www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Eric Fetty Plug-Ins > RadioThermostat Plug-in (3P)

RadioThermostat Plug-in (3P) Discussion of RadioThermostat plug-in

Old January 19th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Seer Deluxe

New Error in Log

Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat.Update() at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat..ctor(String IP, HttpClient WebClient) at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()

Any ideas ?
HomeTroller: HS 2.5.0.23: Plugins: ActiveBackup| DooMenuBar | DooMotion | DooNetwork Monitor | Smarthome PowerLinc USB | Power Monitor | iAutomate RFID | Router Traffic Monitor | SmartLinc TempLinc | Touchpad | Media Player | Global Cache GC100 | VWS | MHLSPlugin | WS800 | ROC Randomizer | UPB | iTunes | Maestro | ZWAVE
Old January 19th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Seer Master

Looks like it cant find the IP of your thermostat. You restart the plugin yet? If not give it a restart and let me know if it helps.
Old January 19th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
Looks like it cant find the IP of your thermostat. You restart the plugin yet? If not give it a restart and let me know if it helps.
Yes shut down and restarted, the stat is at 192.168.1.95 not sure why its not finding it...I tried putting it in the plugin setup screen as well still not finding the stat.
Old January 19th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Seer Master

I'm out of town right now, but will be back tomorrow and I can help look deeper then.
Old January 19th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
I'm out of town right now, but will be back tomorrow and I can help look deeper then.
Ok
Old January 21st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Seer Deluxe

Still looking for help with this error...

Thanks
Old January 22nd, 2018, 09:04 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStan View Post
Still looking for help with this error...

Thanks
Yep, I'm looking into it.

From the error you gave me, it indicates a new thermostat object is being created with no IP address. There are 7 locations that call that, I'm tracking back each one of them to see why it would not pass the correct IP to the constructor of the thermostat object.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 09:49 AM
Seer Master

From what I can tell, it looks like the homeseer object may have lost it's extra plugin data that allows the plugin to find the correct devices.

Have you tried deleting the existing thermostat devices in homseer yet and letting the plugin do a brand new discovery?

Also, have you tried a reboot?