Fibaro double relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro double relay

First up I thought I'd try Ubuntu to run the system with and change from aeon labs stick to zwave.me

What a total pain in the arse decision I've made.

The raspberry pi was running sweet as a nut. The reason I changed was hoping HS touch maybe a bit more responsive.

However after a catalogue of issues the one that is now hitting me is with Fibaro double relay.

I'm using S1 to turn on kitchen lights directly that's all good.
    S2 is wired to the 2nd pole of a switch, this runs an event to control a device. Again all good and works now after re-installing the zwave plugin.

The issue is though S1 also triggers the same event as S2.
    I don't know how to stop it. This didn't happen in the raspberry pi setup.

It's as if S1 has associated itself with S2 ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the same problem, never really been fully resolved. I posted about this and my Qubinos which had the same problem. The new S5 version of the Qubino now works ok, I still have that problem on one of my Fibaros, luckily I do not use the second relay on that one (yet). Have you upgraded to the newest z-wave plugin version to see if that makes a difference ? I am running HS3 on a Windows 10 PC so not quite comparable. But I have read about this before, its unfortunately a common problem. I opened a bugzilla ticket as well quite a while ago

Comment

I've upgraded to the latest version.
      I can't remember what version this started happening on although! It didn't happen on the raspberry pi.
      Having said that about 2 upgrades ago funny things started to happen.
      I may move to Windows 10 but if you still have that issue then I might not bother.

Do you get feedback from the switches quickly? I used to but not anymore.

Comment

Yes feedback is instant. There is a new gen5 Fibaro switch. I havent tried it yet, but maybe that'll work better. Dont think its been out long though so not sure if anybody here has any experience with it.
        But no, I dont think switching to Windows will help that particular problem.

Comment

There are honestly multiple posts about the Fibaro dual relay modules on here over the years, they behave differently for different people. If you are bored then search for the username 'Rick Tinker' and the keyword of 'Fibaro' and you will have some entertaining reading.

It shouldn't matter which OS you are using because the Z-Wave plugin is the same no matter what OS.

I get feedback instantly but I only use the S1/S2 inputs in extremis (they are connected to my wall thermostats and only used if my HS system were to fail) and have not tried it for months unfortunately.

Comment

I think you might need to adjust the associations from the Fibaro module to HomeSeer. It supports G1-G5 and depending on how those are setup it may duplicate itself.

I can't remember which is which, but from memory G2 is Output 1, G3 is Input 1, G4 is Output 2 and G5 is input 2 whereas G1 is a general group for status.

I found that changing how these associations were setup I managed to get the device to respond properly on both inputs.
            Nicolai L

Comment

It used to be fine, I'll play with the associations though

Comment

I deleted the associations.
                Put them back as follows
                Group 1 - homeseer - endpoint 1
                Group 2 - homeseer - endpoint 2

Seems to work now.

Comment