No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the HSSentry is stepping on HS3 when a crash takes place...

Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I could have had a look at this when I was in "test mode". I have to move on to some other projects, so this will have to wait until we are back on HS3. I will note to look into it. We never really intended plugins to come and go, so that has not had much testing. Although I don't know of a specific reason why it should not work.

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
      When I saw that the HsEvent queuing logic had been improved in 425, I hoped that a long standing problem that I have been experiencing might be resolved. I waited until things calmed down and installed 435 today. All running fine, but no improvement to my HsEvent problem.

I am running a remote plugin that connects/disconnects throughout the day (tenScripting). It registers for HsEvents.

When I first start the remote plugin, all is fine and Events are received. When stopped, and then restarted, most of the time no HsEvents are received. Sometimes if I wait many minutes, they start coming through, but mostly not.

Eventually I do get errors in the log indicating that HS3 received an object reference error trying to access my HsEvents routine FROM SEVERAL EXECUTIONS BEFORE. I even converted the plugin to connect each time with a different instance name, did not help.

Here is a synopsis from the HS3 log:

14:16 Instance T041414 connected
      15:02 Instance T041414 disconnected

05:11 T041510 connected
      16:55 disconnected

17:26 T041725 connected
      18:39 disconnected

22:27 T042227 connected

23:02 Calling HSEvent in plugin tenScripting, Instance T041414:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Note the instance number

If I wait an hour before restarting the remote plugin, I usually get the Events okay, until I stop and restart.

I've tried this running the remote plugin from the same computer as HS3, same problem.

I have tried every way to stop the plugin execution, closing out connections, destroying connection objects, etc, but cannot solve this.

What I found confusing is there is no way to unregister for the events.

Any suggestions on what to try, or how to get better info to HS to help resolve? I open bug report a long time ago. No response.

tenholde
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HSSentry tries to kill the hs3 EXE, but I guess that is not 100% reliable. Maybe it should just restart the system like it does for Linux?

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        Looks like the HSSentry is stepping on HS3 when a crash takes place...

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          HSSentry tries to kill the hs3 EXE, but I guess that is not 100% reliable. Maybe it should just restart the system like it does for Linux?
          I'd rather not pull that ripcord just yet...

I'm trying something now that I hope will allow HSSentry to not get caught up in the stupid windows error reporting system.

With my current system instabilities, I'm sure I'll have plenty of crashes to test this..
          Last edited by ServiceXp; April 23, 2018, 06:51 PM.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I saw this before I could not recreate it for some reason. Need to spend more time on it. It does not make sense as the code is simply looking for a system IP, and not a domain name, so some system call is not working as expected.

Originally posted by efrey View Post
            Running since this morning using 3.0.0.435 on HS ZEE S2 ...
            - In general, it looks good.
            - One problem remains for me ... HSSentry goes into rolling reboot while the local network is down. This was reported earlier:
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=190

I tried the following different settings in Config/settings.ini and re-ran my experiment with each setting (Test scenario: HS is up and running, disable my WiFi on my LAN, and see if the ZEE restarts):
            - no SentryIP statement
            - SentryIP=127.0.0.1
            - SentryIP=127.0.1.1

My /etc/hosts file is:
            127.0.0.1 localhost
            ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
            ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
            ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
            127.0.1.1 HTZeeS2V2-4015
            <<--- note: I changed the default name to allow multiple Zees on my local network

My Zee is connected to my LAN using WiFi, and gets a LAN IP address of 10.0.0.129.

Regardless of the SentyIP value in Config/settings.ini, the hs_sentry.log file is consistent with the following error message pattern:
            --->> Turn off the WiFi AP on my local network here in time
            4/23/2018 2:06:29 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 10.0.0.129
            4/23/2018 2:10:49 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:11:09 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:11:29 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:11:49 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:12:09 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:12:29 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:12:29 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
            4/23/2018 2:12:52 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1
            4/23/2018 2:13:13 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:13:33 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:13:53 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:14:13 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:14:33 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:14:53 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:14:53 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
            4/23/2018 2:15:15 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1
            4/23/2018 2:15:36 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:15:56 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:16:16 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:16:41 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:17:01 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:17:21 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:17:21 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
            ---->>> My WiFi network comes back up here, and the Zee reconnects
            4/23/2018 2:18:51 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 10.0.0.129
            4/23/2018 2:26:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:26:52 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:27:12 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:27:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
            4/23/2018 2:28:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure

For now, I plan to disable HSSentry on the HS Setup web page, and run without HSSentry. (Or implement my own home-brew sentry using a simple bash script in a cron job.)

Comment

I've been waiting a long time with this as an open bug, and many of your users use this plugin.

I would appreciate anything you can do.
              tenholde

Comment

Seems to be running fine on both Windows and 5-6 Zee2's.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

v435 -- Possible problemw/ Blue-Iris Plugin

Updated my Linux HS3 system (Ubuntu 16.04) to .435. Plugin manager is reporting Blue-Iris plugin as "INFO: Plugin start is pending." I don't know how else to see any other information. Suggestions? I don't seem to be getting any alerts from BI...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Uninstall and reinstall it again. That might help. Check your logs and see what they are reporting when you do this.

Comment

Just give it a few seconds then refresh the web page.

Comment

Reinstalled. Rebooted. Waited 2 hours. BI Plugin is still "pending." HS3 events says it's not running. I use BI for motion detection, triggering HS3 events for security purposes. Going to have to drop back to v.368 :-(

Rog

Comment

Unistalled BI Plugin, reinstalled, log says, "Finished initializing plug-in Blue-Iris" and Device List says it's connected, but it's not accepting JSON messages.

Comment

What version of Mono is installed.

Comment

Mono 5.10.1.47

Comment

It's not clear if you're still getting the pending plug-in message but if you are try disabling another plug-in And re-enabling it and see if it clears the blue iris plugin that work for me on a previous version.
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X