No announcement yet.

looking for one-button remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you single-press the button two times, a few seconds apart but without activating any other scenes, do you see both events in the Log?

Comment

hank 4 buttons works... more or less

when including hank only 3 devices are created
      1-"Hank Wall Controller"
      2-"battery"
      3-"Central Scene"
      I should have expected 4 other devices: button 1 2 3 and 4
      on the contrary it is the status of "central scene" that is modified when clicking, holding or releasing one button
      These "status changed" (4 * 3 =12) can of course be managed as events but in spite of there names (scene 003 key released, for instance) I don't see how this controller could be considered as a SCENE controller!

But I am more than new at scenes management and I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ghell2000 View Post
        1-"Hank Wall Controller"
        2-"battery"
        3-"Central Scene"
        on the contrary it is the status of "central scene" that is modified when clicking, holding or releasing one button
        These "status changed" (4 * 3 =12) can of course be managed as events but in spite of there names (scene 003 key released, for instance) I don't see how this controller could be considered as a SCENE controller!

I don't have the Hank, but if it's anything like a Minimote, all the button mappings happen in events. very easy to setup there.

You should be able to see it there...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ghell2000 View Post
          1-"Hank Wall Controller"
          2-"battery"
          3-"Central Scene"

You might be thinking a bit old school there, where a remote was effectively a "controller" that was programmed with a scene and would turn relevant devices on/off directly. I'm no historian but I think this was from back in the early days of Z-Wave, when the idea of having an always-on server in a consumer's home would have seemed ridiculous.

Central Scene kind of replaces that, the "scene controller" is simply a trigger device, which HomeSeer (the actual controller) interprets and turns devices on/off based on event or scene configuration.

You could tie those multiple button triggers to a particular scene (configured under Plugins > Z-Wave > Scene management) but in HomeSeer events are definitely the preferred method of control, easier and more flexible too.

Bad idea:

Click image for larger version

Name:	central-scene.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1197296

Better idea:

Click image for larger version

Name:	event.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1197297

Comment

@ghell2000, did this work?

I have a minimote that might be dead and am thinking of giving this a try.

Comment

Working...
            X