Standard transition time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard transition time

I am loving this plug-in and the Hue lights, but I have a question. I would like a slow transition when changing levels or turning lights off or on. I am using events to control the HS level device for the light or the group, I am not using JowiHue actions, because I am setting the level to a virtual device. I would like it to take 4 seconds to reach full brightness when the light is set to on from off.

It seems like the settings under configuration "Standard transition time that will set for dim, on and off actions" have no effect. I have tried from 5-100 and the lights seem to take about a second to transition from off to on no matter the setting. If I set the transition time in a JowiHue action it works as expected, however I cannot set the level to a virtual device using the plug-in action. I can set it from instant (.1 second) to 10 seconds successfully. We change lighting levels based upon time of day or night and outside light levels, requiring the level being set to that of a virtual device instead of hard coded into the event.

What am I missing?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Randy,

Welcome aboard

I have not check on the device changes for some time in combination with standard transition times. My focus has been more on the actions indeed.
    Will test this later in the beta version here and if I find something, let you know. It should then be solved in the next beta.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you.

Not to be picking nits... Another thing I noticed is that "On" for all of the devices and groups is really "On Last Level". If I set a device to "On" (value 255) it is really turned On to the last level. A true "On" would be a value of 254. I have modified all of my events and virtual devices accordingly.

It might be more accurate to change the devices to:
      • Off = 0
      • Dim = 1-253
      • On = 254
      • On last level = 255
      Just my $0.02

Comment

Randy,

I found the issue where I missed using the correct default transition times. To be clear where it will have effect or no effects when controlling through the devices, so you can set the events correct:

If you use the On function, transition time will have no effect, the bridge/gateway restores the last known dim value immediatly. Same for the off function.
        If you use the dim function (slider) transitions will be honored (you can use the dim function without the device being on yet). this is the finest way to switch the light on slowly.
        For Hue, Sat and CT devices the transitions work most smooth if the light is already on. If it is off, the lights will first be restored to last known status without the transition(bridge/gateway functions) and then start the transition to the correct color values.

It is in the new beta. I need to do some other changes too before I can release it, but am hoping it will be somewhere this week.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Randy,

I found the issue where I missed using the correct default transition times. To be clear where it will have effect or no effects when controlling through the devices, so you can set the events correct:

If you use the On function, transition time will have no effect, the bridge/gateway restores the last known dim value immediatly. Same for the off function.
          If you use the dim function (slider) transitions will be honored (you can use the dim function without the device being on yet). this is the finest way to switch the light on slowly.
          For Hue, Sat and CT devices the transitions work most smooth if the light is already on. If it is off, the lights will first be restored to last known status without the transition(bridge/gateway functions) and then start the transition to the correct color values.

It is in the new beta. I need to do some other changes too before I can release it, but am hoping it will be somewhere this week.

Thanks,

Wim
          Thank you.

When you write "you can use the dim function without the device being on yet".

I have not been able to set a dim level on a group or a light without the light turning on. If I set the dim slider to 150 manually or from an event on a group, the lights all go to 150.
          Same with individual lights. Am I missing something else?

Comment

Randy,

No, I ment to say that you do not have to use the On command before the dim command. The light will go on with the dim command.

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Randy,

No, I ment to say that you do not have to use the On command before the dim command. The light will go on with the dim command.

Wim
              Got it. Thanks for the third time today.

FWIW I now have about 8 HUE lights and they have been working perfectly. I also replaced my Fibaro Z-Wave RGBW controller with a Dresden FLS-PP ballast. This is for strip lighting on the bottom of our basement stairs grabrail. The HUE hub picked it up immediately and it works great. It is odd because it sets up an RGB and a white device, but it still works well. If these weren't so expensive I would like to replace 4 more Fibaro devices. The Zigby control is quicker and more predictable than the Z-Wave device.

We have a curio cabinet in the living room that will get HUE strips, only because their strips have RGB, warm white and cool white LEDs and the color matches the HUE bulbs very closely.

Comment

Can a transition time of 10 minutes be set? I would like a hue light to come on in the morning and transition from 0-80% in 10 minutes. How would I do this?

Comment

I am also trying to understand this above. Because if I want the light to come on in the morning and transition from 0-80% in 10 minutes, I don's want it coming on first using the last brightness. How do I get it to start from zero?

Comment

Working...
                  X