Speak email body ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak email body ?

I have created an event, that runs when I receive an email (or SMS at a later stage) with subject 'Reminder'. What I want to do is store the email body, so it will be spoken when a device turns on.
    Basically the system waits until we are home, then speaks the message is what I want to achieve. That should be possible ?

You would have to write a script that parses the subject of the email and either store it in a text file or a virtual devices. Then have the event read the text file or virtual device string. Then you would need a way to clear it out possibly after reading it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      You would have to write a script that parses the subject of the email and either store it in a text file or a virtual devices. Then have the event read the text file or virtual device string. Then you would need a way to clear it out possibly after reading it.
      The script commands for email have been broken since 2014 - http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1500

Comment

That's a neat idea. Commenting in case there's progress on this that you'd like to share

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Yes that sounds like a good idea. I will need help with the scripting though, no way I can do that (parsing the email etc...). But storing the message in a virtual device should be easy. Then I can read it when needed. That should work. I will ask for help in the scripting section.

Comment

Working...
          X