Yamaha RX-V Series AV Receivers Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
    Hmm, ok, I store the IP number in windows registry. Might there be some reason you are not allowed to write to it?

There is suppoused to be a way to store parameters in HS instead. Havent looked into it.
    I wonder if it is because I am running HS as a service.

Comment

Im not sure what "running HS as a service" really means, but it sure sounds like it could be causing something.

You will have to live with it for now, Ill see if I can change the position of the IP number later on so that it is stored in HS.

Comment

Im not sure what "running HS as a service" really means, but it sure sounds like it could be causing something.

You will have to live with it for now, Ill see if I can change the position of the IP number later on so that it is stored in HS.
        When the PC (which is, in my case, a server running Server2012R2) starts up Homeseer is started automatically without anybody logging on to the computer. It is very handy if the PC restarts itself and I am not around to login and start HS.

Comment

Here is a new version. This one defaults to 192.168.1.80 if you havent set the IP. Earlier it defaulted to ip number "No IP Set".

This version also tries to reconnect if connection is lost.
          There is a live check with debug information in the debug window.

Power and Mute now has feedback to homeseer. So if you change the state on the amplifier, it will update HS.

Next is to update all devices with feedback.

Tell me if you have any problems.
          Attached Files

Comment

Agwan,
            Just wanted to say thanks for developing this plugin and making it available and post what I have done for my situation in hopes it will aid someone else.

I have a different model Yamaha receiver than the RX-A3000 (RX-V477 in fact), if you recall from a previous post my inputs did not lineup to what the 3000 uses making that particular part not very functional for me. all other parts worked just fine such as volume, mute on/off. I was able to take what you have accomplished and bundle it with this new HS plugin Eventghost by kingfetty and get the inputs working correctly for my particular model. Eventghost has what appears to be a fairly all inclusive plugin for the yamaha receiver line. I then bundled it all together with Jon00's grouping plugin and I have a nice fully functional solution to control my receiver.

Thanks again.
            Ken
            Attached Files

Comment

Got it working now, the way I send strings. So the replys are working.

The IP number is stored in registry now. Port is fixed 50000, does anyone ever change that?

Implemented:
              All inputs
              Mute
              Power
              Party mode
              Party mute
              Vol up/down 0.5, 1, 2, 5 dB

Next:
              Automatic readback
              Volume scroll bar
              I downloaded your plug-in and enabled it. Works as advertised but caused what I am sure is an unintentional consequence which has caused me to disable it. I also run the Arduino Plug in. I started getting an error message every 10 seconds in my log that stated:

Oct-30 9:15:08 AM
              Error
              Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I was advised by the developer of the Arduino plugin to send him a debug log. I captured one and looked it over myself and could find no cause for this error message. He also asked what I may have recently installed and the only program I installed was your plugin. I disabled your plugin and the error messages stopped. I re-enabled your plugin and they started to appear again. I disabled your plugin again and the error messages stopped.

There must be some conflict between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
                I downloaded your plug-in and enabled it. Works as advertised but caused what I am sure is an unintentional consequence which has caused me to disable it. I also run the Arduino Plug in. I started getting an error message every 10 seconds in my log that stated:

Oct-30 9:15:08 AM
                Error
                Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I was advised by the developer of the Arduino plugin to send him a debug log. I captured one and looked it over myself and could find no cause for this error message. He also asked what I may have recently installed and the only program I installed was your plugin. I disabled your plugin and the error messages stopped. I re-enabled your plugin and they started to appear again. I disabled your plugin again and the error messages stopped.

There must be some conflict between the two.
                Can you send me your log and I will see if I can fix this at my end as I also would like to know what is causing this.

Greig
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Wondering if we have based our plugins on the same demo plugin. I have some issue with my heat pump plugin aswell, it sais there is alreayd another plugin installed with the same name, but the names arent even close. Tell me what you can find and I will update my plugin if needed.

Here is a new version of the plugin aswell. Volume feedback, input feedback.

Next
                  * Check if I can make the ethernet reads asynchronus. As they are now I have to pull the ethernet data. This causes that messages might be missed if they are transmitted in fast pase from the amplifier as they are at power on. Also the updates might be faster with asynchronus. I would like to se 100ms or so from push of button on the amplifier to update in HS.

* Control over more devices like zones.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wondering if we have based our plugins on the same demo plugin. I have some issue with my heat pump plugin aswell, it sais there is alreayd another plugin installed with the same name, but the names arent even close. Tell me what you can find and I will update my plugin if needed.

Here is a new version of the plugin aswell. Volume feedback, input feedback.

Next
                    * Check if I can make the ethernet reads asynchronus. As they are now I have to pull the ethernet data. This causes that messages might be missed if they are transmitted in fast pase from the amplifier as they are at power on. Also the updates might be faster with asynchronus. I would like to se 100ms or so from push of button on the amplifier to update in HS.

* Control over more devices like zones.
                    This is continue to develop well - thank you.
                    I just put the latest one on, added the IP and restarted HS - seems to have remembered the IP :-)

I would love to see scenes as an option. I use them when setting the amp for a different device.

Comment

Im keeping up the work on the plugin. I want to parameterize the virtual devices so that they can load from an XML-file. That way anyone can select what devices to have active and what amplifier it should be able to talk to.

Comment

Im keeping up the work on the plugin. I want to parameterize the virtual devices so that they can load from an XML-file. That way anyone can select what devices to have active and what amplifier it should be able to talk to.
                        Good man!

Comment

Slowly going forward. I got the plugin to generate devices from an XML file that is automatically generated from the Yamaha text document. But it was hard to debug when I genrated devices directly from reading the XML file, so Im working on importing the XML file into a homeseer device struct first, then it will be simpler to see that that struct is filled correctly and generate devices from that.

Just to let you guys know the project advancing.

Comment

Slowly going forward. I got the plugin to generate devices from an XML file that is automatically generated from the Yamaha text document. But it was hard to debug when I genrated devices directly from reading the XML file, so Im working on importing the XML file into a homeseer device struct first, then it will be simpler to see that that struct is filled correctly and generate devices from that.

Just to let you guys know the project advancing.

Comment

Glad I found this, just what I was looking for.

I have the RX-A830, so also a bit different in schema, looking forward to next update with XML Configuration

Comment

There, finally been able to import the XML into a usable set of variables. It took me a while. The problem was the lists of lists of lists since the amplifier has subunits which has functions which have the functions.

Next is using the variable set to automatically create virtual devices in Homeseer.

I think this will work quite well. Or atleast I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                                X