www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Analog & Digital IO Device Plug-ins > Analog & Digital IO Discussion > Arduino Plugin (3P)

Arduino Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the Arduion plugin for HS3 by enigmatheatre

Old May 10th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Seer

Big Red Button

I have a big red button like this that I'm wanting to connect with HomeSeer to trigger an event.

Is there a way with an Arduino that I can trigger an event when the circuit is closed (button pressed)?
Old May 10th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Super Seer

Yes, this is the kind of think the Arduino is used for. It takes contact closure in and out of Homeseer devices and you can act on this in events.

If you need any more help or info then get in touch.

Greig.
Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various
Old May 10th, 2018, 05:09 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbas View Post
I have a big red button like this that I'm wanting to connect with HomeSeer to trigger an event.

Is there a way with an Arduino that I can trigger an event when the circuit is closed (button pressed)?
Sure.
  1. Connect the switch between an Arduino pin and ground
  2. Assign that pin as an input in the Arduino configuration
  3. Create an Event with the trigger "Arduino pin changes and becomes Closed"
  4. Execute the desired actions in the Event

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino