www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Eric Fetty Plug-Ins > RadioThermostat Plug-in (3P)

RadioThermostat Plug-in (3P) Discussion of RadioThermostat plug-in

Old December 18th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Seer Master

Looks like my plugin won't allow non-numerics right now. I'll do some internal testing to see if the variables work if I allow them in the field. If they work, then I'll update to let that all work
Old December 19th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Seer Master

Smile

New version pushed. This version adds some new functionality as requested.
  • The Price Message Area Action and the Temperature Override Action will now accept the macro entry for:
    Code:
    $$DVR:(ref):
    Where "ref" is the reference number of another device. The value of this device will be used for setting the Action's value.

To find a devices reference number you can do one of two things:
  • Click on the device's name then click advanced and the Reference ID will be the first entry.
  • Click on Tools -> Setup -> Custom and enable the checkbox for "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)". All devices will now show their reference IDs on the main device page on the left-hand side.
Old December 19th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks!
Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:28 PM
Seer Master

CT-80 Event Action test results

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
Hey,

I need your help in testing out the functionality of the new features you had me put in place. I do not have access to any CT-80 thermostats to test the code.

I have pushed a new update out that has the following new features enabled:

New Device Types:
  • Humidity Sensor
  • Humidifier Control
  • DeHumidifier Control
  • NightLight Control
  • SaveEnergy Control
  • AirBaffle Control

New Actions available to events:
  • Reboot Device
  • Set Price Message Area
  • Set User Message Area
  • Set LED color
  • Set Remote Temperature Override
  • Clear Remote Temperature Override

I was able to test all the actions except the user message area as it's specific to the CT-80.

As for new device controls, I was unable to test any of them as the CT-30 and CT-50 does not have any of those features.

Please let me know the status of your testing so that I can make an official announcement that these features are now functional.
Eric - I still don't have any of your new devices showing up. I'm not sure what I need to do to get them to show up in Devices. I only have the original nine (9) devices showing up. I have disabled/enabled the plugin with no change.

As for testing the actions, I have verified that the LED Green/Yellow/Red/Off, Price Message Area, and User Message Area all work just fine. I'll look in to what the remote temperature is and what to put in there and see if that works, too.

But it does seem that the Reboot Device action does NOT work. I sent it multiple times, and there was no reaction at the thermostat.

How do I get the new devices showing up? Then I can test those for you, too. Still running version 1.0.17353.162.

Thanks

(System configuration is in my profile)
Old January 5th, 2018, 12:45 AM
Seer Master

Eric - I just noticed yesterday that even though the devices in Device List aren't being updated, that your plugin *IS* still talking to the thermostat. I can change the setpoint, I can turn the LEDs on and off, I can set the message areas, all this even when the devices (I only have the original 9 showing up) haven't been updated in days. It's as if your plugin can talk to my thermostat, but can't hear it or isn't listening to it.

I'm sorry I didn't spot this sooner. I had made an incorrect assumption that because the devices weren't being updated that your plugin wasn't communicating to the thermostat at all.

Maybe this might lend a hand at finding out what's wrong?

Thanks,
Old January 5th, 2018, 02:41 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spknapp View Post
Eric - I just noticed yesterday that even though the devices in Device List aren't being updated, that your plugin *IS* still talking to the thermostat. I can change the setpoint, I can turn the LEDs on and off, I can set the message areas, all this even when the devices (I only have the original 9 showing up) haven't been updated in days. It's as if your plugin can talk to my thermostat, but can't hear it or isn't listening to it.

I'm sorry I didn't spot this sooner. I had made an incorrect assumption that because the devices weren't being updated that your plugin wasn't communicating to the thermostat at all.

Maybe this might lend a hand at finding out what's wrong?

Thanks,

OMG, this helps so much, it means the problem isn't talking to the thermostat, but rather finding the existing devices in Homeseer to supply updates to. No wonder I can't find an issue, I'm looking under the couch for my car when it's in the garage.

Let me collect my thoughts and take a look at that section of code and see what we can find. I think what i may have to do, is something similar to what I did in the MyQ plugin and that's to add a debug dump button that will dump a section of the homeseer database that contains devices linked to the plugin so I can see what's happening in the database.

Curious question, have you tried deleting your existing thermostat devices and letting the plugin recreate them? It sounds like there's a disconnect there and the devices may have lost some of the data that links them with the specific thermostats.
Old January 5th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
Curious question, have you tried deleting your existing thermostat devices and letting the plugin recreate them? It sounds like there's a disconnect there and the devices may have lost some of the data that links them with the specific thermostats.
Good(?) news - I disabled your plugin, deleted all 9 of the original devices, and re-enabled your plugin - and lo and behold all the original 9 and 8 new devices showed up. So now I have the additional Save Energy Mode, Night Light, 3 Humidity, 2 Humidifier mode, and the Air Baffle devices all showing up for a total of 17 - cool!!

A few notes:
- On Humidity Setpoint and Dehumidifier Setpoint there is no field nor drop-down to change it
- When I make a change to any of the 8 new devices, it changes on the device list screen, and shows in the HS log that a CAPI command happened, but it doesn't change anything on my thermostat and then sets itself back to the value it was before I changed it, apparently at next poll interval - for example, if I change the Night Light value to anything, I don't see the backlight come on and the device sets back to 25% (apparently the default value on the thermostat?) Same thing for Humidifer Mode i.e. if it is off on the stat, and I enable Only with Heat, it temporarily changes, the HS log shows the CAPI command, but then at the next poll the device changes back to Off without anything happening at the stat. But if I change a setting at the stat, it DOES get properly reflected in the Device List.

The devices in the original 9 still modify their settings on the thermostat OK.

Hopefully an easy fix?

Thanks
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Seer Master

I'm not at all surprised with the glitches with a couple of the new device types. As you recall I had no way of testing them, so I was just kinda programming in the dark there.

I'll take a look and get a fix out to you for the bugs you've reported. Thanks for being a sport through all this.
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Seer Master

Update:

I've found a lot of the issues you pointed out and now I'm working on fixes for them.

-Workaround-
If you want a workaround for the devices not being created you need to delete all existing thermostat devices.