find.homeseer.com doesnt find ZNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

find.homeseer.com doesnt find ZNET

Trying to configure Z-Net for first time.

Backed up Smartstick
    Removed Aeon Smartstick Interface
    Plugged in ZNET
    Ran http://find.homeseer.com

All it finds is my HS3 server, doesnt detect ZNET at all.

Power looks good, red led blinks for a while then turns solid red. Ethernet connection looks good, router and ZNET both show link light on port. Tried multiple Ethernet cables.

What next?

You could try opening your router and looking to see if an IP was assigned by DHCP.
    Make sure that DHCP is turned on.

DSteiNeuro
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Tried that, its not grabbing an IP.
      Tried rebooting, both Z-NET and Router.
      Validated Ethernet cable with another device.
      Wont grab an IP no matter what Ive tried, other devices on my network do work with DHCP, no problem.
      DHCP server is a D-Link DIR-655

Comment

Might want to make sure that the router has IPs to assign. I once set a limit to the number of IPs in the range and couldn't connect anything.

Is there another router that you can try to connect to?
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Power off your Z-Net device.

Power off your router.

Wait a minute or two.

Power on your router.

Wait a minute or two.

Power on your Z-Net device.

See if your router shows LAN IPs.

Newer routers will show these plus some routers let you delete DHCP assigned IPs.

Try all of the IPs shown in the DHCP list GUI.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am confident the my DHCP server is not the issue:
            • My DHCP scope is for 100 IPs
            • Only 6-10 IPs are being used at any given time
            • Turned off my MAC address filtering in the router until I can get a MAC for the ZNET.
            • I can revoke the leases of the printer, cellphone, media box, etc and those devices will then grab a new lease. Even went as far as revoking all leases (my server and workstations have fixed ip) and then powering up the ZNET. All other devices grabbed new leases, ZNET never showed up in the table.
            • No unknown devices show up in the Lease Table
            • I have power cycled (waiting 5 minutes before power on) the Router and then ZNET several times.
            • I brought the ZNET to work today and plugged it in a proven and stable Enterprise class DHCP server. Dozens of laptops and other other devices utilizing the DHCP everyday against my Server2012 DHCP. ZNET still doesnt grab an IP.

Is there any kind of factory reset I can do on the ZNET?

Comment

You may have gotten a bad unit. I would contact technical support by phone.

Comment

If possible, connect an HDMI monitor to the Z-Net and see if there are any startup errors.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  If possible, connect an HDMI monitor to the Z-Net and see if there are any startup errors.
                  Thank you Sir, that was most helpful.
                  Configuring Network Interfaces... ifup: Couldnt read interfaces file
                  So now what? Can someone give me a LOGIN credential and a default file to write back to this thing. Apparently it is Rasberry, I am assuming a USB drive and command line COPY would work.

Comment

yep - there's something up with your /etc/network/interfaces as you found.

login as homeseer/hsthsths3

Let's compare your file to mine:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm, seems the file doesnt exist?

Comment

Frankly, I would just call HomeSeer and get a replacement.

Originally posted by mikepetro View Post
                        Thank you Sir, that was most helpful.

So now what? Can someone give me a LOGIN credential and a default file to write back to this thing. Apparently it is Rasberry, I am assuming a USB drive and command line COPY would work.

Comment

OK, I am well versed in the DOS and Windows world, but I am not a penguin head by any means. Can you talk me through the commands to create and edit the file?

And I really really do appreciate your help.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                            Frankly, I would just call HomeSeer and get a replacement.
                            I am at the point where I "almost" agree. However, if all it takes is to create a simple txt file on this thing, I am willing.

Comment

Yeah, if this doesnt work, you might get HST to replace it...

Here we go!

login as homeseer/hsthsths3

Highlight this text and hit Ctrl-C to copy this text:

Code:
                              auto lo
                              iface lo inet loopback
                              allow-hotplug eth0
                              iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
                              iface wlan0 inet dhcp
                              Back in your console:
                              sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
                              (It will prompt you to enter your password again)

If there's anything in the file, you might want to remove all the lines.
                              Ctrl-V the text from above into the file, then hit Ctrl-O then Enter
                              Ctrl-X to exit

Now, reboot and see if the file is ok:
                              sudo reboot
                              (or you can power-cycle it)

If this doesnt fix it, definitely call HST... Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X