the Current Cost plug-in is available here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rick,
    I have been running 1.0.0.31 for a few hours now, and this is the graph I have. I don't understand the numbers on the x-axis scale, and I am definately not drawing 100Kwhr.

Is this something to do with the settings I can change or modify as sent to google for graphing or a fix required in another version of the plugin?

thanks again,
    Phil
    Attached Files

Comment

Scaling of KWH in v1.0.0.31 devices ?

Hi Rick/Rich,

I noticed with the new devices created in v1.0.0.31 that the monthly usage values are in KWH, but my prior data which was transfered into the database on plugin upgrade showed about 1000x diference (from memory).

My data from the previous 1.0.0.3 I recall was around 1278 KWH so far this month, now with 1.0.0.31 the device is actually showing 1.278 KWH. Am I reading this wrong or is it a scaling issue.

I have data collected from running over the past couple of weeks.

thanks,
      Phil
      Attached Files

Comment

Rick/Rich,

The debug log shows the realtime data is what I expect, but the ActualUsage data values all seem to be divided by 1000.

I also see the chart anomolies with regard to the X axis on the lash Hour chart.

On the Today vs. Yesterday, the chart still ends at 10:00PM. Additionally, the new data which is displayed at about ~01:00 AM is actually recorded at ~06:20 AM. My timezone is set at -5 GMT. The times on the ENVI display and the HT2 are within 1 minute of each other.

Best Regards,

Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Current Cost not Updating

I installed the Envi yesterday and it appears to be working fine in standalone mode. I also was able to get it uploading to Google Powermeter..

I was not getting any updates within HS however (running HS PRO 2.4.0.60

Updating to the latest Currentcost DLL (.31) has not improved the results.. . in fact I am now getting an error message that "There are no database records to display"

I know this is a fast moving topic, but would appreciate any tips or link to "current" setup info..
              Attached Files

Comment

How to disable CurrentCost log entries

I am getting LOTS of log entries on from Current Cost, though these are not particularly useful. I tried selecting "Don't Log events" in the status options for each "device", but they keep coming.. any ideas?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by psampson View Post
                  Hi Rick/Rich,

I noticed with the new devices created in v1.0.0.31 that the monthly usage values are in KWH, but my prior data which was transfered into the database on plugin upgrade showed about 1000x diference (from memory).

My data from the previous 1.0.0.3 I recall was around 1278 KWH so far this month, now with 1.0.0.31 the device is actually showing 1.278 KWH. Am I reading this wrong or is it a scaling issue.

I have data collected from running over the past couple of weeks.

thanks,
                  Phil
                  Yeah, we noticed the problem too late last night, so I am looking into it. It certainly does appear to be dividing by 1000 one too many times. ;-)
                  Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
                    Rick/Rich,

I also see the chart anomolies with regard to the X axis on the lash Hour chart.

On the Today vs. Yesterday, the chart still ends at 10:00PM.

Additionally, the new data which is displayed at about ~01:00 AM is actually recorded at ~06:20 AM. My timezone is set at -5 GMT. The times on the ENVI display and the HT2 are within 1 minute of each other.
                    I am looking into these now. Not sure about the time being off bit - please verify this a few times during the day and let me know if you confirm it. I am not seeing the same so it has me concerned.
                    Regards,

Comment

Ooops - got that fixed for the next release. Sorry about that.
                      Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
                        I would still like to see the incorporation of the tiered charging scheme, not just by hour.
                        Can you provide some details of what you are looking for? Is it based upon the amount you use kicking you into a higher/lower rate?

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
                        Also - why am I seeing gaps in the graphs - specifically the yesterday/today?
                        When the plug-in is shut down and not gathering the data, it creates a gap. When I get some of these other issues resolved I may look into trying to get the missing data from the Envi.
                        Regards,

Comment

Attached Files
                          Last edited by stevepyle; July 22, 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogle View Post
                            I installed the Envi yesterday and it appears to be working fine in standalone mode. I also was able to get it uploading to Google Powermeter..

I was not getting any updates within HS however (running HS PRO 2.4.0.60

Updating to the latest Currentcost DLL (.31) has not improved the results.. . in fact I am now getting an error message that "There are no database records to display"

I know this is a fast moving topic, but would appreciate any tips or link to "current" setup info..
                            How are you uploading to Google Powermeter? If you have an app on the PC that is reading the data from the Envi using its one USB adapter, then that is why there is a problem because two apps cannot open the same COM/USB port.
                            Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by pogle View Post
                              I am getting LOTS of log entries on from Current Cost, though these are not particularly useful. I tried selecting "Don't Log events" in the status options for each "device", but they keep coming.. any ideas?
                              They were there before I started working on the plug-in. Something Rich put in there that he must have thought useful. I just made a change so that the plug-in does not update sensors with no data, so that will just cause you to see it update a shorter sensor list at the same frequency. Perhaps it was just during trial so people could make sure the plug-in was still doing something - I'll talk to Rich about removing that or making it an option.
                              Regards,

Comment

Rick

A few more screen dumps of some issues

7. why do we see per sensor - Real time usage all channels (KW) per sensor and All channels usage channel 1 per sensor, as they record the same value ? i.e $2 & $3 in the first attachment, $53 & $54 in the second etc.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by stevepyle; July 22, 2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X