ZMC v4 - Whole house audio for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
    Perhaps a more useful situation is when a timed event is about to be executed and you might want to delay/cancel that event. Ie: you walk in to a room, lights auto on, when it's about to time out then it asks if you want to extend the duration or change the room's status to occupied, to turn off the timer.
    Pir trigger - light goes on - remove delayed event to turn light off if its there - event set to turn off light in 10 min. - pir triggers again - remove event ect...
    Works fine

Another thing... Wouldn't it be cool if the system can identify audio cues/signatures to trigger an event?
    Ie: system hears sound of foot steps coming closer, turn room occupancy on. If it fades out (or does not hear any sound after a door is closed, then room can be flagged as empty, etc)
    Oooooei
    If you want to go that way you are looking for sleepless nights and more.

I am experimenting with a cheap WiFi IP webcam and ContaCam plus my own very simple script to detect movement in certain zones in a large room and it work great. The detection angle is far wider then a PIR sensor and the range is better too. The processor load due this on my cheap Atom CPU at 1,49 GHz in my HS2 machine is 8%
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
      Pir trigger - light goes on - remove delayed event to turn light off if its there - event set to turn off light in 10 min. - pir triggers again - remove event ect...
      Works fine
      You'll see, i'll find good use for this

I am experimenting with a cheap WiFi IP webcam and ContaCam plus my own very simple script to detect movement in certain zones in a large room and it work great. The detection angle is far wider then a PIR sensor and the range is better too. The processor load due this on my cheap Atom CPU at 1,49 GHz in my HS2 machine is 8%
      That sounds good. How's the accuracy? And what codec/resolution/refresh results in 8% cpu usage on an Atom?
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

That sounds good. How's the accuracy? And what codec/resolution/refresh results in 8% cpu usage on an Atom?
        No need for a codex, then resolution depends on the camera and since it is just a cheap PTZ IP cam it is just 640x480, the refresh rate is 50 or 60 Hz.
        It's just as accurate as a PIR motion sensor but i can just select different parts of the image and give each part it's own sensitivity
        - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

JUST FYI LAN to Serial tested and works

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I got this and have tested it and works very well.

http://www.usconverters.com/rs232-ethernet-converter

I am currently working to moving to a Hyper-V host to run my homeseer server as a VM machine. which means no physical connections I have to get everything on the network. still in my hardware testing phase.

I still have along way to go with the audio setup as well. but getting there

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
            Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I got this and have tested it and works very well.

http://www.usconverters.com/rs232-ethernet-converter

I am currently working to moving to a Hyper-V host to run my homeseer server as a VM machine. which means no physical connections I have to get everything on the network. still in my hardware testing phase.

I still have along way to go with the audio setup as well. but getting there
            Thx for letting us know.
            I get this question asked quiet often.
            - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

The script i mentioned is for controlling your audio by VR (finished conversion) and making a baby phone or intercom setup (in progress)

On the bright side the VR control is already there in the ZMC script you have. I shall try to explain what the process is.

A lot of words but i hope it will be clear.

If the attention phrase is heard you need to know in with room that was. You can get that information from the XAP and see which gate is active. The gate that becomes active will signal a pin on the db25 connector on the back and can be read with a arduino for example. A more simple solution it to use ZMC itself since the psr file for the XAP800 is setup in such way that the gate ID will be send up to the com port into the ZMC script. The last way to do this is how i am using this it to use a different attention phrase for each room like 'Attention Willy in the kitchen" and the VR software takes care of the ID base on the attention phrase heard. (Yes you can use different VR software instead of the speakerclient as long as it can run a script)

Why i tell you this in such detail. Well, the room ID is what you need to put into the VR status device as value. When a HS device get a value higher then 0 then it's considered ON. And when this device goes to the state ON or let it trigger when the value is not zero then let the device trigger an event that call the VRStart function in the ZMC script

VRStart will take the value of the device and with it it can setup everything to do VR in that room and mute every other mic so you have minimum noise from other mic(s).

After you end the VR session just put the VR status device OFF or give it a value of 0 and let it trigger VREnd and everything will be set back to its previous state.
              Thanks for your response, been working away myself for a few days so no chance to play or respond.

I have a DB25 connector connected to the XAP800 with a connection between pin 1 & 17 and in the logs I now sometimes see info listed below about gates(I only have one microphone connected at the moment). So if I understand this correctly your script will receive this info and automatically update the VR status device value.
              What I need to do is create a script/event that runs VRStart, something like the image below? And another to run VREnd which the VR has finished?

Oct-10 22:20:17 AZ_ZMC v4.0.4 ZMC Gate pushed : 1
              Oct-10 22:20:17 AZ_ZMC v4.0.4 unitType : 5 and deviceID : 0
              Oct-10 22:20:17 AZ_ZMC v4.0.4 THIS IS THE DATA COMMING FROM UNIT : OK> ZMC1 #50 STRING 1

Sorry for all the questions, I'm going to be away again for a few days from tomorrow so will take another look when I get back :-)

Thanks again
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                Thanks for your response, been working away myself for a few days so no chance to play or respond.

