help with zone type "Unknown" and other issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with zone type "Unknown" and other issues

I'm just trying to get this working but i'm stuck. The plugin discovered all the zones and zone names correctly but none of the types and also the partition numbers for some of the zones are wrong.
    When i add devices for the zones they also don't show faulted even when they should.
    I'm using HomeSeer 2.0 and jvCaddx Version 1.3.45.140
    Anyone run into this before?

Any suggestions or other info i can provide that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Eric

Can you tell me...

Can you tell me the panel model number. Also are you zone types custom? Meaning did you change any of the defaults ofthe zone types?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Its an NX-8e and i don't believe i customized any of the zone types but i'm not sure. Is there a way for me to tell? Also i have a lot of zones, 60 to be exact, could that be the problem?

I have logging turned on if you want those.

Thanks for the quick response.

Eric

Comment

The number of zones shouldn't affect it all.

When you look at the HS device status there should the device type displayed. If it "unknown" it gives a numeric value. What is that numeric value?
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Also, Are you sure you are using HS Version 2.0 and not 2.2?
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

you are quite correct its actually 2.2.0.66 now that i look at the about screen

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
              The number of zones shouldn't affect it all.

When you look at the HS device status there should the device type displayed. If it "unknown" it gives a numeric value. What is that numeric value?
              Any update on this?
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Sorry i miss that one. I'll look tonight.

Thanks for your prompt support!

Comment

Sorry i didn't get back sooner, i forgot that we were having my office painted and the computers had to be moved. Anyway.

I look through a bunch of the zones that were unknown and these are the 4 zone type #s i saw.

00AAAA

Thanks,
                  Eric

Comment

The device type should not affect the functionality of the plugin but it is curious that the device type seems to be non-default. You can update these custom types with a description of your own in the HS status page if you want the "unkown" to go away. If I get a chance in the next week or so, I will take a look at the device types you posted and see if I can figure out what is different from the normal device types.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

does the type unknown explain why i'm not seeing zones trip?

Thanks,
                      Eric

Comment

No. The zones should trip regardless of the zone type. Something else might be going on. Just to be sure, when you went through the jvCaddx setup, you did receive the "Excellent News! You have completed the setup!" message? You can check by going to the config page and it should show up again.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                        X