Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    Running it more often than 1 minute doesn't provide any benefit with the lag of updates provided by Life360. I have found that the lag from Life360 sometimes equals out to about 5 minutes. It's best to use the web interface or your phone app and watch and adjust as needed based upon the results you get from Life360.
    So there is a 5 minute lag? hmm..I like that phlocation/backitude give me pretty much instant updates. I understand this may not be your fault of course

Either way, I put them on my phone when you created the plugin and am now running the plugin as well, but only on my phone for now. Somethings I'm not sure are possible, but wanted to ask:
    • Can you tell when you are heading towards/away from a "place"?
    • I'm currently at Home, but does it give an address or business name when you're not at a saved place? (I wrote a script to do this based of long/latitue using Google APIs)
    • Do you have access to the Lat/long? I use this to produce maps and some other things

I may have more later, but I wanted to get it installed so I could at least test it. I work from home so not sure how I'll be able to test it when not home. I may put it on my wife's phone if she'll let me

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      So there is a 5 minute lag? hmm..I like that phlocation/backitude give me pretty much instant updates. I understand this may not be your fault of course

Either way, I put them on my phone when you created the plugin and am now running the plugin as well, but only on my phone for now. Somethings I'm not sure are possible, but wanted to ask:
      • Can you tell when you are heading towards/away from a "place"?
      • I'm currently at Home, but does it give an address or business name when you're not at a saved place? (I wrote a script to do this based of long/latitue using Google APIs)
      • Do you have access to the Lat/long? I use this to produce maps and some other things

I may have more later, but I wanted to get it installed so I could at least test it. I work from home so not sure how I'll be able to test it when not home. I may put it on my wife's phone if she'll let me

The 5 min lag is a variable number and depends on your cell signal quality if you're on wifi, how many wifi hotspots you're bouncing off of etc. This is unfortunately a Life360/phone thing. I also run PHLocation with egiGeoFence for event automation (garage door open) because it's only using the local phone GPS info which is faster because it's a trigger based function versus a periodic "updating". But on to the questions.

1. Towards/Away from place. Technically this can be achieved but would require more development using the LAT/LONG that is available. However I don't think Life360 was really designed for it, it is possible. I haven't given thought into implementing.

2. If you are NOT at a KNOWN place (defined in life360) it will show the address of wherever the person is at.

3. Yes the LAT/LONG is provided and I have been thinking of integrating/using that to provide google maps or some other functions or just providing the raw data.

Comment

The 5 min lag is a variable number and depends on your cell signal quality if you're on wifi, how many wifi hotspots you're bouncing off of etc. This is unfortunately a Life360/phone thing. I also run PHLocation with egiGeoFence for event automation (garage door open) because it's only using the local phone GPS info which is faster because it's a trigger based function versus a periodic "updating". But on to the questions.

1. Towards/Away from place. Technically this can be achieved but would require more development using the LAT/LONG that is available. However I don't think Life360 was really designed for it, it is possible. I haven't given thought into implementing.

2. If you are NOT at a KNOWN place (defined in life360) it will show the address of wherever the person is at.

3. Yes the LAT/LONG is provided and I have been thinking of integrating/using that to provide google maps or some other functions or just providing the raw data.
        I asked about the towards/away because i use that currently (I think). I guess I don't really need it though. Right now when I am driving home form the office in Tampa (when I actually go in) when I leave, it updates a device so that when my wife asks where I'm at, Alexa can say "Oh, he's left work, he's in this city now and will be home in X minutes".

Having the Lat/Long would be great. I don't need the maps as I create my own.

Out of curiousity, do you have a specific use case for this since you are already using egigeozone and phlocation?

Comment

I asked about the towards/away because i use that currently (I think). I guess I don't really need it though. Right now when I am driving home form the office in Tampa (when I actually go in) when I leave, it updates a device so that when my wife asks where I'm at, Alexa can say "Oh, he's left work, he's in this city now and will be home in X minutes".

Out of curiousity, do you have a specific use case for this since you are already using egigeozone and phlocation?
          For your use there's a Life360 skill for Alexa where you can say "Alexa, Ask Life360 where <name> is". It works rather well.

I can add the LAT/LONG as a child devices easy enough. I'll add that to a future release. Trying to get stabilized and then I'll add more.

I use egigeofence on my phone and my wife's phone and that's as far as I got with it. Trying to get my kids phones long enough to do the setup has been a challenge. I've used Life360 for a long time now and had it with SmartThings and with Home Assistant and I wrote scripts for use with Vera and I figured hey why not for Homeseer!

If all of my family phones were in PHLocation I may not have bothered, but then there's also the use for "extended family". Such as my oldest is moved out and if I wanted her to add Life360 that's a simple app install and sign up process. Trying to have her setup egigeofence??? yeah forget it!

Comment

Here's the update with Lat/Long child devices. A delete/re-create of the devices is needed until I have time and figure out how to add child devices after the fact. That would make adding things a lot easier.

Oh and for your leaving work that could be a if device changes and is NOT equal to "work" if you have that as a place setup in Life360. Or something along those lines my wording is probably off. Anyways, the new package is in the first post and this link.

