before the lock change status - Now how to fix....
              You'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

Latest update works perfect! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X