W2C or W2C lite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W2C or W2C lite?

I am going to be installing HS in the private school my boys attend. The initial purpose is to be able to use HSPhone with the phone system. The phone system is a Panasonic KD1232 pbx system I installed last year. We want to be able to setup HSPhone w/ a w2c or w2c lite as one of the extensions, and use HSPhone software in order to utilize the phone system as a sort of bell system for the classrooms.

For instance, there would be events set up to have HSPhone dial ext *** (various paging groups) to page over all the extensions. HS would then play a .wav file (tone) and hang up. This would be set on a normal schedule. We would also have events set up to change from a normal schedule to a 2hr early release, late start, assembly, etc.

So, the main question is whether or not the W2c lite will allow for dialing an extension on the pbx and playing a wav file.

I'd also be interested in eventually using HSPhone as an auto-attendant which can allow a caller to press certain numbers for extensions, voicemail boxes, recorded messages (ie, late start info) and so on.

Thanks,

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Hey Ian,

How did this project go? Did I work?
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

We ended up using a w2c that I purchased from ebay. It's working pretty well. We use HS scripts & events to dial a certain extension (for paging subgroups) then play a certain mp3 tone. It's working quite well - in fact, I'll be headed out there today to punch down a few more extensions we're adding!

Thanks,

Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

That is exactly the way I do announcements here at home. I use the sip connector to dial paging groups on the phones scattered around the house and it works great. This way I dont have to contend with volume controls being turned down, or audio devices being turned off etc etc...the phones are always on.

This also gives me extreme flexibility in where announcements go. If I want a group just for the living room and kitchen, I make a paging group. If I want one for just the kids rooms, I make that one...

Comment

Originally posted by someguysname View Post
          That is exactly the way I do announcements here at home. I use the sip connector to dial paging groups on the phones scattered around the house and it works great. This way I dont have to contend with volume controls being turned down, or audio devices being turned off etc etc...the phones are always on.

This also gives me extreme flexibility in where announcements go. If I want a group just for the living room and kitchen, I make a paging group. If I want one for just the kids rooms, I make that one...
          But how do you control the "paging" of the phones? Do they have speakerphones? Are you running a special phone "system"?

Also, are you guys using only the USB version or are any of you using the RS232 version?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Sorry, I just noticed that this thread was posted in the Way2Call forum (thats what I get for always using the new posts button) so it's a little OT but I will give a quick run down.

The phones are all 2 line speakerphones with the second extension set to auto answer (the added benefit here is that now I have an intercom system that can call from anywhere to anywhere). I am using the open source Asterisk as my voip server so it handles all the paging groups, phone registrations, etc. I am using Stipus' Sip Connector which makes my homeseer box just another extension on my phone system. I've written a script that I pass a few variables to (the extension of the paging group, the music zone/zones to mute, and the text to be spoken) and it mutes the music in those zones, dials the appropriate "extension" for the paging group, speaks the text, then unmutes the music zones and hangs up.

Comment

Wow!

Very cool!

So your speakerphones are SIP phones then?

Originally posted by someguysname View Post
              Sorry, I just noticed that this thread was posted in the Way2Call forum (thats what I get for always using the new posts button) so it's a little OT but I will give a quick run down.

The phones are all 2 line speakerphones with the second extension set to auto answer (the added benefit here is that now I have an intercom system that can call from anywhere to anywhere). I am using the open source Asterisk as my voip server so it handles all the paging groups, phone registrations, etc. I am using Stipus' Sip Connector which makes my homeseer box just another extension on my phone system. I've written a script that I pass a few variables to (the extension of the paging group, the music zone/zones to mute, and the text to be spoken) and it mutes the music in those zones, dials the appropriate "extension" for the paging group, speaks the text, then unmutes the music zones and hangs up.

Comment

Working...
              X