Command without "Ask HomeSeer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    What is really confusing is that on Alexa there are 3 HS skills. I have 2 of them but I don't know how the 3 versions differ.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...54&postcount=2
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

Anyways, as I said, this is EXACTLY what I wanted, i.e.
      1) Define an event in HS
      2) In the event enter something for "Voice Command" so it shows up as a scene in Alexa
      3) Go to the Alexa app on your mobile device, in the menu select Smart Home, go to the tab Scenes, click on the + sign to scan for new scenes. The scene you created in 2) should now show up.
      4) Go to the menu and select Routines. Click on the + sign to add a new routine. Click on the + sign next to "When this happens". Enter the sentence you want to use after Alex, e.g. "Movie Time" to activate with "Alexa, Movie Time" (don't use something very common or Alexa might be confused. For Dinner Time it asked me if I wanted to hear the song Dinner Time). Then click on the + sign next to "Add action". Go to Smart Home, Control scene and select your HS event...
      I can't get Alexa to find my "Scenes," despite following your instructions. As best that I can tell, I am using the latest Homeseer skill with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.458 (Windows). Any thoughts for troubleshooting?
      Thanks,
      Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JMarias View Post
        ...... You have to get at this by clicking the arrow under your name on IFTTT. But there is real power there for us Techie but not programmer types! Oh, and the applets you create are private to you as well!

Jim
        Is the link to create your own: "Want to build your service? Build on the platform."

Thanks,
        Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
          I can't get Alexa to find my "Scenes," despite following your instructions. As best that I can tell, I am using the latest Homeseer skill with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.458 (Windows). Any thoughts for troubleshooting?
          Thanks,
          Elliott
          I just tried it again and it works for me. I am on HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435. After Alexa scans for scenes make sure you check the list even if it tells you no new scenes were found. Another think to check is the skills you have installed. I have all three installed "HomeSeer SmartHome", "HomeSeer" and "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill". The first one I installed just yesterday but I think that was after I tried the Scenes. So that one is probably not relevant.

Just in case, I am adding some screenshots. HSEvent.gif is the event I set up in HS. I know the event name and voice command don't match/make sense but I purposely did it to show what part is used where. The "Dinner Time" will only be used within HS. It does not go to Alexa. The "Go To Work" will be in Alexa.

"scene.jpg" is what I see in the Alexa App->Menu->Smart Home->Scenes->Discover Scenes. As you see, here you now wee the Go To Work event.

"routine.jpg" shows how I am using that scene in a routine (Alexa App->Menu->Routines". So when I say "Alexa, kitchen sink" it will trigger the Alexa scene Go To Work which is my HS event Dinner Time.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mulu; July 22, 2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks. It seems HomeSeer is an older version of HomeSeer SmartHome. I have enabled HomeSeer SmartHome (just yesterday) and now disabled HomeSeer as apparently they cannot be used together.

Comment

Working...
            X