I have a DB25 connector connected to the XAP800 with a connection between pin 1 & 17 and in the logs I now sometimes see info listed below about gates(I only have one microphone connected at the moment). So if I understand this correctly your script will receive this info and automatically update the VR status device value.

Oct-10 22:20:17 AZ_ZMC v4.0.4 ZMC Gate pushed : 1
                Oct-10 22:20:17 AZ_ZMC v4.0.4 unitType : 5 and deviceID : 0
                Oct-10 22:20:17 AZ_ZMC v4.0.4 THIS IS THE DATA COMMING FROM UNIT : OK> ZMC1 #50 STRING 1
                I had to look at the script before i could answer this because it was quite some time ago that i use that setup. But indeed then script handles this if it sees data coming it. The keyword it look for is STRING and the number behind it is the gate ID that will be used. Your logfile should tell you : ZMC Gate pushed : 1 in your case this is oke.
                A value coming into the script like this is stored in the variable LastGateInfo

There is some quirky script handling in this case.
                Your VR status device has no value at this time and if you call VRStart then the script do this.
                GateID is the value of VR Status which is still zero
                If GateID is zero than take the value of LastGateInfo
                If GateID is not zero now then use it otherwise reject the call

So when using the DB25 connector then there will be no value be written in the VR status device. But if one is there that will be used!!

What I need to do is create a script/event that runs VRStart, something like the image below? And another to run VREnd which the VR has finished?
                Yes that is the way to go and i think it should work.
                Thanks for showing that image.
                - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Yes that is the way to go and i think it should work.
                  Thanks for showing that image.
                  I tried using the event that I created in my previous post but it only gets triggered once it has heard a known command, so I have to say the attention phrase and then a command before it will trigger my event to run VRStart. Obviously I want the trigger to activate as soon as the attention phrase is heard.
                  I cannot see any trigger for a event that will run a script once the ignore phrase is heard.

Can you think of any other way of triggering the VRStart and VREnd with the standard speaker client?

What is the third party VR that you use?

Regards
                  Simon

Comment

I tried using the event that I created in my previous post but it only gets triggered once it has heard a known command, so I have to say the attention phrase and then a command before it will trigger my event to run VRStart. Obviously I want the trigger to activate as soon as the attention phrase is heard.
                    I cannot see any trigger for a event that will run a script once the ignore phrase is heard.

Can you think of any other way of triggering the VRStart and VREnd with the standard speaker client?

Regards
                    Simon
                    No 3th party VR software here. I use 1th party VR software. I wrote my own VR client.

I heard of someone that is using Dragon natural speaking. Haven't heard about it anymore so no idea how good it work.

Any 3th party software that can run a script will do. Things that come to mind (but no experience with) is Siri or MS Cortona with or without IFTTT.

Is HS3 capable of triggering on something it recognize in the HS log? Otherwise you could put an event on that.
                    - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I think UltraJones HS3Log plugin has event triggers. Not 100% sure but you can trial for free as u know.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

okay so what do I need to do to get this where when the speaker talks it will set the device to broadcast it to all and so on?

Comment

Regards
                          Simon
                          I do not know anything that does not require you to say something before the command. I have been testing the kinects. the hardware works awesome.... if they only had a plugin that actually functioned... I almost want to take a look at the dev on it myself... cause they really are a good idea... right now my plugin has failed since the last update...

Comment

I just did a quick search on the forum for Ultrajones and event to get this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ight=log+event

According to the info there it must be possible to trigger VRStart when the speakerclient log something in the log when it answer the attention phrase.

You will not heard that response from the speakerclient since the XAP isn't switched yet however that is no problem because when the XAP is switched for VR the text in ATTENTIONHEARD (a setting at the top of the script) will be spoken and that is what you want.

VREnd will not be a problem because VR already has the focus.
                            - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I had managed to install a piece of software called Voicebot which can run scripts when certain voice commands heard. For example sending the command below would trigger a Device On and then a event was triggered on this and ran VRStart.

http://192.168.0.100/JSON?request=co...f=10&value=100

But have since tried the UltraJones plugin and was really surprised how quick it works, as now the speaker in the kitchen is switched on so quickly that I even hear the Attention Acknowledgement Phrase from the speaker client most of the time.

The only problem I'm having with both options above is that it seems to think it's heard the Attention Phrase quite often, I have done some initial voice training. Hopefully I'll get some more time to play with it this week.

Comment

Thanks for this feedback. I really appreciatie it.

With 'it's heard the Attention Phrase quite often' do you mean that VR is triggered often?

If that's the case you can try to
                                - Lower mic sensitivity
                                - Choose a different attention phrase
                                - Use a longer attention phrase
                                - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                                X