X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Disconnects Every Few Hours

Mark,

I've been running your Insteon plugin for years with only very minor issues over all that time. Recently, shortly after Insteon dumped new firmware load onto my hub, the plugin will not stay connected for more than a few hours at a time. 'Manage Plugins' says I need to restart HS3 (which fixes the issue about 75% of the time, but only for a few hours). About 25% of the time I have to recycle power on the hub AND restart HomeSeer to fix the issue. In addition, I'm also getting on the order of 100MB/day of "Error Report" logs from the plugin with logging set to 'Normal' level. The only lower level of logging is 'None'.

The hub reports the following config:

INSTEON HUB2 Details
    Hub2-V04-20140904
    PLM Version:A3
    Firmware:1013 Build Dec 18 2017 09:43:02
    Insteon ID: xx-xx-xx

The general form of the error that seems to kill the plugin's connection is:

Code:
    Insteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 12/28/2017 6:05:16 PM
    -----------*Error Message*----------------
    Error: Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The request timed out -- Details System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in <50d80b08c1a5449282b22aedf03ce925>:0
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <50d80b08c1a5449282b22aedf03ce925>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream (System.Uri uri, System.Net.ICredentials credentials, System.Net.IWebProxy proxy, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) [0x00027] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream (System.Uri uri, System.Net.ICredentials credentials, System.Net.IWebProxy proxy, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) [0x00022] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn) [0x00032] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString () [0x0004c] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor (System.String uriStr, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context, System.Xml.XmlResolver uriResolver) [0x000c7] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader (System.String inputUri, System.Xml.XmlParserContext inputContext) [0x0003b] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String inputUri, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext inputContext) [0x0000a] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String inputUri, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings) [0x00000] in <f50cc96187a347588497a5f69b603924>:0
      at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetBuffer () [0x00090] in <49c60a66e6bf4117b52caf2667891f5a>:0  -- 12/28/2017 6:05:16 PM
    Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Mark

please shutdown the plugin, add the following to your insteon.ini and restart the plugin

[Hub]
    GetXMLBufferInterval=2000
    the default is 1000 msecs
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Done. I'll monitor and advise.

Thanks for the quick reply!

-M.

Comment

After making the 'GetXMLBufferInterval' change, things have been much better. I've not seen any further plugin disconnects.

Thanks!

-M.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
          After making the 'GetXMLBufferInterval' change, things have been much better. I've not seen any further plugin disconnects.

Thanks!

-M.
          thanks for reporting back. Glad things are working better.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

How to modify insteon.ini file

I am having similar problems with the insteon hub. I have no idea how to go about either finding the insteon.ini file or programing in the changes. Are there instructions somewhere? Do I use the Linux tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Mark View Post
              I am having similar problems with the insteon hub. I have no idea how to go about either finding the insteon.ini file or programing in the changes. Are there instructions somewhere? Do I use the Linux tool?
              if are you using a Linux based homeseer appliance, you may not be able to do this

if you can log into Linux, you can edit the insteon.ini with any Linux text editor
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

insteon.ini changes

I am using the HomeSeer linux-based appiance. With some help from the forum I can now see and read the insteon.ini file. Whether I can modify it and save the modification is another question.

Comment

Beta version

I don't suppose there is a further beta versio of the insteon plug-in for which the 2000 number is the default.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Mark View Post
                    I don't suppose there is a further beta versio of the insteon plug-in for which the 2000 number is the default.
                    i'm considering it based on the number of posts i'm seeing
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i posted 3.0.6.25 in the beta section of the updater. please give this a try.

Look for the following msg in the hs log. I'm curious how frequently it gets logged.

Trouble reading the Hub. Will try again.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        i posted 3.0.6.25 in the beta section of the updater. please give this a try.

Look for the following msg in the hs log. I'm curious how frequently it gets logged.
                        I'm experiencing a similar problem. I has my HS3 Rasp Pi connected to my insteon hub.

