Where did my primary controller go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did my primary controller go?

I 'm just getting started with zwave. I have a zstick 2 which has been working fine for about a week. I have 25 or so switches and modules hooked up. zwave communications are great, no lost commands or anything like that.

Earlier today, I did a 'optimize'. It seemed to run into problems, but something came up and I couldn't look into it further. However, a few hours later, I notice that I no longer have a primary controller. My zstick is now secondary, and it no longer has the 'optimize' option in its menus. I have no primary.. Where did it go? How do I make the zstick primary again?

I do have a GE remote which I have been messing around with. Did I somehow make that the primary by mistake?

Is there no hack or anything to make my zstick back to being a primary? I cannot figure out how it ended up being secondary.

Looking back at the logs, I imported a new device at 10:18pm. At 10:31, I did something to make homeseer reload the new device, probably rescan.

At 10:40, I restarted homeseer, probably because I discovered my zstick was secondary. When I added the new device at 10:18, it had to be primary because the stick allowed the device to be added.

I did nothing with my GE remote during this time except maybe turn some lights on and off, certainly nothing dealing with transferring nodes around from node to node.

Now, I can't add any more nodes to the zstick, and I'm stuck.. I got my last batch of switches in today, and I can't use them..

Comment

In case anyone runs into the same issue, I ended up just clearing the zstick and re-adding the devices to it.

Thankfully, homeseer still recognized all the devices and I did not have to redo my events which was very nice.

Comment

Working...
      X