X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Communication Issues

I am getting these errors:

Jan-15 8:51:54 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:51:54 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2548087: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    Jan-15 8:09:22 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:09:22 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2548143: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    Jan-15 8:08:03 AM Info Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2
    Jan-15 8:07:25 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:07:25 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2542723: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    Jan-15 8:07:05 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:07:05 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2548116: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    Jan-15 8:07:02 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:07:02 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2548017: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    Jan-15 8:06:16 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:06:16 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2548087: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    Jan-15 8:04:19 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
    Jan-15 8:04:19 AM Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Error retrieving data for device 2548143: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

I have attached all the information you requested in your " Help me Help You" thread.

I also need to know if your plug in runs script in an unrelated matter. See Homeseer Running Sluggish in this forum posted yesterday.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)
    Plug in Version (1.1.12)
    Thermostats don't run according to events, times, triggers due to communication problems.
    Windows Embedded Standard ( Windows 7)
    Honeywell TH9320WF5003 Wi-Fi 9000 Color Touch Screen Programmable
    Attached Files

I also received a couple of 403 responses at around the same time. Is it still doing that?

Comment

Yes, still doing it.

Comment

Can you log in to the Honeywell TCC Portal manually with those credentials?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "those credentials" but I never had a problem before.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelV View Post
            Not sure what you mean by "those credentials" but I never had a problem before.
            The ones you have configured in the plugin options. Please test it out on the website and confirm it's correct and that you haven't been locked out for excessive commands...

Comment

Ok, did that. No problem logging in and controlling thermostats from the website or my mobile devices. I also have three other Honeywell thermostats in 2 other locations that work flawlessly. I do not use homeseer in those other locations, just the mobile apps. Can you remind me what logging level I should be at for Homeseer / plugin? I forgot.

Here is what the log shows now.

Jan-16 9:16:00 AM

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
              Failed to retrieve thermostat data - too soon
              Jan-16 9:15:57 AM

Jan-16 9:15:36 AM

Jan-16 9:15:23 AM

Jan-16 9:13:31 AM

Jan-16 9:12:54 AM

Failed to retrieve thermostat data - error occurred, will retry
              Jan-16 9:12:54 AM

Error retrieving data for device 2548116: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
              Jan-16 9:12:35 AM

Jan-16 9:12:25 AM

Jan-16 9:11:34 AM

Jan-16 9:11:01 AM

Comment

For diagnosing problems, TRACE. For normal operation, anything less than that Typical would be INFO.

The "Too soon" is because you're requesting an update (either manually or because of submitted changes) more frequently than the plugin allows (in order to help keep your account from being locked out by Honeywell).

The 403 means your login didn't "take" for some reason. I get those sometimes, too, but since there's no official API, I don't have any better way of handling the login process. Unless it's happening every time, there's probably not much that can be done.

Does it work correctly on average? If you leave it alone for 30 minutes, do you get 6 regular updates?

Comment

Ok, After I had it on Trace and sent you the log, I put it back on info. Never saw the "Too Soon" before.

I never had a problem logging in into the HTCC website, but the plug-in works for the most part. I just get these random error messages from time to time. I've restarted my system and I will see what happens in 30 minutes.

Stay tuned.

Comment

UPDATE:::

I was having issues with my hard drive on my hometroller being almost full when Homeseer suddenly stopped working. HS Tech support suggested I do a system restore, which I did. The restore went well but I lost all 6 thermostats and all of my events and virtual devices. My question for this forum is, After a restore, should the thermostats be restored as part of the restore process or would they need to be created again?

Comment

The root thermostat device is what really controls things, so if you lost that, you'll need to delete any orphaned thermostat child devices then re-add them.

Comment

I don't see any reference to any thermostats, root or Orphaned. Should they have been restored? I lost other unrelated devices as well.

Comment

I can't really say why the HS restore wouldn't have restored those devices...

Comment

So in your opinion, they should have restored? All my thermostat events are gone too.

Comment

As I understand it, the backup is just a copy of your HS3 configuration database at a point in time, so if the backup happened with those devices and events included, they should be there after a restore. All I can really confirm is there's nothing I know about in the plugin that would keep it from working. If your backup was from before they were created, that's a different story.

Comment

Working...
                              X