www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HomeSeer DSC Plug-in

HomeSeer DSC Plug-in HomeSeer DSC plug-in for Power Series security panels

Old November 10th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Seer

HomeSeer DSC Alarm Panel Software Plug-in for HS3

Is this (HomeSeer DSC Alarm Panel Software Plug-in for HS3) and the DSC-IT100 board required to connect to a DSC alarm system, or just one or the other.

In addition, presumably the EnvisaLink DSC Software Plug-in for HS3 is required as well?

Thanks
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:02 PM
OverSeer

Both a plugin and the hardware are required. Either plugin will work but the 3rd party plugin is the more polished of the two and has a better user experience.
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:52 PM
OverSeer

I agree with Rupp. I have a DSC PC1864 and an Envisalink EVL4 interface. I use Spud’s plug-in. I use wired motion sensors, wireless and wired door sensors, wireless window sensors and wireless flood detectors. My smoke and CO detectors are wired to the panel.

The plug-in ties it all together. I can arm/disarm the panel through events and allow the motion sensors to control lighting. Arming the system can lock the doors or unlocking the doors can disarm the system. The EVL4 provides for monitoring and/or free text messages and a web view of the system status. A flood alarm from the panel can shut off my water supply. I even have a wireless window sensor on my curbside mailbox to let us know when mail is delivered.

The system and the interface has been flawless.

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old November 11th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Seer

Thanks will get the suggested plug in