Factory Reset Possible????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Reset Possible????

I have a Z-NET which I purchased a few months ago. I started having an issue a few weeks back where the Z-NET was not visible on network.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196365

That issue cleared up, but its occured again. I haven't opened a ticket with support (yet), but was wondering if a factory reset is possible?

I have another RPi that has experienced similar issues with network, so I'm wondering if its a hardware issue.

Personally I have yet to see a hardware failure with the Raspberry Pi and or ZWave stick or GPIO card to date.

I have seen scrambled read writes to the microSD card corrupting it a few times after powering off and powering on a Raspberry Pi and sometimes corruption of the SD card on it's own.

The Raspberry Pi 3 has both an internal network card and WiFi network card. Typically these are both by default configured for DHCP and many folks utilize DHCP reservation.

The MAC address of both networks never changes. Here personally do not utilize wireless on the RPi's and typically configure the RPi with a static IP address. That is me though.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

How do you have the network configuration set up? If you are using DHCP, you'll need to set up a reservation of that address in your router. Otherwise the router will eventually issue a different address and the HS3 machine doesn't automatically pick that up.

You can try using a static address, but I personally don't recommend that. The way the Z-Net assigns static addresses in the current Z-Net model is out of date (I've posted about this several times on this board). It works in some cases but can and has caused issues for other users. My recommendation is to keep the default DHCP setting, and reserve that address in the router.

Comment

Thanks for info..

I am currently setup with Static IP. I had not come across post about issues with how static IP is setup, so will definitely go in and update, and use IP reservation within my router...

Comment

So how about that factory reset to default? Possible? I have a Zwave box that keeps rebooting and says disk image malformed. Tech support said to backup database and restore it. So I did, and then it said I needed to re-register is, so I entered in the info from the back of the unit, now it says I am a guest and only admins can see anything.. Dead in the water. So I gave up and got out the old z-wave box with the z-stick.. restored database to that z-wave box and I got the same thing about re-registering but the zwave box is not on an internet connected network, and no matter what combinations of user id and password I use, from the new box or the old one, nothing works, so I cant make it to a guest on my old one, So I tried the Zwave box that was having the problems to start with again, trying to log out and different passwords and user names for a couple of hours, wasted my whole (insert F word here) night Now I have a bad attitude.. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post
            So how about that factory reset to default? Possible? I have a Zwave box that keeps rebooting and says disk image malformed. Tech support said to backup database and restore it. So I did, and then it said I needed to re-register is, so I entered in the info from the back of the unit, now it says I am a guest and only admins can see anything.. Dead in the water. So I gave up and got out the old z-wave box with the z-stick.. restored database to that z-wave box and I got the same thing about re-registering but the zwave box is not on an internet connected network, and no matter what combinations of user id and password I use, from the new box or the old one, nothing works, so I cant make it to a guest on my old one, So I tried the Zwave box that was having the problems to start with again, trying to log out and different passwords and user names for a couple of hours, wasted my whole (insert F word here) night Now I have a bad attitude.. LoL
            Not sure if there's a better way, but here's a prior image (older V2 image) that you may be able to apply (use 2nd SD card to be safe). Once installed, you should be able to update to the most current image directly within the interface.

It would be nice if there was a more direct way to rollback to the standard Z-Net image.

Comment

Working...
            X