Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snedecor View Post
    I have the same problem.

The graphs show up in the designer, and show up in the client that runs on the PC, but deployed to the iphone, I get the text of the http that is sent to chart.apis.google.com.
    Does the iPhone have an active Internet connection? If it does, then I would post in the HSTouch forum - I do not have much experience with the iPhone/iTouch client and could not begin to guess what is going on.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by psampson View Post
      Hi Rick,

Great work proceeding here thanks!

I have the latest version just from the updater and noticed even though my price per KW/hr is 0.19945 I see 25c in the realtime device when only drawing realtime 720W.

If I disable the plugin, and re-nable it, briefly the realtime cost is 14c and then changes back to 25c in about 30 seconds and does not fluctuate after that. Seems from then on, no matter what the realtime consumption is 960W or 720W the realtime cost is fixed at 25c and does not seem to change.

I have verified all my table entries are .19945 and that table is in use.

Also, I use a cent-a-meter device which uses the API to update the plugin every 30 seconds. This has been working well. I also have several rf and fixed temp sources, is it possible to use the api to update the temp value now as well?

thanks and regards,

Phil

UPDATE: it looks like realtime cost per hour $ is not updating at all I restarted HS, went out for two ours and it is two hours behind everything else on the last change time stamp.
      The rate problem is interesting - the only thing I can think of is that there is another rate table defined and is active? The other thing is that there is a feature in event actions to override the current rate table, and if you used the API previously to do that, perhaps it is still overridden. Try creating an event that has two actions - 1. It disables any rate overrides that may be in effect, and 2. Activates the rate table by name that you want active. Run the event, and then wait up to 90 seconds for the status device to update and see what it says.

The other problem with it not updating, and perhaps even the rate problem, may be because you are using the API to update the energy usage instead of the plug-in reading the data, because the data read also triggers all of the procedures that do the updating. So confirm for me if you will that you are NOT connected to any sort of Envi unit?
      Regards,

Comment

plug in no working!!?

hello all

sorry for my english!!

i m a probleme with the plug in

in my log
        06/08/2010 08:19:13 Current Cost Error, Exception adding record to the history database: Database is not open
        06/08/2010 08:19:13 Current Cost Error adding a record to the history database - see the log for more details

graph no work

a idea?!!
        thanks

Comment

Rick,

Installed the plugin a couple of nights ago. Seems fine and continues to work/graph for me. The rate table remains as I defined as well.
          Interesting how the Realtime Usage Cost - Per Hour gets updated though.
          I seems to update roughly every hour at least once, however, I had my AC running the last couple of days and actually saw an increase from $0.10 to $0.11 but it now has been off for quite a few hours and there is no change in the RTC. It remains at $0.11.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yeah, Rich and Mark said something about a couple of the cost/usage items not seeming right, but I don't think they know for sure if something is wrong or if it is just a scale issue - i.e. it may be reporting instantaneous data (kW) instead of cost based data (kWH) or something like that. If anybody else can confirm which variables are out of whack, then I will take a look at them all and see what I can find.
            Regards,

Comment

plugging: could it be made to run even if HS is "down"

I am concerned that if HS does not run for even a few minutes (update/restart,...) then the Plug-in stops as well...and hence I think we
              "loose" data... I think the ENVI hardware still has all the data but I think it is a lot of work hunting for the missing data points

Rather I'd would like the Plug-in NOT to stop and keep running in background always!

Or at least to keep updating the Current Cost Database !

Comment

Rick,

I performed a step test at about 3:40PM by dropping the demand. I have a couple of observations.

The drop in load was immediately indicated on the ENVI panel display as $3.24/$99.00 a month, eg ~0.14/Hour.

Almost 90 minutes later the 'real time' values in the xml file are slowly decaying in a downward direction. I expected some sort of average but it appears to be a very long averge or filter.

The second observation is that some values in the XML are not getting to the tags wilth full precision, e.g. the real time hour cost is 0.1595513, but the long integer value in the tag is 160. Late edit, see the C jpg, tag updated with a long integer value of 159 i.e. 0.159 but the string is still 0.16.

===================================================
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ GetHSDevice, Key=0,6
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ GetHSDevice, Get Result=OK, CreateNew=False
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ CheckUpdate Status for Device: RealCostPerHour, Sensor=0, HSDevice(False)=OK
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ CheckUpdate Status for Device: RealCostPerHour, Sensor=0, Processing Single: 0.1595513
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate for Device: RealCostPerDay, Sensor=0
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking DataItem
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking preDataItem
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking Sensor
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking Channel 2 & 3
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ continuing CheckUpdate for Device: RealCostPerDay, Sensor=0
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ GetHSDevice, Key=0,7
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ CheckUpdate Status for Device: RealCostPerDay, Sensor=0, HSDevice(False)=OK
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ CheckUpdate Status for Device: RealCostPerDay, Sensor=0, Processing Single: 3.829232
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate for Device: RealCostPerMonth, Sensor=0
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking DataItem
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking preDataItem
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking Sensor
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ in CheckUpdate, Checking Channel 2 & 3
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ continuing CheckUpdate for Device: RealCostPerMonth, Sensor=0
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ GetHSDevice, Key=0,8
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ CheckUpdate Status for Device: RealCostPerMonth, Sensor=0, HSDevice(False)=OK
                8/6/2010 4:57:00 PM ~ CheckUpdate Status for Device: RealCostPerMonth, Sensor=0, Processing Single: 118.7062
                ================================================

That said, the real question is what filtering algorithm is being used in the CC.

