Z-NET not booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-NET not booting

I had a power outage at home and my ZNET won't come up.
    I has the red and green LED on together and doesn't have an IP address.

Any diagnostics I can do without a monitor attached?
    Any recommendations for a cheap HDMI monitor? Would this work? or should I not open up the case
    Can I just use a HDMI to VGA adapter to use my old vga monitor on the znet?

Appreciate the help I'm in the dark ages now without any automation.
    Last edited by denisl; January 23, 2017, 07:09 PM.

Assume you are referring to the led on the outside of the case, and not two smaller leds that can be seen thru the slots of the case. For the former, during the time that both red & green are illuminated (appearing amber), you can, with a USB keyboard, enter an 'r' followed by enter, which should reset the network settings to default (DHCP). If this works, it will show up on the find.homeseer.com page and you should be back in business.

Interesting monitor - might be OK if your not old & blind like me!

Comment

Thanks for the response. I plugged the znet into another micro usb power cord and it fully booted up. It's now back on the network. Not sure if the power cable was a coincidence or not.

I was referring to the two smaller leds through the slots, the main led never turned on so I didn't know it was there until I swapped power cords. Thanks for the tip, good for future reference.

The thought of losing my znet was scary. Any way to automate backing up the devices on ZNET?

Comment

Working...
      X