TTS Voices windows 10.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS Voices windows 10.

I am running Homeseer 2.5.0.52. I know it is old, but it is so reliable! I just upgraded the platform it is running on to Windows 10. No issues (i thought) other than with an old plugin I wrote that required a simple fix.

I came home and as usual Homeseer greeted me with the message I have programmed when returning home. To my surprise the voice was no longer the nice lady it had always been, but rather a rather brusque male.

My question is how do I change the voice for Homeseer. I have the very old HS voice disks. The voice does not appear to be either of the two Win 10 voices (Mike or Zira), in fact Zira is set as the preferred windows voice for TTS and the voice is definitely not female.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Barry Gordon; March 4, 2016, 06:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

I installed the old 32 bit Neospeech SAPI fonts on my Windows 10 test touchscreen. They work fine. The old AT&T Speech fonts also work fine.

After installation just set you speaker.exe application to one of your old speech fonts.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I figured it was something like that. Are there any instructions on how to go about doing that. I have been working in other venues and my "Homeseer" knowledge has dissipated to a large degree.

Comment

Just run the Homeseer Neospeech or AT&T install from the CD ROM(s).

While the CD Rom was marked Homeseer it is doing a standard install of Microsoft SAPI voice fonts.

If you cannot or do not have a CD Rom copy all of the files to a USB stick and install them from there.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X