From a enhancement/cleanup point of view, you might consider:

1. In the hour chart, round the y-axis values to an appropriate value and precision.

2. On the today vs yesterday chart, ensure there is always a top most y-axis value

3. On the monthly chart, round the y-axis values to an appropriate value and precision.

While I know the CC is not a replacement for the billing meter, I have nevertheless run some experiments. In general the CC is about 7-8% low; this error appears to be the sum of different percentage errors on the two legs plus the error due to the difference between the assumed voltage (120?) and my actual.

Has anyone else done any similar experiments?

Best Regards,

Mark
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mark42; August 6, 2010, 04:22 PM. Reason: Added C jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                  The rate problem is interesting - the only thing I can think of is that there is another rate table defined and is active? The other thing is that there is a feature in event actions to override the current rate table, and if you used the API previously to do that, perhaps it is still overridden. Try creating an event that has two actions - 1. It disables any rate overrides that may be in effect, and 2. Activates the rate table by name that you want active. Run the event, and then wait up to 90 seconds for the status device to update and see what it says.

The other problem with it not updating, and perhaps even the rate problem, may be because you are using the API to update the energy usage instead of the plug-in reading the data, because the data read also triggers all of the procedures that do the updating. So confirm for me if you will that you are NOT connected to any sort of Envi unit?
                  Hi Rick,

I am only using the API, I don't have current cost hardware. I call the API every 30 seconds. I'll do as you suggested and get back here.

thanks,
                  Phil

Comment

I'm seeing fairly accurate graphs. They seem to lag by just 2 minutes.

I turned the microwave on at 6:19 for 5 minutes.. ok you caught me! Didn't feel like cooking tonight As you can see the graph ramps up just after 6:21 and then back down just about 6:26.

The longer higher usage just before was an aqua pump which just finished it's 45 minute cycle before the microwave went on.

Robert
                    Attached Files
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post

Hi Rick,
                      I have tried the two events to reset the table and ovverides but no change. My realtime cost seems now stuck at 31c regardless of what the actual consumption KW is. I am using only the API, it worked fine prior to version 1.0.0.42.

Also, My monthly graphs are showing a lot more (sometimes nearly double) consumption than last month. What is stored in the database? Just KW samples or other info? I'm thinking my continuing with the realtime cost /hr issue may be polluting my data month on month at the moment.

Attached are to shots showing that 31c realtime per hour regardless of whether I am consuming 960W or 3360 W. There was a point where this was stuck at 25c but now it's stuck at 31c.

Also attached is the ini file.

regards,
                      Phil
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        I'm seeing fairly accurate graphs. They seem to lag by just 2 minutes.

I turned the microwave on at 6:19 for 5 minutes.. ok you caught me! Didn't feel like cooking tonight As you can see the graph ramps up just after 6:21 and then back down just about 6:26.

The longer higher usage just before was an aqua pump which just finished it's 45 minute cycle before the microwave went on.

Robert
                        The cause of this maybe because the plugin is getting the time from the Envi meter as it outputs the time according to its own clock (which is not a bad idea except for the following).

The problem comes from when the Envi is outputting the history data i'm led to believe the internal clock stops and resumes when the output has stopped, this happens every two hours so you might end up with the clock being out by 20 seconds a day, problem then it ends up being out by a minute or two a week and then 5mins a month etc.

Comment

Robert,

I also see a several minute shift.

The load was step changed up at 5:38:00 and setp changed down at 5:42:00 more or less.

My ENVI is within a few seconds of the HT2 as seen in the four point extract file. This file contains the breakpoint values from the debug log file.

The second log file is a grep of all the total usage values for a period before, during and after the test.

Mark
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            The cause of this maybe because the plugin is getting the time from the Envi meter as it outputs the time according to its own clock (which is not a bad idea except for the following).

The problem comes from when the Envi is outputting the history data i'm led to believe the internal clock stops and resumes when the output has stopped, this happens every two hours so you might end up with the clock being out by 20 seconds a day, problem then it ends up being out by a minute or two a week and then 5mins a month etc.
                            If the plugin was getting it's time from the Envi, it would be closer. I installed my CC on Jul 23 and set the time within seconds of my HS (actually, you can only set up hr:mm on the CC). I have been watching it since to see if the time has drifted and have no evidence of a 20 second/per disparity.

Rob
                            Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the clock drift of the Envi unit.

The clock remains accurate (within acceptable margins) and will only drop 1 or 2 minutes when a forced data dump is actioned using the middle and down button.

I have observed this over a 15 month period.

Jo

Comment

Graphs stop updating..

I am continuing to have the problem with the kWh graph stopping on its own, usually between 1130PM and midnight. It takes a HS restart to resume. I have not been able to get the chart to complete a 24 hour period since installation. I am running the .42 plugin and see nothing in the logs to give any clues as to why the chart stops. Would appreciate any guidance - this is on a Vista machine. An upgrade to Windows 7 is not an option at this time until I figure this out.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X