www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HomeSeer DSC Plug-in

HomeSeer DSC Plug-in HomeSeer DSC plug-in for Power Series security panels

Old September 19th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
Older versions should be in your updates3 folder.

Cheers
Al
Thanks. I should have posted an update. Wade e-mailed me the previous version so I am good.

Robert
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:00 PM
OverSeer

Hi Robert,

Great to hear.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:05 PM
Seer

Unhappy Still the same problem with 3.0.0.44...?

I thought it would be safe to install the 3.0.0.44 version but the same problem is still there;

2014-10-01 19:12:08 ~!~DSC Security~!~Error in COM Thread Start on Port 1: Det angivna portnamnet börjar inte med COM/com och kan inte omsättas i en giltig serieport.Parameternamn: portName

Do I have a broken DSC module now?

Fredrik
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:25 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredrikKan View Post
I thought it would be safe to install the 3.0.0.44 version but the same problem is still there;

2014-10-01 19:12:08 ~!~DSC Security~!~Error in COM Thread Start on Port 1: Det angivna portnamnet börjar inte med COM/com och kan inte omsättas i en giltig serieport.Parameternamn: portName

Do I have a broken DSC module now?

Fredrik
Initially, I had the same problem until I rebooted HS3. Now it works well.
Just one bug left. The User Opening device only shows the 3 msb digits of the 8 digits so we have no idea who actually disarmed the system. It always reports 750. However the logfile spits out the entire 8 digits. For me, it's important because when I'm on travel, a neighbor will come over to tend to the cat. So when she disarms the system using her guest code, I want HS3 to react differently than if me or my wife disarms the system.
I posted bug 2243 about this last week. If displaying 8 digits it too much work, the 3 lsb digits are the most important.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:43 PM
Seer Master

Actually, I did have something odd (and frustrating) happen last night. I came home from work & Costco after trying to fillup my gas tank, which was declined by AMEX. So I disarmed the system and a Force Arm was triggered. That's happened before so I have an event that kicks in to clear it. It simply sends the arm partition using the master code to the IT-100, waits a couple of seconds and sends the disarm code. That seemed to work to I called AMEX. I have set the "Cannot Re-Run For:" property to 4 minutes but it kept re-triggering every few seconds anyway. It's never done that before. So HS3 is playing all these alarm noises that I wrote events for, while I'm on the phone with AMEX (turns out their system was down last night and declined many people's purchases) and at the same time, my cat is meowing his head off to pay attention to him. Arg! So I'm running around the house trying to find a quiet place with the Homeseer alarm going off, the cat following me and the AMEX computer voice saying "I'm sorry I didn't not understand that." Failing to find a quiet place, I kept punching the master code into the panel over and over and over until it magically cleared.
The good news is that I'm glad it didn't happen to my wife! I'd be in for it and any future Homeseer purchases would be in jeopardy.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:57 PM
Seer

Reboot of HS3 sure helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS View Post
Initially, I had the same problem until I rebooted HS3. Now it works well.
Just one bug left. The User Opening device only shows the 3 msb digits of the 8 digits so we have no idea who actually disarmed the system. It always reports 750. However the logfile spits out the entire 8 digits. For me, it's important because when I'm on travel, a neighbor will come over to tend to the cat. So when she disarms the system using her guest code, I want HS3 to react differently than if me or my wife disarms the system.
I posted bug 2243 about this last week. If displaying 8 digits it too much work, the 3 lsb digits are the most important.
Thanks for the advice - after reboot of HS3 the error output is gone.

Sorry about your other problems - reminds me of Dave in "2001 A space odyssey" when he is locked out by HAL 9000
"Sorry Dave - I can´t do that"
Old October 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Actually, I did have something odd (and frustrating) happen last night. I came home from work & Costco after trying to fillup my gas tank, which was declined by AMEX. So I disarmed the system and a Force Arm was triggered. That's happened before so I have an event that kicks in to clear it. It simply sends the arm partition using the master code to the IT-100, waits a couple of seconds and sends the disarm code. That seemed to work to I called AMEX. I have set the "Cannot Re-Run For:" property to 4 minutes but it kept re-triggering every few seconds anyway. It's never done that before. So HS3 is playing all these alarm noises that I wrote events for, while I'm on the phone with AMEX (turns out their system was down last night and declined many people's purchases) and at the same time, my cat is meowing his head off to pay attention to him. Arg! So I'm running around the house trying to find a quiet place with the Homeseer alarm going off, the cat following me and the AMEX computer voice saying "I'm sorry I didn't not understand that." Failing to find a quiet place, I kept punching the master code into the panel over and over and over until it magically cleared.
The good news is that I'm glad it didn't happen to my wife! I'd be in for it and any future Homeseer purchases would be in jeopardy.
The "force arm" is a standard DSC note. It makes no sense, but the panel sends it quite frequently. I get it all the time and just ignore it. It doesn't show on the panel itself, only through the IT-100 messages.
Old October 1st, 2014, 03:33 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaiL View Post
The "force arm" is a standard DSC note. It makes no sense, but the panel sends it quite frequently. I get it all the time and just ignore it. It doesn't show on the panel itself, only through the IT-100 messages.
I can reproduce it by tripping the PIR while disarming. Until that condition is cleared, the partition will never report either a disarmed or ready condition. It was not an issue until I had HS perform actions based on the partition status. I still don't understand why the event kept re-triggering.
Old October 1st, 2014, 03:36 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredrikKan View Post
Thanks for the advice - after reboot of HS3 the error output is gone.

