This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Z-wave devices, all events

When my Homeseer III would not boot because of the Sandisk UD3 flash drive, it somehow also lost all of my Z-wave devices, and ALL of my events. How did this happen? So far, I have not been able to restore them. I was able to import my Z-wave devices from the Z-wave controller.

Not happy,
    Chris Shaker

You can restore all of your devices and events from a recent backup of your config database. If you haven't been backing up then HomeSeer stores a copy of the last 10 in the config/backup directory.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Where is restoring HomeSeer documented?

I am looking for online tutorials or documents telling us how to restore our backups. So far, I am not finding such.

I tried copying only the HomeSeer.mdb file into the Config folder while HS2 was shut down, then restarting it, and my events and devices are still missing.

Thank you,
      Chris Shaker

Comment

Figured it out

Got my events back. Had to go into 'Setup' and change the 'Current Configuration File' to 'HomeSeer.mdb'.

Chris Shaker

Originally posted by cjshaker View Post
        I am looking for online tutorials or documents telling us how to restore our backups. So far, I am not finding such.

I tried copying only the HomeSeer.mdb file into the Config folder while HS2 was shut down, then restarting it, and my events and devices are still missing.

Thank you,
        Chris Shaker

Comment

Oh man you just saved me. The same thing just happened to me and all my sample.mdb backups wouldn't work. they would all import, but all 60+ events were missing the actions - YIKES!. After renaming the sample.mdb to HomeSeer.mdb - Wholla! All was well in my HomeSeer world.

Thanks for posting, you just saved me hours of troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
          X