This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
    Steve, can you give me a list of all the plugins you have installed?
    Enabled:
    AC-RF2 1.1.3226.27426
    ACT TI103 2.0.0.5
    BeakerStat 1.3.12290.1235
    HomeSeer Log Monitor 1.0.2938.33056
    HSTouch Android 1.0.0.2
    HSTouch Server 1.0.0.60
    HSTouch Server Unlimited 1.0.0.1
    Misc Plug-In 1.0.3.35664
    VWS Interface 1.0.0.1

Disabled:
    Current Cost 1.0.0.57
    Current Cost (3P) 0.1.2.4
    HSTouch iPhone 1.0.0.2
    weatherXML 1.0.15.14908
    X10 CM11A/CM12U 2.2.0.4
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
      so I was just going to disable the plugin and re-enable it to get it to initialize properly with my CT-80 (I've done this before) and HSPro displayed these messages in the log:
      Code:
      11/29/2012 10:34:31 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Shutting down generic Plug-In: BeakerStat
      11/29/2012 10:34:32 AM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server stopped
      11/29/2012 10:34:32 AM ~!~Warning~!~Error sending UPNP announcement: Thread was being aborted.
      and then BeakerStat crashed HSPro with the same kind of error as first reported.
      The last two log messages didn't come from BeakerStat; those appear to be HomeSeer messages, likely as a result of it shutting down. I'm not denying that BeakerStat could have caused HS to go down, but aside from the fact that it went down after you shut down BeakerStat is there anything else that led you to this conclusion?

A verbose debug log will be really important in figuring out what is going on here.
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

The last two log messages didn't come from BeakerStat; those appear to be HomeSeer messages, likely as a result of it shutting down. I'm not denying that BeakerStat could have caused HS to go down, but aside from the fact that it went down after you shut down BeakerStat is there anything else that led you to this conclusion?
        ... because I got a screen on the console just like the ones I posted in post #1 and #2 of this same thread that said "at HSPI_BEAKERSTAT.HSPI.PollThread()".

I'm sorry I don't have all that screen from this latest crash; it also triggered an auto-report for HomeSeer and I submitted it. I was then supposed to get a copy of that in my email and haven't yet, maybe they aren't all back online from their moving; I didn't get it saved before HomeSeer exited on me.

And it would help to be able to send you the verbose log if I can remember to save it off before I initialize BeakerStat (or if BeakerStat really transferred to the ".1" file like it says it did.) I will try to save it off the next time I have to reinitialize BeakerStat.

Thanks
        Steve

Comment

I just posted build 1.3.12335.752 here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156375

Steve, try this build out and see if it addresses your issue. I fixed the log rotation bug and also a bug where the polling thread was not being shut down properly, which was most likely causing your crash.
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I just posted build 1.3.12335.752 here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156375

Steve, try this build out and see if it addresses your issue. I fixed the log rotation bug and also a bug where the polling thread was not being shut down properly, which was most likely causing your crash.
            Downloaded and installed. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
            Steve

Comment

Update

Downloaded and installed. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
              Just a quick post to let you know everything is quiet. The log file transfer appears to be happening correctly.
              Steve

Comment

Still working strong

Just dropping by to let you know that I have not had any problems with BeakerStat since I loaded version 1.3.12335.752. I am testing some stuff for Rich and have been restarting the PC and HomeSeer a lot and BeakerStat has behaved properly. I think you found the problem.

Thanks
                Steve

Comment

Just dropping by to let you know that I have not had any problems with BeakerStat since I loaded version 1.3.12335.752. I am testing some stuff for Rich and have been restarting the PC and HomeSeer a lot and BeakerStat has behaved properly. I think you found the problem.

Thanks
                  Steve, thanks for the follow up. Great to hear.

Comment

Thanks
                    And running on HSPro 2.5.0.68 and HSTouch Server 1.0.0.66.
                    Steve

Comment

just dropping by to let you know that i have not had any problems with beakerstat since i loaded version 1.3.12335.752. I am testing some stuff for rich and have been restarting the pc and homeseer a lot and beakerstat has behaved properly. I think you found the problem.

Thanks
                      +1
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Still crashing

I downloaded the latest release a week or two ago and tried re-enabling the plugin. Running 1.3.12290.1235. It ran OK for the last week but just crashed homeseer again - error was something about an access violation on debug.txt.

I am not sure if this speaks to some sort of fragility of the Homeseer plugin architecture itself, or the need for better error handling in this particular plugin. But a theormostat driver should not be repeatedly taking down the whole system IMO. I am a programmer myself and one of the things that I know is important is proper exception handling. I run a few other plugins and my system has run for 5 or so years without crashing at all, except for the times that this plugin has crashed.

This is a useful plugin when it works, but it looks like unfortunately I will have to disable it for a while, hopefully eventually these issues get worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy70_99 View Post
                          I downloaded the latest release a week or two ago and tried re-enabling the plugin. Running 1.3.12290.1235. It ran OK for the last week but just crashed homeseer again - error was something about an access violation on debug.txt.

I am not sure if this speaks to some sort of fragility of the Homeseer plugin architecture itself, or the need for better error handling in this particular plugin. But a theormostat driver should not be repeatedly taking down the whole system IMO. I am a programmer myself and one of the things that I know is important is proper exception handling. I run a few other plugins and my system has run for 5 or so years without crashing at all, except for the times that this plugin has crashed.

This is a useful plugin when it works, but it looks like unfortunately I will have to disable it for a while, hopefully eventually these issues get worked out.
                          JohnBoy, if you could tell me a little about what's going on I can probably help. This is the first I've heard of you having a problem. Yes, since HS plugins run in the same process as HomeSeer it is possible for a plugin to crash HomeSeer. There also have been known bugs in HomeSeer that cause issues. What your issue is remains to be seen, but the procedure for getting help is documented in the help file., and you can also post here for unofficial support.

Comment

Working...
                          X