www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Eric Fetty Plug-Ins > RadioThermostat Plug-in (3P)

RadioThermostat Plug-in (3P) Discussion of RadioThermostat plug-in

Old December 30th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Seer Master

Not all devices are updating on CT-80

Eric - I recently noticed that several devices for my CT-80 are not updating - current temperature, fan state, and thermostat state (they haven't updated since 12/18/2016). The other fields seem to update as expected when I change them from 1) an event, 2) the HS3 Device Management screen, or 3) from HSTouch3 (default Android template). The current Temperature stays at 68F, the fan state stays at off, and the thermostat state stays at idle - at all three places - even though they change on the thermostat. These appear to be status devices provided from the CT-80?

How can I help debug this?

Thanks
Attached Images

(System configuration is in my profile)
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:34 AM
Seer Master

FWIW

As a follow-up I also noticed that if I make a change at the thermostat (i.e. change the setpoint) it does not reflect back in the GUI Device Management page nor at the HSTouch screen.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 10:40 AM
Seer Master

Hey, sorry for the late reply (Holidays had me out of town). Are you running the latest version of the plugin? I know there was a bug in the previous versions that caused the exact issue you are experiencing. Also you may help by doing the following:

Find your thermostat's IP address and goto http://insert-IP-here/tstat

It should return a string such as below

Code:
{"temp":66.50,"tmode":2,"fmode":0,"override":0,"hold":0,"t_cool":76.00,"tstate":0,"fstate":0,"time":{"day":1,"hour":8,"minute":38},"t_type_post":0}
Try doing a reset of the thermostat by opening the top panel and pushing the reset button. Mine did this a while back as well and it turned out the thermostat wasn't responding.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
... Are you running the latest version of the plugin? ...
I am running version 1.0.16322.107

Quote:
... Also you may help by doing the following:

Find your thermostat's IP address and goto http://insert-IP-here/tstat
The string returned was
Code:
{"temp":65.50,"tmode":1,"fmode":0,"override":0,"hold":0,"t_heat":62.00,"program_mode":1,"tstate":0,"fstate":0,"time":{"day":1,"hour":9,"minute":2},"t_type_post":0}
Quote:
... Try doing a reset of the thermostat by opening the top panel and pushing the reset button...
That didn't make any difference

Also stopping and restarting the plugin didn't make any difference.

What would you like me to try next?

Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Seer Master

It has now started working

I just noticed that it has started working since my last post. I guess I'll keep an eye on it...

Thanks Eric.
Old January 4th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spknapp View Post
I just noticed that it has started working since my last post. I guess I'll keep an eye on it...

Thanks Eric.
Glad the reset helped. Let me know if you have further issues.
Old January 4th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Seer Master

Also, in my investigations, I have found some issues in the plugin as well. I'll be posting an update within the next couple days to address these issues.
Old January 7th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Seer Master

It stopped again

Eric - I noticed this morning that the fields were not updating again. Resetting the thermostat did not help, but bouncing the plugin took care of it.

FYI
Old January 8th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Eric - I noticed this morning that the fields were not updating again. Resetting the thermostat did not help, but bouncing the plugin took care of it.

FYI
Yes, I'm working on a fix.
Old January 9th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Seer Master

Are you getting the following entries in your log file

Code:
RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Are you getting the following entries in your log file

Code:
RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
I have 2 from the 3rd, and 4 from yesterday, but none on the dates it quit responding (i.e. Friday the 6th), and it is still responding so far today despite the 4 warnings from yesterday.
Code:
Jan-08 11:53:13 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Jan-08 11:51:13 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Jan-08 4:01:32 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Jan-08 3:59:25 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Jan-03 2:24:25 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Jan-03 2:21:56 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
Thanks

Last edited by spknapp; January 9th, 2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: edit
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Seer Master

I have posted a new version that should address the issues. Try it out and let me know.
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I have posted a new version that should address the issues. Try it out and let me know.
I downloaded and installed your new version last night. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Thanks
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Seer Master

Eric - I noticed the plugin again stopped updating from the thermostat. I have been running the latest version, 1.0.17015.114, since I spotted it in the updater on 1/18. The last update from the thermostat was on 1/24 at 2:40PM. There is nothing in the log indicating problems around that time. It appears that my events still update the thermostat as scheduled.

Restarting the plugin starts communication again.

What can I do to help debug this for you?

Thanks
Old February 6th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Seer Master

Still happening

Quote:
Eric - I noticed the plugin again stopped updating from the thermostat. I have been running the latest version, 1.0.17015.114, since I spotted it in the updater on 1/18. The last update from the thermostat was on 1/24 at 2:40PM. There is nothing in the log indicating problems around that time. It appears that my events still update the thermostat as scheduled.

Restarting the plugin starts communication again.

What can I do to help debug this for you?

Thanks
I am having to bounce the plugin every few days. Any progress on fixing this problem?

Thanks
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I am having to bounce the plugin every few days. Any progress on fixing this problem?

Thanks
Yeah, sorry, had some issues come up, I'm back home now and will get back to hunting this bug.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:07 AM
Seer Master

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Yeah, sorry, had some issues come up, I'm back home now and will get back to hunting this bug.
Eric - any progress? Is there anything I can do to help out?
Old February 24th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I can't seem to recreate the issues, but I run CT-30s and CT-50s. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to the CT-80s.

Anyone else using CT-80 and having issues?
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Quote:
I can't seem to recreate the issues, but I run CT-30s and CT-50s. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to the CT-80s.

Anyone else using CT-80 and having issues?
Eric - I am still experiencing this problem using the latest version of the plugin 1.0.17267.124. I have mitigated it a little by using the "Jon00 Enable/Disable Plugin Utility" and bouncing the plugin daily at 1:00 AM, but I find that your plugin can still lose communication with my thermostat even between 1:00 AM and 5:45 AM (when I have HomeSeer HS3 tell it to adjust the thermostat for my "Wake Up" routine), let alone any other time of the day, too.

I have yet to receive an email from Radio Thermostat saying that they have lost communication with my thermostat during any period when your plugin loses communication. If I unplug the thermostat and leave it powered off for a couple of days, RTCOA sends me an email to let me know the thermostat is offline.

Simply disabling/enabling your plugin it happily communicates with my CT-80 again. This leads me to suspect a problem with the communication failure recovery routine(s) in your plugin.

Please, I paid good money in good faith in your software. This problem has gone on long enough. I need to get this fixed so I can trust your plugin to control my CT-80 thermostat. Again, please let me know what I can do to help you get this problem resolved in the quickest manner.
Old December 15th, 2017, 12:26 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Eric - I am still experiencing this problem using the latest version of the plugin 1.0.17267.124. I have mitigated it a little by using the "Jon00 Enable/Disable Plugin Utility" and bouncing the plugin daily at 1:00 AM, but I find that your plugin can still lose communication with my thermostat even between 1:00 AM and 5:45 AM (when I have HomeSeer HS3 tell it to adjust the thermostat for my "Wake Up" routine), let alone any other time of the day, too.

I have yet to receive an email from Radio Thermostat saying that they have lost communication with my thermostat during any period when your plugin loses communication. If I unplug the thermostat and leave it powered off for a couple of days, RTCOA sends me an email to let me know the thermostat is offline.

Simply disabling/enabling your plugin it happily communicates with my CT-80 again. This leads me to suspect a problem with the communication failure recovery routine(s) in your plugin.

Please, I paid good money in good faith in your software. This problem has gone on long enough. I need to get this fixed so I can trust your plugin to control my CT-80 thermostat. Again, please let me know what I can do to help you get this problem resolved in the quickest manner.

Ok, let me see what I can find.