New Version: 0.0.2.98
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...98&postcount=1

Comment

I just uploaded a new version. The originals and probably since the first package had the SupportsAddDevice() set to True which was making it "own" newly created virtual devices and creating a tab in the device properties for those virtual devices. This only happened on virtual devices created from the Web Console. Sorry... it's been fixed. Package is in the 1st post.

Comment

Can you provide your Linux info again and Mono version?

When you said you deleted all configuration files did you also delete Config/Life360

Are the permissions set correctly on Config/Life360 for the plugin to write it's files to that directory?

I'm trying to figure out that error is there more in the debug log? Can you enable debug and let it run to see if more info is gathered?

I've been running 0.0.2.93 since release and I haven't had any of those errors on Linux. I'm running Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 Server) with latest Mono from the mono project.

What version of HS3? I'm running .435
                Hi

I am using Mono 5.0.1.1, this is the latest version that is supporting ASPX webpages which is needed for Jon00's webpages to work.

HS3 version .435

Linux version, Debian 4.9.88-1+deb9u1

Checked permissions, should be good made all 777.

Now on plugin version 0.0.3.1

Yes I also deleted the Config/Life360 folder. A new folder has not been generated after I removed the folder. Tried making in manually and giving full permission to the folder.

Also, got this Warning
                Warning File does not exist: /home/christian/HomeSeer/html/Life360Config

Is there some config stuff in the html folder as well? Can not find any file like this.

Will enable debug logging.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                  Hi

I am using Mono 5.0.1.1, this is the latest version that is supporting ASPX webpages which is needed for Jon00's webpages to work.

HS3 version .435

Linux version, Debian 4.9.88-1+deb9u1

Checked permissions, should be good made all 777.

Now on plugin version 0.0.3.1

Yes I also deleted the Config/Life360 folder. A new folder has not been generated after I removed the folder. Tried making in manually and giving full permission to the folder.

Also, got this Warning
                  Warning File does not exist: /home/christian/HomeSeer/html/Life360Config

Is there some config stuff in the html folder as well? Can not find any file like this.

Will enable debug logging.

Christian
                  Did you delete your existing Life360 devices and then click create devices again in the config page after installing the new version?

There were 2 new child devices added in that release and a delete/re-create of devices is needed for them to be created.

Also if your config information is ever missing you can go to the config page and click "update places" that will create the config information.

Comment

Hi,

i have updated the plugin to last version .31

I deleted all device and config files

i start plugin , i put my mail and password in setup page

I click on "create device" --> OK

i go to device page and device are offline

i go to log and i see an error message "Devices not updated", no other logs

I go to Life360.com and my location is correct for me and my wife.

can you help me, thanks

Jean-francois.
                    See copy screen:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                      Hi,

i have updated the plugin to last version .31

I deleted all device and config files

i start plugin , i put my mail and password in setup page

I click on "create device" --> OK

i go to device page and device are offline

i go to log and i see an error message "Devices not updated", no other logs

I go to Life360.com and my location is correct for me and my wife.

can you help me, thanks

Jean-francois.
                      See copy screen:
                      It takes 1 minute by default after the create devices before it updates. Are your devices updated now?

Comment

Hello, Jeubanks
                        It takes 1 minute by default after the create devices before it updates. Are your devices updated now?

NO.

Jean-francois.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, Jeubanks

NO.

Jean-francois.
                          Well that's nice.

That is generally when there's no network connection to the internet. Can you enable debug and send the info. I may need to add more into debug and I can update the error to make it more meaningful.

Comment

Hello, Jeubanks

NO.

Jean-francois.
                            I just did a install/test on my Linux box and I got an exception because of Newtonsoft (I didn't do a full install) like I documented for this version.

Do a full copy/replace of the zip file contents into your HS3 root and delete the existing devices. Turn on debug logging and then click create devices and see if you get any errors.

Comment

Did you delete your existing Life360 devices and then click create devices again in the config page after installing the new version?

There were 2 new child devices added in that release and a delete/re-create of devices is needed for them to be created.

Also if your config information is ever missing you can go to the config page and click "update places" that will create the config information.
                              I deleted all devices a couple of days ago, now new devices has been created since. Always getting error messages in log when trying to create devices or update places.

Create Devices gives this:

May-29 07:54:28 Error Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0
                              May-29 07:54:28 Life360 Debug Button: Create Devices Pressed

Update places (just deleted the Config/Life360 folder before pressing button):

May-29 07:55:19 Error Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0
                              May-29 07:55:19 Life360 Debug Created Configuration Directory: Config/Life360
                              May-29 07:55:19 Life360 Debug Updating Configuration File
                              May-29 07:55:19 Life360 Debug Button: Update Places Presse

New click (can see folder now exist):

May-29 07:56:31 Error Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0
                              May-29 07:56:31 Life360 Debug Configuration Directory Exists: Config/Life360
                              May-29 07:56:31 Life360 Debug Updating Configuration File
                              May-29 07:56:31 Life360 Debug Button: Update Places Pressed

Comment

Hello
                                Well that's nice.

That is generally when there's no network connection to the internet. Can you enable debug and send the info. I may need to add more into debug and I can update the error to make it more meaningful.
                                Debug is enabled, but i don't have log only "devices not updated"

I started plugin in developper mode and no log.

Jean-Francois.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X