Sorry about your other problems - reminds me of Dave in "2001 A space odyssey" when he is locked out by HAL 9000
"Sorry Dave - I can´t do that"
I felt like Earl Holliman in the Twilight Zone episode when he was locked up in the small room to simulate being on a spaceflight to Mars and at the end he kept bashing the panic button over and over, hoping it would all end.
Old October 1st, 2014, 10:26 PM
Viewer

I was wondering if you guys are working on a plugin wich would be compatible with the new DSC NEO panels ?
Old October 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck View Post
I was wondering if you guys are working on a plugin wich would be compatible with the new DSC NEO panels ?
I'm curious about this as well. Looking to replace an ancient panel, and was thinking of going with the Neo.

Thanks!

-Mike
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:31 PM
Seer

DSC Not Working - How Can I Troubleshoot?

I am having a problem with DSC plugin with HS3. I recently upgraded to plugin version 3.0.0.44 to see if that would resolve the issue, but no change. In short, everything appears to be working (no errors that I can see within HS3 and I have turned on ‘Enable Status Logging’ and ‘Enable Debug Logging’ from the DSC plugin config screen). However, status changes (door opening, etc.) in DSC are not reflected in HS3. Likewise, any actions that I attempt in HS3 are not reflected in DSC. I am using the IT-100 interface and it shows a steady flashing green which indicates it is powered and is sending/receiving data with the panel. This was previously working great and I don’t believe that I have made any changes, so I have no idea why it is no longer working. My first question at this point is what can I do to troubleshoot this further, and perhaps identify where it is failing?
Old November 4th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwijas View Post
I am having a problem with DSC plugin with HS3. I recently upgraded to plugin version 3.0.0.44 to see if that would resolve the issue, but no change. In short, everything appears to be working (no errors that I can see within HS3 and I have turned on ‘Enable Status Logging’ and ‘Enable Debug Logging’ from the DSC plugin config screen). However, status changes (door opening, etc.) in DSC are not reflected in HS3. Likewise, any actions that I attempt in HS3 are not reflected in DSC. I am using the IT-100 interface and it shows a steady flashing green which indicates it is powered and is sending/receiving data with the panel. This was previously working great and I don’t believe that I have made any changes, so I have no idea why it is no longer working. My first question at this point is what can I do to troubleshoot this further, and perhaps identify where it is failing?
Have you restarted HS3 since the plugin update? When I upgraded, I had com port errors but restarting fixed it.

Also, what problems were you seeing before the update? There are only 2 issues I see with .44:
1. Partition Armed never gets set. (I submitted bug 2348 on 10/31/14)
2. User Opening shows only the 3 MSB of the 8 digits (I submitted bug 2243 on 9/25/14)

- Robert
Old November 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

I had problems with the Baud rate if changed in the plugin. I keep it at 9600 and have had good luck with it. If I changed the baud rate in the plugin to anything other than 9600, I loose connection between HS3 and DSC, The IT100 flashes and DSC works but will not update HS3. When changed back all is good.
Old November 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSO View Post
I had problems with the Baud rate if changed in the plugin. I keep it at 9600 and have had good luck with it. If I changed the baud rate in the plugin to anything other than 9600, I loose connection between HS3 and DSC, The IT100 flashes and DSC works but will not update HS3. When changed back all is good.
OK, I never changed the baud rate so I never saw that problem.

- Robert
Old November 18th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

When I want to go to the DSC Security > Device Config I got a blank page after upgrading to ver. 3.0.0.44

the apps still running... and working but no page to config.

how can I recover the Html page?
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Seer

Quote:
Have you restarted HS3 since the plugin update? When I upgraded, I had com port errors but restarting fixed it.

Also, what problems were you seeing before the update? There are only 2 issues I see with .44:
1. Partition Armed never gets set. (I submitted bug 2348 on 10/31/14)
2. User Opening shows only the 3 MSB of the 8 digits (I submitted bug 2243 on 9/25/14)

- Robert
To answer your questions:

I have tried to restart HS3 on multiple occasions

I wasn't seeing any issues prior to the .44 update - other than there wasn't seemingly any communication between HS3 and DSC, which was working just fine, but mysteriously stopped at some point. My original questions remains, which is how can I troubleshoot this and identify where it is failing?
Old November 23rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
Seer Plus

missing green padlocks

Just upgrading to HS3 from HSPro.

I've installed the DSC plugin and it works, the status text will update with the text "open or restored" however there is no little green open/closed padlock like I had with HSpro. Which also means the little padlock icon is missing in hstouch as well.

I can manually go in and associate the open and closed padlocks with each value, but I've never had to do this on the old version and wondered if it an install bug/permissions problem or expected behaviour?
Old November 30th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Seer

Quote:
I just upgraded to version 3.0.0.45 and it is still not working. Issue is described above - can someone PLEASE provide some troubleshooting steps. All I am looking for is basic troubleshooting steps when DSC plugin is not working. Thanks!
Old November 30th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I just upgraded to version 3.0.0.45 and it is still not working. Issue is described above - can someone PLEASE provide some troubleshooting steps. All I am looking for is basic troubleshooting steps when DSC plugin is not working. Thanks!
You get no status from the panel and cannot send any commands to the panel either, right? It seems that there is either a com port issue or a plugin issue.
Maybe the com port got fried. Have you tried using a different com port?

- Robert