LED Indication Toggle for SA UPB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Indication Toggle for SA UPB

I found a nice way to make the indicator light blink for my SA UPB switches. This would probably also work for anything that is UPB, but I only have SA.

Basically, I make a new link that is DIM for the longest period allowed by the UPB switches (I think 1 hour?). You might need one for if the switch is ON, one for when the switch is OFF. I can not remember exactly how I did it, but if there is interest, I'll get the actual CODE from my script and post it for consumption.

Anyway:

Code:
    If the switch is ON then
       activate DIM link
       set switch to ON
    else
       activate BRIGHTEN link
       set switch to OFF
    end if
    Since the switches can not DIM the LED on/off, it assumes the FINAL state of the switch's dim cycle (anything but off gets the LED ON).

So, you end up tying up the UPB network for 1-2 seconds, but in doing this, you can toggle the LED without changing the state of the light bulb. It might put a little power through the bulb, so this only really works with dimable light bulbs. I personally have only tested this with Incandescent bulbs, but it works for me!

WAF was pretty good, since we like to set the outside lights to turn off after 10 minutes. We do this when guests come over.

We can see them out the door, and set that event. We do this using a "slow double tap". It is really nice seeing that the event took. I have posted the slow double tap function somewhere on the forum. I had been working on a triple tap, but never did finish it.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Thank you for your suggestions and script Dan!

I've almost switched entirely over now to multi toggle UPB switches (2,3,4 & 6) with many links; removed all two switch double gang box replacing them with one switch.

Easier as the mudplates are metal and the fit was way too tight for two switches. I tried to trim the metal mudplates and had no luck.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

code

Do you have the code for this.

Comment

jpitts,

That is the code.

You setup your switch to have a DIM/Brighten capability that takes HOURS to perform. Then you just set the DIM/ON or BRIGHT/OFF as commands one after the other. At that point, the LAG of the UPB network causes a nice TOGGLING of the LED on the switch.

Did you need more help setting this up?

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
        X