Not getting any info in HS - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupp,

One down.. after seeing your message this morning, I moved the Envi USB to another port on my hub, which triggered a reinstall of the Prolific driver - this time on "USB 7". The envi is now communicating with HS.. Yay!

NOW, if I can just figure out how to get my X10 - CM11 talking, I will be almost done.. it does not seem to be showing up in the Comm/LPT folder in Device Manager.. all I see atm is the Envi (Comm7) and the VantagePro2 (Comm5)...

I have a dedicated serial card on the PC which has always worked before the change to Win7..

Update: I tried disabling the CM11a and re-enabling, but now getting the error:

2/6/2011 10:52:58 AM - Error - Unable to initialize X-10 interface X10 CM11A/CM1 :Either no license or trial has expired

This is new.. I tried reinstalling the plugin from the updater, but am getting the same error.. should not be a license issue as I have used this same CM11a for years.. <??>

Any advice much appreciated..

Comment

Ah! The CM11A error is a bug and can be fixed if you disable the CM11A plugin using Internet Explorer (the actual browser) and then reboot the server and then re-enable the plugin using Internet Explorer. There's a bug when using other browsers that causes the entry into the settings.ini file to be truncated and causes this invalid license error.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

OK - did as you suggested with IE browser and was able to re-enable the CM11A, but still getting initialization error..:

X10 CM11A/CM12U
        HSPI_CM11A.dll 2.2.0.4 Error Initializing

It came up as Comm8, though I have no idea what the actual port number should be. Still not showing up in the Device Manager..

Comment

What is the full error? Does it still indicate a licnese issue?

Comment

That was the full line (prior msg) shown on the Plug-in Interfaces setup window. there is nothing in the log file, and interestingly since I changed the HS config to use IE, the HS screen does not scroll the startup events, etc. as it did when I was using Firefox as the HS Browser..

The license info page looks complete with the CM11A included. When I try to view the event log from the IE Browser, I only have one event, which is strange. Formerly, i would be able to see the timestamped complete startup sequence and any associated errors...

Comment

More info..

Current Date/Time: 2/6/2011 1:16:53 PM Eastern Standard Time
              HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.1
              HomeSeer: Is Registered
              HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
              OS Version: 6.1.7600 Service Pack: 0.0
              System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 11 Minutes 3 Seconds
              User Name and Access Level: po (Admin)
              LAN IP Address: 192.168.5.106 (Owner-PC)
              Client IP Address: 192.168.5.106 (Owner-PC)
              External IP Address: 65.5.196.244 (adsl-065-005-196-244.sip.rdu.bellsouth.net)
              Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller IP: 192.168.5.106/24 MAC: 00:22:19:2C:BF:3A
              Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
              Web Server Port: 81
              Number of Devices: 133
              Unique, Used X-10 Devices: 28
              A:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
              B:1, 2, 3, 5, 11
              C:1, 2, 3, 4
              P:1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Number of Z-Wave Nodes: 10
              Number of Events: 51
              Event Last Ran: Weather XML : Weather XML, Ran at 2/6/2011 1:06:00 PM
              Number of unique event scripts used: 13
              C: comicReset.txt
              D: Device Value.txt
              H: HStvFavoriteChannels.txt, HStvIRVR.txt, HStvListings.txt, HSTvSetDevices.txt, HStvVrInstall.txt
              P: plugins.txt
              T: test
              W: Weather Warnings.txt, weathercom_xml.txt, weathercom_xml_speak.txt, weathercom_xml_vr.txt

Plug-Ins Enabled: X10 CM11A/CM12U, , VWSCSV, HSTouch Server Unlimited,
              HSTouch Server, HSTouch iPhone, iTunes, Current Cost

Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 at 2.64 GHz
              Modules/Threads: 161 Modules, 53 Threads
              System Processes/Load: 69 Processes, 6% Load
              Free / Total Physical Memory: 5.79 GBytes / 8.00 GBytes (72% free)
              Free / Total Virtual Memory: 13.53 GBytes / 15.99 GBytes (85% free)
              HomeSeer Memory Used: 77 Mbytes
              COM Plug-In Memory Used: 6 Mbytes for HS_Compatibility.

Comment

Rupp,

Event log oK now.. apparently switching to IE browser reset the max displayable events in the log to 1.. I changed it back and that seems back to normal now.. still no X10 connection though...

Comment

Win 7 Driver issue?

Wondering if the upgrade to windows 7 screwed up the RS232 card driver? Win7 does not detect the RS232 board, so maybe the issue with no CM11A communications...

Comment

Yes that was my question back at post #28

Comment

Yes, seems like a probability.. So... Go to cm15 or get a converter cable for my cm11? Guess RS 232 is too old for Win7...

I have too many X10s to move all the way to ZWave...

Comment

Back!

Bought a $10 USB to Serial cable and attached to the CM11A.. started working right away, so the problem was the recognition issue of the old RS232 card by Win 7 apparently - thanks for all the help and suggestions along the way - good to have my automation system back in full force.

Comment

Working...
                        X