X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need a little help and info

I need a little help...
    I have HS2pro and i have x10 modules in my home. Now I want to use Filtrete 3M-50 thermostat in my system.
    And I have questions...
    I haven't wires. My thermostat is free of them.
    1. Is it possible to use this plug-in to receive signals from 3M and to use signals to turn on or of my X10 radiator units..
    2. In my country we use Celsius...
    3. if the thermostat is connected with HS2pro I will have the real temp in my room or not.I will be able to change desire temp from the thermostat, from HS2Pro and from the thermostat website...
    Thank you in advance.
    p.s. Sorry for my english... I hope you can read my mind...

So sorry I missed your post. You can use this plugin with the 3M-50 thermostat not connected to your HVAC system. It will function as a temperature monitor, and you can also use it to read the current setpoint. If someone raises or lowers the desired temperature from the thermostat it will be shown in HS. So will hold status and fan status. You can use events to control your X10 modules.

#1: Yes, even though the thermostat is not connected to HVAC it will still tell HS when it is calling for heating or cooling. The thermostat doesn't send a notification to HS for this. HS will know about it the next time the thermostat is polled. I poll my thermostats every 60 seconds.

#2: yes, Celsius support is on the way, but it may only be included in the HS3 plugin. You can still set the thermostat for Celsius, but the plugin uses only Fahrenheit at the moment.

#3: yes, you can change the desired temp from HS, the thermostat, and from the web site. HS will reflect the change the next time the thermostat is polled.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Out of curiosity, can I buy another 3M thermostat and place it somewhere else in my house (only connected to power) and be used to get a more accurate reflection of who house temp? Could then the thermostat be adjusted based on a pooled temp from the sources. Reason being, the place where my thermostat is currently is awful for getting the temp of the house, a lot of windows/light, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
        Out of curiosity, can I buy another 3M thermostat and place it somewhere else in my house (only connected to power) and be used to get a more accurate reflection of who house temp? Could then the thermostat be adjusted based on a pooled temp from the sources. Reason being, the place where my thermostat is currently is awful for getting the temp of the house, a lot of windows/light, etc...
        Sure, this would be pretty easy to do. The plugin doesn't care if the thermostat is actually connected to anything other than WiFi and power. You could do it with a script fairly easily. If you keep it very simple you could do it just with events.
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
          Sure, this would be pretty easy to do. The plugin doesn't care if the thermostat is actually connected to anything other than WiFi and power. You could do it with a script fairly easily. If you keep it very simple you could do it just with events.
          Sorry. I guess I don't understand. The thermostat that is connected to the furnace/air conditioner has a sensed temperature of say 75 degrees. How does one change that. Is this possible? I know that there is a Vera plugin where one can pool many temps from various devices and control the thermostat that way but I have no idea how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
            Sorry. I guess I don't understand. The thermostat that is connected to the furnace/air conditioner has a sensed temperature of say 75 degrees. How does one change that. Is this possible? I know that there is a Vera plugin where one can pool many temps from various devices and control the thermostat that way but I have no idea how that works.
            I think in your case you would not use the set points on the thermostat actually connected to the HVAC. You could read the temperature from it, and then read the temperature from the thermostat(s) you place in other areas. Average the temperatures together in a script, then use that script or events to manually control the thermostat connected to the HVAC. in essence, HS becomes your thermostat, and the other devices are simply controllers and sensors.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
              X