Your Device's Firmware 1013
                        Your Device's PLMFW A3
                        Your Device's App Version Hub2-V04-20140904
                        Your Device's Unit Type HUB2

Ive just began setting this up to replace my HS2 on XP. Ive lost inteon connectivity a few times after 4 or so hours. The Plug-in manager shows in yellow text that it can't find the hub. Only seems to come back if I shout down HS3, unplug the hub and restart the HS3/Rpi. The hub seems to run super slow via the iPhone app when its in that state. Is this the same issue and will the beta help that? Help!

I would prefer to get it working via the 2412U but instructions say I need to remove the VCP driver and load an FTCP driver but need to write a script to launch the FTCP on reboot but the instructions don't say how and where to put the script. I wish there was just a 2412C start to finish set of instructions using the cli. I'm assuming there is no gui on the HS3P3 image. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
                          I'm experiencing a similar problem. I has my HS3 Rasp Pi connected to my insteon hub.

Your Device's Firmware 1013
                          Your Device's PLMFW A3
                          Your Device's App Version Hub2-V04-20140904
                          Your Device's Unit Type HUB2

Ive just began setting this up to replace my HS2 on XP. Ive lost inteon connectivity a few times after 4 or so hours. The Plug-in manager shows in yellow text that it can't find the hub. Only seems to come back if I shout down HS3, unplug the hub and restart the HS3/Rpi. The hub seems to run super slow via the iPhone app when its in that state. Is this the same issue and will the beta help that? Help!

I would prefer to get it working via the 2412U but instructions say I need to remove the VCP driver and load an FTCP driver but need to write a script to launch the FTCP on reboot but the instructions don't say how and where to put the script. I wish there was just a 2412C start to finish set of instructions using the cli. I'm assuming there is no gui on the HS3P3 image. Help!
                          are you running the beta version you referenced in your post? 3.0.6.25? if no, please try it.

if so can you post an hs log snippet of the errors or messages you see when the plugin has trouble.

what interface are you referring to when you say 2412U or 2412C?

i don't know anything about the Rasp Pi. you should be able to get help with that in another forum here.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            are you running the beta version you referenced in your post? 3.0.6.25? if no, please try it.

if so can you post an hs log snippet of the errors or messages you see when the plugin has trouble.

what interface are you referring to when you say 2412U or 2412C?

i don't know anything about the Rasp Pi. you should be able to get help with that in another forum here.
                            Sorry I went MIA for a while. Got blindsided with elder care issues for my folks.
                            I have not tried the 3.0.6.25 beta. Has the 2412U detection been added to the beta? Trying to figure out how to install the beta now... Is there a way to get the plugin or manage plugin page to let me select the beta plugin?

The only error I get is yellow writing in the License box on the manager screen saying some to the effect the hub was not available and none of the insteon devices respond. It seemed to happen when I try something that generates a lot of activity such as a tap add device so I have been keying each one in. I have to restart the plugin to get it to say the connectio

Its the 2412U I'm using but there are no instructions on how to make it work. Is the plugin supposed to just detect it?

A couple of weeks back something went wrong and I lost the hub IP address settings in the plugins config field. It was blank. I also lost all the 45 or so insteon devices I had keyed in. I've rekeyed a few back in and now I see down on the lower half of the plugin config screen listing all the devices I lost by the name I keyed them in with. Not sure why this happened. Are the devices supposed to be saved with the system back up?

When I try to backup I get the following error "404 Bad Request: /HomeSeerBackup_4_14_2018-22_27.zip". So I'm reluctant to put all that work into re entering all the devices until I can make a backup.

I'm still using my HS2 XP system until I can get this HS3 system to be dependable.

When you say go to another forum to get HS3/Rpi3 support, for what problem is that for? The 2412U support? Isn't that in your plugin?

Please advise.
                            Thanks
                            Last edited by ve3bwp; April 14, 2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

if you lost your devices, you need to restore a working config\insteon.ini and data\homeseer.hsd from the same backup. this will correctly restore all your devices.

the plugin works with the 2412u but you have to tell the plugin what com port its on. The plugin does not auto detect the interface.

you were previously asking me how to configure the Rasp Pi to get a virtual com port to work (in order to use the 2412u). i can't help there. I'm not familiar with that hardware or the OS its running.

open the HS Updater and scroll down to the Beta section to find my beta insteon plugin.

sorry to hear about your folks.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X