X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-in is moving to a licensed plug-in

All,

I have been working on this plugin now for about 10 months adding support for new devices and new functionality and providing end-user support via the forum. I hope that you have found my support helpful and timely.

To that end, I have decided to take ownership of the plugin code from HST and market this plugin as my own. The small revenue stream from the license fees will help me purchase the most popular devices that are currently not supported in addition to the costs of maintaining a development environment.

All existing versions and builds will continue to work as they do today but i will not be releasing any more free releases.

My next release v1.5 will require a license after the standard 30 day trial.

For v1.5, I have been focusing on the following:
    - better performance through multi-threading
    - support for non-lighting devices like the IO Linc and the GarageHawk
    - support for new Insteon controllers and devices from Smarthome

Comments welcome.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark,
    Your work and support on this has been outstanding. I can't wait for an opportunity to give back to you by purchasing a license.

Thanks
    Have you determined the price point yet?
    John

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

I'm amazed you didn't do this way before now. I personally feel you have been more than fair with this and hope you can make enough to take the "better" half out for dinner once in a while.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I don't use Insteon but I read the forums and your support has been exemplary from what I can see. Wanna take over the UPB plug-in too?
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Cost

Somebody is got to ask.. Any idea what the costs of this license fee will be ,, is this a one time fee , a yearly fee , or will there be a upgrade fee when version 2 comes out ???
            Kinda funny,, I was thinking about asking you how the "multi-threading" progress was making out.. It appears that it is coming along fine ?? Does it improve performance that much ?

Comment

I agree with everyone, you have been giving great support and great plugin.

Thanks.

Comment

Although I no longer use Insteon (switched over to z-wave), Mark's support has been 1st rate. I did some testing for him with the Motion Sensors and KPL's, his knowledge and patience was amazing.

Now if only SmartLabs was this thorough!
                Bryan
                Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Great plugin & support Mark!
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Sounds great to me. Small price to pay in order to keep this updated. SM is actually rolling out devices left and right. It only took, uh 5 years? Well it is starting to get there. Thanks for picking this up Mark and I can't wait to send you a check....

Comment

As you can see from the 100% positive feed back, you've earned the respect of Insteon users hands down. Quite an accomplishment in 10 months. I can remember the panic when your predecessor jumped ship and HS went "silent" on its intentions regarding Insteon support. And then you came along. Great turn around!

As for the licensing fee, yeah, we all like freeby stuff. But I'll be sending money; because it's a show of appreciation for your efforts so far; but also because it makes sense to financially contribute to ensuring continued official support for something that I depend on every day.

P.S. Hope you'll set yourself up with Paypal.

Comment

Details

Still waiting for details about the licensing fee ???

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                          Still waiting for details about the licensing fee ???
                          Is anybody out there ????

Comment

Hey All,

I'm going to price the plugin at $49.95 and sell it through Homeseer's website. Currently there is no plan for an annual fee but as new devices are released in the future I may have to revisit this.

I should have v1.5 out in a few weeks. Some things to look forward to...

New Features since V1.4.2
                            - Insteon Event Action to send custom insteon msgs to your network
                            - Extra settings for V2 Motion Sensors (light level, battery level, etc)
                            - Poll the input sensor on a I/O Linc when in Momentary Mode
                            - Sync linked responder devices to help maintain status page
                            - Supports new ICON devices with latest firmware 39+
                            - Support for the GarageHawk garage door monitor
                            - Support for future Smarthome controllers

Improvements
                            - Faster processing of inbound and outbound insteon messages using multi-threading

Fixes
                            - Supports foreign characters in device names
                            - Registering a 8 key Keypadlinc link
                            - Deleting links from groups
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Count me in!
                              I have had the priveldge of working with Mark on a bunch of Insteon issues, all of which he has solved with energy, kindness, timeliness and responsiveness that should give anyone on the fence good reason to feel they will have support if they choose to use Insteon with HS. For the price of a switch, the plug in is a no brainer. Thank you Mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X